Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

[Hitorio] - {Preparing to dick Newgrounds}

Go down 
+3
Haitam
Jones
Hitorio
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Hitorio
Staff
Hitorio

[Hitorio] - {Preparing to dick Newgrounds} Empty
PostSubject: [Hitorio] - {Preparing to dick Newgrounds}   [Hitorio] - {Preparing to dick Newgrounds} I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 1:20 pm

This thread is where I'm going to bring forth some individual pics that I've drawn or am drawing and mentally dissect them. The process of drawing, notable occurrences while drawing, lessons learned, etc.
If you wanna do the same and make a continuous scroll of combat experience, construct your own journal thread as well. I find it psychologically helpful, seeing as how you're basically taking loads of your artwork and storing it into a single scroll - when you check em out later, you can bathe in that artistic aura.

===========

Post 1:

Post 2:

Last edited by Hitorio on Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:23 am; edited 8 times in total
Back to top Go down
Jones

Jones

PostSubject: Re: [Hitorio] - {Preparing to dick Newgrounds}   [Hitorio] - {Preparing to dick Newgrounds} I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 9:35 pm

*cough*cornball*cough* :tease:
Glad you posted some sketches. Gonna make me edit some more bull in my thread lol.
Um , i read everything, but im just gonna comment on the first picture. I really like how the legs were drawn. Arms is sexy, hand is sexy, yadayadaya. Would the thighs really be like that? Looks off to me. Like the thigh and pelvic area is too big for her. I see you have lines outside the right side of the rectangle for her torso. If her back were coming out from there and when down straighter, i think that would look better.

Back to top Go down
Hitorio
Staff
Hitorio

PostSubject: Re: [Hitorio] - {Preparing to dick Newgrounds}   [Hitorio] - {Preparing to dick Newgrounds} I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 6:51 am

[Hitorio] - {Preparing to dick Newgrounds} 4ILOg
Is this what you mean by the back curvature? I got a mental image of the example on the right.

About the pelvis (and the overall length of her abdomen). This is where the anime style kicks in; make sure to take that into context.
Check this Dude Out (yeah; it's a dude):

Thighs too big for her? Could you expand on this?
Back to top Go down
Jones

Jones

PostSubject: Re: [Hitorio] - {Preparing to dick Newgrounds}   [Hitorio] - {Preparing to dick Newgrounds} I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 9:50 am

Yea, its not that your drew it wrong, but more of where it went.

How I would draw:
Spoiler:

I used the your starting point for this one:
Spoiler:

With the first picture, Our starting points for the back are different (obviously). Mines makes her torso thicker, which I think that suits her more. With the second pic, i just use a straighter line.
With that anime picture you posted, yea i would say her thighs are to big for her. But it seems to fit and look good for me. Maybe because shes pushing her torso out and her arm is hiding the line of her back. With the second picture i did, i would say her thighs are still somewhat big for her, but it looks better imo.

Another thing that i think factors in is that your legs are really realistic. You even have the bone structure visible(which i love when people do) So that could be why I didnt get the anime feel.

What do you think sir?

Back to top Go down
Haitam

Haitam

PostSubject: Re: [Hitorio] - {Preparing to dick Newgrounds}   [Hitorio] - {Preparing to dick Newgrounds} I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 11:58 am

HITO ,you finally posted something cool
I'll post my art progress over the past few months soon as well .

Hitorio wrote:

and I specifically wanted to do this pose because of the deformation of the thighs upon sitting in such a position
That's the first thing I noticed ! Done very well, sir.
her upper body looks thin though , because it's too long compared to the rest of her body.I would move her waist up a bit(I mean move up her legs + waist).will elaborate soon .
Back to top Go down
Hitorio
Staff
Hitorio

PostSubject: Re: [Hitorio] - {Preparing to dick Newgrounds}   [Hitorio] - {Preparing to dick Newgrounds} I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 4:27 pm

Haitam wrote:
her upper body looks thin though , because it's too long compared to the rest of her body.I would move her waist up a bit(I mean move up her legs + waist).will elaborate soon .
Jones wrote:

What do you think sir?

I'm agreeing about the fact that her upper body's a little too long - but, Jones, the shape of her upper body was pretty intentional - I was fine with it. It sounds like a cop-out, but that's part of the specific anime style I was going for. Hit me back when I throw some realism up in this bitch. ;)

Quote :
HITO ,you finally posted something cool

Yeah. cool
This time around, I'll try not to be... fuckin' annual - lol. ...hopefully this thread'll give me the push I need to be like "I need to do ____ today." Ka-Blam!!

...also, Jones - just exactly what the hell was corny? ._.

Back to top Go down
Haitam

Haitam

PostSubject: Re: [Hitorio] - {Preparing to dick Newgrounds}   [Hitorio] - {Preparing to dick Newgrounds} I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 4:40 pm

Elaboration not needed I guess,I just read you made her abdomen long on purpose too ,keep on experimenting.

second drawing looks ready to be cleaned,with slick lineart and celshading ,nice ! Is that flame next to her ,her ponytail ?
Back to top Go down
Jones

Jones

PostSubject: Re: [Hitorio] - {Preparing to dick Newgrounds}   [Hitorio] - {Preparing to dick Newgrounds} I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 5:10 pm

Hitorio wrote:
- but, Jones, the shape of her upper body was pretty intentional - I was fine with it. It sounds like a cop-out, but that's part of the specific anime style I was going for.
The shape of the curve that you drew for her back is perfectly fine. The thing is that for me, if you draw the line for her back the way you did at that starting point it makes her look un-proportionate. With the first picture I drew, our shape of "curvature" for her is almost the same. Mines just starts out wider, which make her legs not look as if they are too big for her body. To me at least.
When I used with your starting point for the second picture, i HAD to change the curvature. I drew a straighter line and didn't curve in as much, so her torso would look wider. So basically in my opinion, if you want to use the curvature for her back that you did, then you would have to make the starting point further out.
I understand that you were going for that anime ish look, but I think that her legs a just way to big when compared to the rest of her body.
*Pant*Pant*
Respond Boi RESSPPOONNDDD. Trying to make sure we are under-stan-din-g Each other BBRROOO :rage:
Hitorio wrote:
...also, Jones - just exactly what the hell was corny? ._.

:tease: Lol i called you a cornball quite a few times havent I? :tease:
Nah its just the use of the certain words and the sentences. If you could see me impersonate this in real life youd understand...and laugh
Hitorio wrote:

If you wanna do the same and make a continuous scroll of combat experience, construct your own journal thread
Back to top Go down
Hitorio
Staff
Hitorio

PostSubject: Re: [Hitorio] - {Preparing to dick Newgrounds}   [Hitorio] - {Preparing to dick Newgrounds} I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 10:28 am

Haitam wrote:

second drawing looks ready to be cleaned,with slick lineart and celshading ,nice ! Is that flame next to her ,her ponytail ?

Hellllll yeeaaaaahhh boooiiiii - this means that, somewhere in the internal mechanisms of her head, she's got a steady supply of fuel and heat - but fawk science. She's got freakin' flames coming from her head! Know what - to make the flames blue/purple and awesome-looking, let's say she's also fueling the combustion with concentrated, pure oxygen. What is she, a cyborg or some shit?

Right - about the "ready to be cleaned deal," I had been - up until that point, lazy when it came to prepping drawings for cleaning. Even though I'd seen uber-crisp-sketches on YouTube before artists cleaned it, I accepted less of a standard in my art and was all: "I'll just use imagination to draw over the sketchy, un-solid lines."
That shit. Did not work. ...especially in hi-res pics where you must zoom in and focus on getting your strokes to be awesome - you want a very strong sketchy base to work with. I'm only just getting into that groove. I'm a late bloomer on some things, but always come back strong.

===

Here's a more proportional leg pic for ya, Jones.
Spoiler:

Really though - I read, and I absorbed your point. ...yet I don't really agree. That's one of the things that I didn't care about when viewing the pic. I find it aesthetically appealing, in some wierd way as well- like certain pics of Chun-Li and such.

Spoiler:
Here's another one whipped up in a coupla minutes - the focus isn't the legs this time, as much as it is the shoulder and arm position. The arm goes back a bit less and is more steep, which is a less muscularly-stressful arm angle.
Back to top Go down
Jones

Jones

PostSubject: Re: [Hitorio] - {Preparing to dick Newgrounds}   [Hitorio] - {Preparing to dick Newgrounds} I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 11:37 am

Hitorio wrote:

Really though - I read, and I absorbed your point. ...yet I don't really agree.

And I respect that sir.
Back to top Go down
Hitorio
Staff
Hitorio

PostSubject: Re: [Hitorio] - {Preparing to dick Newgrounds}   [Hitorio] - {Preparing to dick Newgrounds} I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 12:12 pm

I see the troll drawing had no effect. I need something more powerful. I shall Photoshop pictures of your family.
Back to top Go down
Steeze

Steeze

PostSubject: Re: [Hitorio] - {Preparing to dick Newgrounds}   [Hitorio] - {Preparing to dick Newgrounds} I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2012 9:45 pm

Sooo good to finally see more sketches from you man! :D It seems you're pretty comfortable with your style of drawing atm, enough to start exaggerating parts on the body to strike a specific pose, and that makes my eyes verry happy. :)

Although I do think in your first drawing, the pelvic bone is a bit wide in proportions, and imo not verry appealing around the waist area. Just an opinion tho, people who find such wide asses to be appealing would be your best audience. Everything other than that I find to be pro status my friend! I love taking a look at how you work your processes and methods. I'll be lookin forward to more sketches FO SHO! ;D
Back to top Go down
http://steez10.deviantart.com
Hitorio
Staff
Hitorio

PostSubject: Re: [Hitorio] - {Preparing to dick Newgrounds}   [Hitorio] - {Preparing to dick Newgrounds} I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 8:17 pm

Steeze wrote:
people who find such wide asses to be appealing would be your best audience.
[Hitorio] - {Preparing to dick Newgrounds} EwaGo

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
RawGreen

RawGreen

PostSubject: Re: [Hitorio] - {Preparing to dick Newgrounds}   [Hitorio] - {Preparing to dick Newgrounds} I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 3:17 pm

I made a post but I don't see it here so I'm going to quickly try to re-wright what I posted before.

Alright, your hip area is elongated too much, While you are going for a wide waist it's too big in over all proportions for the body.

You're going to want your female characters to show a little more curvature in their lining if you want them to be portrayed as a female. Too much curvature can be bad as it starts to move away from anatomy and into symbolism. Static, Rigid and/or straight lines will help you portray something to be a bit more masculine. But on any female figure you don't want to over do it.

Just make sure your pelvis area isn't out-sizing the body, sketch something up again and... we'll have another look.

Alright?
Back to top Go down
Hitorio
Staff
Hitorio

PostSubject: Re: [Hitorio] - {Preparing to dick Newgrounds}   [Hitorio] - {Preparing to dick Newgrounds} I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 1:29 pm

So that pelvis size (and the ribcage smallness that I didn't hear much about) got knowledge-fixed, along with some other size-related knowledge gains - but what I'm posting is a curious, height-related experiment that turned to semi-lulz for me.

[Hitorio] - {Preparing to dick Newgrounds} H1IEp

Yo Kishi - I'm in yo basements, filling yo office with mannequins and shit.
Back to top Go down
Jettzin

Jettzin

PostSubject: Re: [Hitorio] - {Preparing to dick Newgrounds}   [Hitorio] - {Preparing to dick Newgrounds} I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 8:08 pm

Are they supposed to all be the same height?
Back to top Go down
Hitorio
Staff
Hitorio

PostSubject: Re: [Hitorio] - {Preparing to dick Newgrounds}   [Hitorio] - {Preparing to dick Newgrounds} I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 9:44 pm

Nope. Just fitting with the peeps in their immediate surroundings.
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

PostSubject: Re: [Hitorio] - {Preparing to dick Newgrounds}   [Hitorio] - {Preparing to dick Newgrounds} I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 3:23 pm

@Hito
"So that pelvis size (and the ribcage smallness that I didn't hear much about) got knowledge-fixed, along with some other size-related knowledge gains"

So, can you show us?

Please accept my apologies for leaving this thread un-feedback'd. Thankfully, reap4u reminded me.

Anyway, I know you're stressing that you are purposely distorting the torso length and whatnot, but it is a very subtle stylization that would be hard to notice in serious anatomy studies.

So at least for the sake of showing that you know - because no matter who you are, it's really not enough to just tell us you know - why don't you do some realistic demonstrations? I wouldn't be surprised if you weren't completely in control of the stylization. I don't mean it as to look down on your knowledge with anatomy/proportions, it's just a common thing to see. In fact, I'll say this with confidence:

Nobody on this forum has any of the fundamentals completely down pat. And we can have them down pat. We just don't right now.
Back to top Go down
Hitorio
Staff
Hitorio

PostSubject: Re: [Hitorio] - {Preparing to dick Newgrounds}   [Hitorio] - {Preparing to dick Newgrounds} I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 9:49 am

I went digging into my mediafire account and found a bunch of old .swfs from the Fluidanims/Early Psuda days - aka 2009 to early 2010.

http://www.fileize.com/view/300c5f9e-d19/

^That anim was my RHG submission against Sly. Started November of '09, stopped working on it, and finished/rushed-to-the-end in early 2010 sometime.
It's pretty evident that, at the time, I was barely able to compete with Sly at the time when it came to animation (and that's what made this interesting.) It's like Frieza Saga Goku looking back at himself when he fought Vegeta on Earth. That weak shit.
Speaking of weak shit, I knew that my growth over the past two-to-three years has been exponential, but I didn't realize exactly how much until I saw some of my past art... which lacked just about every skill an animator could want. I couldn't keep consistent physics. I couldn't time properly (I had a very mentally-limited, inflexible, not-try-thoroughly style of animating). I hadn't even begun to learn anatomy. I had no idea how light worked and couldn't make a competent shade-job or painting (I remember showing Edyrem my first attempt at painting and he was internally disgusted). My lines were scribbly guesswork.
...but - I had some taste and some creativity...though those were limited as well. Choreography suffered.
I was a very late learner to the art of finesse, technique, science and math in art. But that just meant that there was that much more room for an explosion.

...more 2010 flashback: this time with in an MSN chat with De8.
[Hitorio] - {Preparing to dick Newgrounds} FtjYt
[Hitorio] - {Preparing to dick Newgrounds} Gc7by
Looking back, it seems that I was just focused on training and the future - without regard to the past. I still have no idea how I finally got the hang of light physics and painting shit.
[Hitorio] - {Preparing to dick Newgrounds} K1OYD
This was done in the final week or so of 2010 leading into 2011 (ah, 2011 - that Naruto vs Sasuke OVA). First painting I've ever finished...and I still didn't know that pressure sensitivity was something desired in Photoshop. I always turned that shit off because I was off-put by the size inconsistency when I first got my tablet in 2007. Gei. I learned to use it sometime later that year; things got much easier.

====
Got sidetracked in an MSN convo; lost train of thought
====

All righty, Edyrem. I'll post some shizz of that nature sometime.
Quote :
because no matter who you are, it's really not enough to just tell us you know
Don't get me wrong, though - I didn't say such a thing, primarily, to inform other people. This is a log of mine (and I should be using it as such - posting all types-sa shit) in which I wish to leave notes for myself. I'll up the frequency of such things.

==========

EDIT:

https://i.imgur.com/lvn35.png
^This image marks the completion of a task that I've had on the wait list for a long time now.
Saturday school. I met this guy. Showed him some art. He liked. He asked if I could draw a tattoo of a specific design - also inquiring the price I charged (he owns a home studio and is used to economic exchange). I do it for free: I hadn't done any calculation, study, and reasoning at that point in time for anything as professional as a price, and I felt like I'd tackle it for the sake of the client relationship...and the experience of working for someone. I work with him during Saturday school (after we rape our assignments) and we decide on a design. This was in May of 2012.
To put this next part very concisely, the next four months was a test of discipline and the will required to complete something. I had been on an off without the feeling that I'd ever finish - but I would never be a scumbag and bail on this pic. So - there was no sudden burst of will that allowed me to finish, but the gradual mental strengthening that allowed me to be like "Let's do this shit."
...for the first time in four or so years, I finished something for someone and they were pleased. Mission accomplished. I almost forgot what it felt like. Next... I re-realize the feeling of animation.
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

PostSubject: Re: [Hitorio] - {Preparing to dick Newgrounds}   [Hitorio] - {Preparing to dick Newgrounds} I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 8:24 am

lol looks like you didn't know how to screenshot either

Fun seeing that ol' animation of yours again. Looks more noob than last time I saw it haha
I can see amateurism in the dialogue and choreography that I'm willing to bet has highly improved up till this point.

Now we await things you can do in 2012 :3
Back to top Go down
Hitorio
Staff
Hitorio

PostSubject: Re: [Hitorio] - {Preparing to dick Newgrounds}   [Hitorio] - {Preparing to dick Newgrounds} I_icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 1:01 pm

Edyrem wrote:
lol looks like you didn't know how to screenshot either
It was a screenshot of a video. I used my phone to record me drawing that.

===

This is an Art Scroll - a compilation of sketches. Some old - some new. I typed some of my thoughts directly on the image itself. I also recommend opening the image on its own in a new tab. Viewing them directly on the forum causes something of a loss in quality.
Sketch Dump:

We'll see if this scroll serves as inspiration to make more stuff. So far, it doesn't seem like it - since there is really no impact from my POV. I don't feel like I dropped a heavy load here - because I was present when I built that load... and this is actually a quite homely load. But it's a good prototype. *FistClench* Okay. With that thought in mind, the inspiration is there.
I don't feel propelled to become artistically active because of it. That implies that it fuels me while acting as my propulsion - that it gets me going. Instead, it lights the path towards the future. That future is what drives me forward - because I look forward to reaching it.
Back to top Go down
Hitorio
Staff
Hitorio

PostSubject: Re: [Hitorio] - {Preparing to dick Newgrounds}   [Hitorio] - {Preparing to dick Newgrounds} I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2014 7:30 pm

http://rioshu.deviantart.com/
Greeting, my Art Log thread. I made a few small updates to my DA page. As for the big stuff, I'm working on it - as my sig suggests.

When it comes to working on projects, I'm sensing none of the weaknesses here that drove me to drop my last projects. The improvement in productivity and creative strategy from my projects years ago can be felt. Hell yeah.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Hitorio] - {Preparing to dick Newgrounds}   [Hitorio] - {Preparing to dick Newgrounds} I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[Hitorio] - {Preparing to dick Newgrounds}
Page 1 of 1