Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

It's 2017: How's life?

Go down 
+2
ebz
Yais
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Yais

Yais

It's 2017: How's life?  Empty
PostSubject: It's 2017: How's life?    It's 2017: How's life?  I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 16, 2017 4:51 am

Hey. This is Edyrem. It's been some years.

I know most of you have almost completely stopped checking this site. The soonest checks will most likely happen in a year from now, and it'll be so fleeting when they check. That's okay, though, I just think it's kind of cool that over these years some people still actually took the time to remember and load this website up. Isn't it surprising the darkbb server is still fine? Knock on wood, though.

I came here because I've lost touch with all of you. I miss you guys. I'm just here to say hi. And that I see you lurking. Hi. :)

I'm also curious to know what everyone's up to nowadays... where are your lives at now? I went to college in 2015, graduated with a diploma in 2017 in aircraft maintenance. I'm now working as an avionics technician. I haven't done much drawing, boys. Sorry to say. I still love the art, though, and still fantasize about making animations. Weird, huh? You can't get away from what you're passionate about. But I find that I'm happy with the trade I've taken up. It's fulfilling. I still live in Nova Scotia, Canada. Oh yeah, I got a cintiq 13hd, though. It's nice. I bought it off some old guy who wanted to try digital painting and then got fed up.

So, I'm sure by the time most of you ever check and see this post, I'll have forgotten about Psuda for another while. But please, do write me (and everyone else who'll check) back. I'd really like that.

Anyway, I hope everyone's been well. Like I said, I'm just saying hi. And if you don't write back, I hope you enjoyed your stop. Take care.

P.S.- Expecting creativename to see this first. No idea why you of all people are posting but power to you, man.
Back to top Go down
ebz

ebz

PostSubject: Re: It's 2017: How's life?    It's 2017: How's life?  I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 19, 2017 7:23 am

Bitch, wuddup I'm first and it's been like a day. I'm supposed to be on my final semester of school but I think I'm going to stop going fulltime so I can just finish my reels and get a job. Hopefully I'll get a job before july and drop out. here's my website and the reel I'm working on ericbuval.wixsite.com/animator . Not sure what happened to my sweet birb avatar but I put it back. I also just saw the last bits of work I showed here and figured I should link my deviantart. It has my many new figure drawings from my life drawing classes a couple years back. They're not very good for animation but I've gotten some technique down after having the chance to draw from reference and life. https://ebsketch.deviantart.com/gallery/?catpath=scraps
Back to top Go down
http://ericbuval.wixsite.com/animator
Yais

Yais

PostSubject: Re: It's 2017: How's life?    It's 2017: How's life?  I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 19, 2017 5:25 pm

Holy shit, you've been drawing a lot, ebz. You're gonna drop out right before graduating? What, is the degree too expensive and not useful enough?
Back to top Go down
Haitam

Haitam

PostSubject: Re: It's 2017: How's life?    It's 2017: How's life?  I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 21, 2017 3:37 pm

Hey yall, it’s been a long ass time yeah.

I decided to lurk around here, while I’m procrastinating learning for my mid-terms. Have not picked up animation in a long time, I still draw/paint occasionally when I find the time. I’ve also been making a small online animation tool on the side( https://animove.me ), which is the closest i’ve been to really animating. Pretty much spend most of my time nowadays on finishing up my A.I. master's. Very time consuming, but I quite enjoy it as well.

Hope everyone’s is doing well!
Back to top Go down
Yais

Yais

PostSubject: Re: It's 2017: How's life?    It's 2017: How's life?  I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 27, 2017 12:27 am

Holy fuck Haitam. I'm not surprised, you were quite a determined person in the past, and that's what it takes to get a Master's degree. I didn't even know artificial intelligence is a subject for a master's... that is cool as hell. Registered to your site. I'll definitely check in on it in the future :)
Back to top Go down
PLasmaghost

PLasmaghost

PostSubject: Re: It's 2017: How's life?    It's 2017: How's life?  I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2018 2:45 pm

Huh... pretty interesting coming back to this time capsule of a site. Guess pretty much everyone is gone save for the occasional nostalgic passerby.

Back to top Go down
HotaruArc

PostSubject: Re: It's 2017: How's life?    It's 2017: How's life?  I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2020 5:55 pm

Pour one out for psuda.
Back to top Go down
Hitorio
Staff
Hitorio

PostSubject: Re: It's 2017: How's life?    It's 2017: How's life?  I_icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2021 1:27 am

HotaruArc wrote:
Pour one out for psuda.

I read this when you first posted it, Mr. Wan, but now I've decided to revisit this post and express a touch-upon-the-subject-a-tad type of thought on the concept of "RIP Psuda."

"Psuda" isn't dead by a long shot. It's in a chrysallis.
Recall every single thing Psuda was designed to do and recall everything it discovered it wanted to do during its lifespan.
I've found a way to accomplish 100% and far beyond of everything Psuda was attempting to do and with a potency it never imagined it could do.

...yet the methods for this potency equal such thorough and fundamental correction on a level at which [early 2010s Psuda] was deeply foundationally crippled,
that the solutions lay outside of this site and outside of our psychological approaches to art that we sculpted on this site.

This forum was made of wood. Its next iteration will be titanium - and it might not come in the shape of a forum. It might, though. :P
...and by the way, since I've never stopped embodying what Psuda stood for, [my existence] alone - [my actions in the directions of my passions] alone - equal the perpetuation and evolution of the energy we once envisioned under the name of "Psuda."

We came upon a great depth of questions about how to live our dreams with joy - years ago. I've been spending those years becoming one of the people with answers who is capable of embodying the complete extent of that vision.
Back to top Go down
Yais

Yais

PostSubject: Re: It's 2017: How's life?    It's 2017: How's life?  I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 20, 2023 3:02 am

Well, I wish you the best with it. I’ll keep checking in once every few years.
Also, if anybody wants to get in touch with me, feel free to message on discord @Edyrem.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It's 2017: How's life?    It's 2017: How's life?  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

It's 2017: How's life?
Page 1 of 1