Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Getting rid of the rust

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Tom
Staff
Tom

Getting rid of the rust Empty
PostSubject: Getting rid of the rust   Getting rid of the rust I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 27, 2010 7:00 pm

So I have something to admit..

I haven't been animating for a few months now or so..
going through a rough period.

To jump-start my Psudan self again, I visited an open house day of an animation college here in The Netherlands.
It worked wonders, as I'm excited to get back into animation and evolve!

here's a little something i whipped up to get rid of some rust.. don't expect too much though!

http://www.truploader.com/view/610747

Tadaa..
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

PostSubject: Re: Getting rid of the rust   Getting rid of the rust I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 27, 2010 8:19 pm

Yay! Nice to see you animate again.

Here are my musings on this animation.

I'd like to point out first off that the key poses are basically correct, and there's nothing 'wrong' besides what I explain in the picture below.

Only thing it really... lacks, is style. It looks plain and lifeless; maybe it's the way the head is positioned and not bouncing in its own rhythm instead of precisely following the body (you make slants in the head as you draw the first inbs).
Maybe it's the timing, most of all. I don't see a pick up of pace or a slow-down at any point.

On the other hand, the above ideas are all fine for now, because they're things you repeat and practice on.

BUT... there's no excuse for this one :evil:

Getting rid of the rust 585692untitled
Back to top Go down
Tom
Staff
Tom

PostSubject: Re: Getting rid of the rust   Getting rid of the rust I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 28, 2010 6:56 am

true story.

i'll make sure not to make this stupid mistake in the future.Keep in mind though, this wasnt a seriously proper animation attempt.
more of a way to get rid of the rust ;)
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

PostSubject: Re: Getting rid of the rust   Getting rid of the rust I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 28, 2010 7:05 am

yeah bro I can sympathize. You're just animating SOMETHING and shifting your mind into animating gear.

I highly suggest you find one sing to listen to while animating, and only listen to that song while animating, and only animating when you listen to that song; YOU FEEL ME?

See this ?

I instantly think of Psuda and Easytoon whenever I hear this.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Getting rid of the rust   Getting rid of the rust I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Getting rid of the rust
Page 1 of 1