Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Colored pencils, Booyah!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Tom
Staff
Tom

Colored pencils, Booyah! Empty
PostSubject: Colored pencils, Booyah!   Colored pencils, Booyah! I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 5:13 pm

I hope you like it! comment and criticize all you like :)

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Beware, they're quite big pics, zoom out to see them better.
No scanned stuff so far, so colors are off, because of lighting problems.
Back to top Go down
Hitorio
Staff
Hitorio

PostSubject: Re: Colored pencils, Booyah!   Colored pencils, Booyah! I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 5:44 pm

It's quite fuched up that, when I downloaded the file, I viewed it sideways the entire time. I believed the horizon land to be a viny tree while the water and clouds were a waterfall.
Speaking of the waterfall, dismissing both blue areas of this pic as water means that not enough time was put into adding characteristics into the water and sky that would distinguish the two. When I look closely, I can see that you added waves and a cloud-like form in the sky, but since I did not effectively distinguish them until I viewed the pic turned right-side up, I'd say that it's not enough....unless you wanted that ambiguity to be there!

...you walk around your house barefoot, eh? You must not be afraid of land mines.
Back to top Go down
Tom
Staff
Tom

PostSubject: Re: Colored pencils, Booyah!   Colored pencils, Booyah! I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 3:23 am

Lol at the frst part.

Second part though you speak about the lack of detail n the water.

I have looked at reference material for this drawing and in those pics I saw little waves/ ripples only at the start of the water and not so much on the open water part.
That's why I decided to leave it out. it might get too crowded that way as well.

I wanted to go for a serene, quiet look, not a very busy one.

Land mines don't hurt me, as I'm so awesome I float. therefore, no contact is made with those silly poof-go-ers.
Back to top Go down
Haitam

Haitam

PostSubject: Re: Colored pencils, Booyah!   Colored pencils, Booyah! I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 12:05 pm

I like how you highlighted that tree.
It looks empty in my opinion though,there is not much to see, maybe add more foreground for a shadow of that tree?

You could also draw the background a little blurry since it's so far away and maybe add more detail the closer the object is ,for example those flowers at the bottom right corner.
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

PostSubject: Re: Colored pencils, Booyah!   Colored pencils, Booyah! I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 3:49 pm

I like how you colored the grass. and the lightened shade of the tree where it's at the grass wasn't too bad IMO.

I must credit you for the sky and water shading. You did the ripples really nicely near the shore.
And you did a good job blending the color of the sky. Nice consistency for manual coloring :P

The clouds were rather simple, but they were faded well.
Back to top Go down
Tom
Staff
Tom

PostSubject: Re: Colored pencils, Booyah!   Colored pencils, Booyah! I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 5:53 am

The lighting of this drawing came from the back, so there's not much detail left if the tree itself was already dark to begin with.
The flowers on the bushes at the bottom lack detail because those "dots" are only half a mm in size so i had to choose between increasing their size to unnatural proportions or leave them like this, without detail. :)

any suggestions/ tips for a next drawing of a room?
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

PostSubject: Re: Colored pencils, Booyah!   Colored pencils, Booyah! I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 1:00 pm

NO EXCUSES TOM!!!
YOU GET 1 BLACK STAR ON THE FOREHEAD!

*ahem*

go to googlemaps for landscape inspiration ;) you have the whole world to see. Think of any country and jump into street view :P

In fact, let me help you and give you a suggestion right off the bat: go to Prince Edward Island, and explore the province. Whenever you find a picture perfect angle, keep that position, and screenshot it if you want, then draw it. :)
Anyway, since you have a cintiq, why don't you photoshop it? You literally have the tools to make:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Tom
Staff
Tom

PostSubject: Re: Colored pencils, Booyah!   Colored pencils, Booyah! I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 1:15 pm

I dont want to use my cintiq for everything, showing my hopefully college-to-be, that I can work with different materials will put me in a good position, it shows that I', open to try new things.

Remember, this is all for my portfolio ;-).

I will use your idea to draw something nice though. I just have one issue, which I will elaborate if you get your ass online!
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

PostSubject: Re: Colored pencils, Booyah!   Colored pencils, Booyah! I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 2:26 pm

I see :)
You'd still wanna get a broad grip on Cintiq, instead of focusing on everything at once.
Back to top Go down
Tom
Staff
Tom

PostSubject: Re: Colored pencils, Booyah!   Colored pencils, Booyah! I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 2:27 pm

Yeah I draw a lot with my cintiq, for my portfolio, mainly for prep work, so i can just quickly experiment with different colors, different compositions and ideas.. its easy like that :)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Colored pencils, Booyah!   Colored pencils, Booyah! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Colored pencils, Booyah!
Page 1 of 1