Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sketch

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
tocksique

tocksique

Sketch - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sketch   Sketch - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2013 2:17 pm

Tom wrote:
What Hitorio said about Psuda changing in that way is very important, don't hesitate to post stuff here because you think there's some sort of quality control it has to pass in order to be allowed to post.
If you make stuff and want to show it off, by all means, do so!

the commercial concept sounds nice, did you plan it and make a storyboard/ animatic for it before you started animating? or did you jump straight ito the animation process?
I uhh..have a bad habit of not inbetweening ANYTHING and keyframes :/ But, i'm trying to fix that issue lately.
Back to top Go down
Tom
Staff
Tom

Sketch - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sketch   Sketch - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2013 2:26 pm

That's actually not quite what I meant.

For projects like these, it's a good idea to create some sort of schedule, some sort of logic behind the entire process.
starting off with an animatic or storyboard gives you the opportunity to plan ahead and make sure it all works.
if somehow, your animation halfway along the line seems to be missing something, or even worse, at the end, that what you animated doesn't seem to work, then you have to redo part or all of it.

an animatic/ storyboard makes sure that that doesn't happen. because you check before animating if the story is solid enough.

I've made the mistake of jumping straight into animation myself, and can tell you from experience that it sucks :P
Back to top Go down
tocksique

tocksique

Sketch - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sketch   Sketch - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2013 4:18 pm

Tom wrote:
That's actually not quite what I meant.

For projects like these, it's a good idea to create some sort of schedule, some sort of logic behind the entire process.
starting off with an animatic or storyboard gives you the opportunity to plan ahead and make sure it all works.
if somehow, your animation halfway along the line seems to be missing something, or even worse, at the end, that what you animated doesn't seem to work, then you have to redo part or all of it.

an animatic/ storyboard makes sure that that doesn't happen. because you check before animating if the story is solid enough.

I've made the mistake of jumping straight into animation myself, and can tell you from experience that it sucks :P
Ahhh! No storyboard here! Just straight ahead animating :/ But I will make sure to start doing that for any future animations :) Also, roughing and inbetweening. I just started roughing recently, but my bear animation had no roughs whatsoever. All straight ahead animating no key frames/poses or inbetweens
Back to top Go down
tocksique

tocksique

Sketch - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sketch   Sketch - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2013 1:02 am

Commercial animation update.
Commercial 2
This is a little update on the commercial i'm doing. (Ps: don't mind the mom's hands, i'm gonna fix that later) But other than that, tell me what you think :)
Back to top Go down
Tom
Staff
Tom

Sketch - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sketch   Sketch - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2013 5:49 am

the concept is pretty nice :)

Keep in mind that the sleeveless dress that she wears means that her shoulders are entirely visible.
This means that, knowing shoulders are round, your line of the shoulder should be round too.

when she gets the backpack in that spin, I see her shoulder as a straight line.

this is just a minor detail ofcourse and I dont know how anatomically correct you want to make this animation.

do you already have the entire sequence planned out? what will happen from start to finish?

Or are you just animating until you think 'this is it.' ?
Back to top Go down
tocksique

tocksique

Sketch - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sketch   Sketch - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2013 9:08 pm

Tom wrote:
the concept is pretty nice :)

Keep in mind that the sleeveless dress that she wears means that her shoulders are entirely visible.
This means that, knowing shoulders are round, your line of the shoulder should be round too.

when she gets the backpack in that spin, I see her shoulder as a straight line.

this is just a minor detail ofcourse and I dont know how anatomically correct you want to make this animation.

do you already have the entire sequence planned out? what will happen from start to finish?

Or are you just animating until you think 'this is it.' ?
I see what you mean, i'll fix that right away. Also, the whole thing's planned out already. I have the storyboard set as a guide.
ANOTHER ANIMATION! This was just a short animation for my school project. We had to have a party and my group decided to call ours "The Productive Party" Reason, you ask? Cuz it sounds smart -.- Anyways, tell me what you think!
Productive Party animation
Back to top Go down
Hitorio
Staff
Hitorio

Sketch - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sketch   Sketch - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2013 10:52 am

^From the way you set up that beginning shot - with those sound effects, I was totally expecting a stick figure to walk in. Since the dude looks like a stick figure with detail, I wasn't far off. Ziiiiiiiiiiiiiing. But, with this stick-styled anim, you got me all hyped up - remembering the old days.
Were you around for Xiao Xiao? The pre-Terkoiz, vintage stick days? Ahh, you're making me wanna go browse the oldies of NG. *hops around excitedly*
====
Also, can you link us to some of your past stick animations? I wanna see what kinda shit you were on - what things you created - before going on the fullbody route.
Back to top Go down
tocksique

tocksique

Sketch - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sketch   Sketch - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2013 2:47 pm

Hitorio wrote:
^From the way you set up that beginning shot - with those sound effects, I was totally expecting a stick figure to walk in. Since the dude looks like a stick figure with detail, I wasn't far off. Ziiiiiiiiiiiiiing. But, with this stick-styled anim, you got me all hyped up - remembering the old days.
Were you around for Xiao Xiao? The pre-Terkoiz, vintage stick days? Ahh, you're making me wanna go browse the oldies of NG. *hops around excitedly*
====
Also, can you link us to some of your past stick animations? I wanna see what kinda shit you were on - what things you created - before going on the fullbody route.
Yeah, I was around for all of that. In fact, that's what got me into animation. It's just that recently, I've been into full body because I actually wanted a career in it. Before, animation was a hobby. Now, i'm actually taking courses to fulfill my dream to go to the college Sheridan. And also, here's my Youtube channel : Youtube link You can see EVERYTHING I did from stick figures to full body
Back to top Go down
Tom
Staff
Tom

Sketch - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sketch   Sketch - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 9:34 am

its good t have an ambition like this and taking courses to reach it.
what courses are you taking?
Back to top Go down
tocksique

tocksique

Sketch - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sketch   Sketch - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 3:55 pm

Tom wrote:
its good t have an ambition like this and taking courses to reach it.
what courses are you taking?
I took visual arts, media arts, and computer science :/ I don't really know if these would help me much, but I think they probably will
Back to top Go down
Tom
Staff
Tom

Sketch - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sketch   Sketch - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 4:15 pm

If you want to get into sheridan, and you have time to spare, start doing a LOOOOOT of life drawing, take classes for that and just doodle everwhere you can. bring a sketchbook with you wherever you are, spend time in parks, just drawing people that pass by.

things like that should improve your capability of ' capturing the essence of a pose' as they say.
Back to top Go down
tocksique

tocksique

Sketch - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sketch   Sketch - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 7:09 pm

Tom wrote:
If you want to get into sheridan, and you have time to spare, start doing a LOOOOOT of life drawing, take classes for that and just doodle everwhere you can. bring a sketchbook with you wherever you are, spend time in parks, just drawing people that pass by.

things like that should improve your capability of ' capturing the essence of a pose' as they say.
Thanks man! You know, my sister's a graphic designer and she told me to do that too. She said just keep sketching and always bring my sketchbook.
Back to top Go down
Tom
Staff
Tom

Sketch - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sketch   Sketch - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 2:20 pm

That's solid advice. I think your focus should be on drawing rather than animation as that is your weak point if you want to get accepted into sheridan :) can you post some of the sketches you've done in the past few weeks?
Back to top Go down
tocksique

tocksique

Sketch - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sketch   Sketch - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 11:09 pm

HEY GUYS! Sorry for the long wait but uhh, I'll post my sketches tomorrow for yah but for now, I'm currently working on a Game Grumps Fanimated and I wanted to put a lot of effort into it. Here's a little preview of a scene i'm doing.
http://www.fileize.com/view/b22130a3-910/
It's just some roughs for now, but I wanted to show you guys before the finished product so I could fix some things before I finish it :)
Back to top Go down
Tom
Staff
Tom

Sketch - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sketch   Sketch - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 7:57 am

I'll be waiting on the sketches :)

So tell me, what's the idea of posting this short anim? would you like us to critique it?
Back to top Go down
tocksique

tocksique

Sketch - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sketch   Sketch - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 2:37 pm

Tom wrote:
I'll be waiting on the sketches :)

So tell me, what's the idea of posting this short anim? would you like us to critique it?
This is just to show you guys my improvements I guess :/ But there's always room for improvement so, please tell me what needs to be fixed(Besides the fact that it's too short)
Back to top Go down
Tom
Staff
Tom

Sketch - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sketch   Sketch - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 4:49 pm

I'd say that it's too short to critique, so I suggest showing us more and then we'd be able to actually give you some pointers.
Back to top Go down
tocksique

tocksique

Sketch - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sketch   Sketch - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2013 2:59 pm

I figured it was too short. I added a little bit more
http://www.filz.us/D1C
I just want critique for the movements and stuff
Back to top Go down
Tom
Staff
Tom

Sketch - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sketch   Sketch - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2013 3:08 pm

im not entirely sure why the character is grabbing his outfit?
also, I think frustration isn't what comes to mind with how well eased all the movements are, it seems a bit too.. "soft" compared to the anger in the voice?
Back to top Go down
tocksique

tocksique

Sketch - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sketch   Sketch - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2013 3:18 pm

Tom wrote:
im not entirely sure why the character is grabbing his outfit?
also, I think frustration isn't what comes to mind with how well eased all the movements are, it seems a bit too.. "soft" compared to the anger in the voice?
Well, him pulling the shirt was to show the name tag with the name "Pocky" lol. But I see what you mean by the soft movements. I'll fix try to fix that to make it match his voice better
Back to top Go down
tocksique

tocksique

Sketch - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sketch   Sketch - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2014 10:40 pm

Hey guys I'M BACKK! :D It's been too long! I COMPLETELY forgot about this site and I have some stuff I'd like you to see.
I'm currently working on a Shingeki no Kyojin animation (Attack on Titan). I started it a while back and still in progress. Here's a little preview

http://sta.sh/02e6lxvjqfg8

Another thing I just started working on. I don't really know how it'll turn out but I started it and i'm loving it so far.

http://sta.sh/01qzwc9r4k4z

Also, here are just some sketches I did a month ago. Just to show my sketches improved I guess, I don't know :/

http://tocksique.deviantart.com/art/Mikasa-Ackerman-435172528?q=gallery%3Atocksique%2F31502046&qo=2

http://tocksique.deviantart.com/art/Annie-Leonhardt-435173180

Alright! That's it for now, but I've been doing a LOT of full body recently. I've stopped with stick animation for a while now and I just love animating full body. I'll keep posting updates with both of these animations. Stay tuned for now! :)
Back to top Go down
Yais

Yais

Sketch - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sketch   Sketch - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2014 11:53 am

Good stuff, tock.

If I could give you a tip, it's to draw the human body with boxes and cylinders and keep the perspective correct. That's the first step you should take to getting better at fullbody. Right now your figures are loosely created and are kinda wherever you want them to go. If you try to follow more 3D perspective, you'll limit yourself more but also end up making stronger art.

Make sure you still do art for fun while you're at it.
Back to top Go down
tocksique

tocksique

Sketch - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sketch   Sketch - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2014 6:44 pm

Yais wrote:
Good stuff, tock.

If I could give you a tip, it's to draw the human body with boxes and cylinders and keep the perspective correct. That's the first step you should take to getting better at fullbody. Right now your figures are loosely created and are kinda wherever you want them to go. If you try to follow more 3D perspective, you'll limit yourself more but also end up making stronger art.

Draw using boxes and cylinders huh? Can you give me an example so I can see?
Back to top Go down
tocksique

tocksique

Sketch - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sketch   Sketch - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2014 6:44 pm

Yais wrote:
Good stuff, tock.

Draw using boxes and cylinders huh? Can you give me an example so I can see?
Back to top Go down
Yais

Yais

Sketch - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sketch   Sketch - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2014 7:57 pm

I'm sorry, I meant to respond to this over a week ago but I had computer crashes then forgot all about it.

Here, just follow the list of tutorials here, it'll help you a long way. Take yoru time practicing each lesson.

http://www.proko.com/library/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Sketch - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sketch   Sketch - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sketch
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Artistry :: Art Log-
Jump to: