Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Failed Roundhouse

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Jettzin

Jettzin

Failed Roundhouse Empty
PostSubject: Failed Roundhouse   Failed Roundhouse I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 5:14 pm

http://www.truploader.com/view/003864
ok its kind of a rip off of de8's drop kick though its different in attack and sketch
inspired by De8
also since you guys say i need to ease more i added some double framing and one extra frame :P
Back to top Go down

Failed Roundhouse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Failed Roundhouse   Failed Roundhouse I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 8:56 pm

i dont say ease more i say more inbetweens XD but like i said alot easeing isnt everyting ;D
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

Failed Roundhouse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Failed Roundhouse   Failed Roundhouse I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 9:19 pm

If you're not sure about the motion of something, there's probably a realistic example on the internet that you can look at.

Unless you're doing something like a seahorse humping a rock I'm pretty sure you can find reference videos for just about everything.

Hell, even for a seahorse humping a rock, you can watch vids of a seahorse and guess the realistic look of it.
Back to top Go down

Failed Roundhouse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Failed Roundhouse   Failed Roundhouse I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 9:23 pm

:[ edyrem gose for realism
i go for coolism
if you animate a cartoon wouldnt that mean your not to fond of reality concidering your not watching law and order or something but a cartoon (my messed up opinion)
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

Failed Roundhouse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Failed Roundhouse   Failed Roundhouse I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 9:34 pm

I understand what you mean. If it's a cartoon why should I copy reality, right?

But there are basic characteristics that I draw the line on. If I'm going to animate a seal or a dog, I'm going to know learn how they move. Just cause it's a cartoon, in my opinion, doesn't mean I should make the dog move like a seal. Unless it's for comedy, it simply won't make sense and you won't be pushing yourself to be your best.

I mean, naruto is a manga, not reality, right? But you'd probably find it looks a lot better drawn than other really anime-ish mangas.
It's because masashi put more effort in making the drawings as realistic as possible while keeping his manga feel than other artists.

That's why you'd feel the anatomy in naruto is more 'correct' than in other mangas, that's why it's easier on the eyes, and that's why it's better overall, in my opinion.

When you mimic the details of reality instead of cartoons, you're stepping up from copying a person's imitation of reality to making the best possible art you could have made.
Back to top Go down

Failed Roundhouse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Failed Roundhouse   Failed Roundhouse I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 9:38 pm

Yea, you make excellent point except my line of realism is a bit closer to cartoons that yours i suppose, but you make me what to lean toward realism more .
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

Failed Roundhouse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Failed Roundhouse   Failed Roundhouse I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 9:56 pm

Influence ftw. :)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Failed Roundhouse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Failed Roundhouse   Failed Roundhouse I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Failed Roundhouse
Page 1 of 1