Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fullbody un-rust

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
killerkb

killerkb

Fullbody un-rust Empty
PostSubject: Fullbody un-rust   Fullbody un-rust I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 10:13 pm

So yeah, its been a hell of a long time since I've posted anything on here.
Haven't animated in months, but yesterday was different. Yesterday, I felt like doing some work.
I've always been a 'stick' kind of guy, but I've always had a preference to animate 'fullbody'. (not that I ever did, cause it's so god damn hard)
However, yesterday, I took a shot at it and here are the results.

Punch Test #1
Fight Test #1

I would love to get back into animating. It is a shame I've let it go to waste, to begin with.
Any tips, tricks, advice or constructive criticism would be much appreciated.
And yes, I know my 'anatomy' is terribly 'off'. Something I'll have to work on.
Back to top Go down
http://www.kevinbors.com
Flax

Fullbody un-rust Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fullbody un-rust   Fullbody un-rust I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 4:16 am

Those were alright Kkb (i can call you kkb right?) I liked your fx can tell you were a stick animator or maybe still are a stick animator anyway, all i think you have to work on is anatomy and concentrate on keeping those movements clear and realistic, I'm sure you'll get some good c'n'c from the other members here good luck with getting yourself back into animation.
And if you wouldn't mind posting an old fb animation just so we can see how good you used to be and how much rust you have, and the best ways we can help you out.
Back to top Go down
Hitorio
Staff
Hitorio

Fullbody un-rust Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fullbody un-rust   Fullbody un-rust I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 8:43 am

...you look as if you have some good ideas, but your actual kinetics are suffering, seemingly because you're focusing on line art quality. Try to ease and schitt, just like with sticks.
You already know the anatomy deal, so I'll letcha off to train somewhere in the jungle.

^ focusing more on the movement itself and strengthening anatomic skizzils are the paths to a short-term level up. Show us yo moooves, witcha two-post-havin' ass.
Back to top Go down
killerkb

killerkb

Fullbody un-rust Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fullbody un-rust   Fullbody un-rust I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 4:03 pm

Thanks, both of you.
Yes, it's fine to call me 'kkb', 'kb', Kevin, Killer, etc etc. Whatever floats your boat.
I know my anatomy is bad. Strange though, cause I've got plenty 'how to draw manga' and 'how to draw the human body' books laying around. I guess I'm to stubborn to learn. I've always wanted to 'do things on my own'.
Practice makes perfect, I hope.

I see how 'easing' and 'force' would be the same to animate, when using sticks. Something I'll have to look into for sure. Though side to side stick fights aren't my favorite things to animate. I love cinematic's, crazy angles, stuff like that.

As for my 'rust', its not just that I'm rusty at 'fullbody', I'm rusty at animating in general. Sticks as well. Before this, I've only made like 4 or 5 'fullbody' attempts. The rest is all stick fights.
It feels as if I have to start at page 1 again. No biggie' though; I think I'll get my 'flow' back, sooner or later.

The moves will be shown'.
Thanks again.
Back to top Go down
http://www.kevinbors.com
Creativename

Creativename

Fullbody un-rust Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fullbody un-rust   Fullbody un-rust I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 6:16 pm

For future punches, try to make things springy an explosive, with as little easing as you can get away with. That way the audience might see more of an illusion of an impact, instead of individual frames.

I really strongly recommend that you try strait-ahead animating more. Also, try making a character-movement-cycle that loops really well (like with a character running or jumping or climbing and having them do that infinitely).

If it feels comfortable, try lowering your framerate.
Back to top Go down
Hulalaoo

Hulalaoo

Fullbody un-rust Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fullbody un-rust   Fullbody un-rust I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 8:20 pm

the first step, is learn to do the sketch, ekeleton of the body, then, is like aniamted stickes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Fullbody un-rust Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fullbody un-rust   Fullbody un-rust I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fullbody un-rust
Page 1 of 1