Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Could this be THE tablet PC?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Edyrem

Edyrem

Could this be THE tablet PC? Empty
PostSubject: Could this be THE tablet PC?   Could this be THE tablet PC? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 3:19 am

Fujitsu Stylistic Q550 has a touch screen and good quality tablet functionality. It's not in stores until this May.

Could this be THE tablet PC? Fujitsu-Stylistic-Q550-Windows-7-Tablet

It's a slate pc (that means its just the screen) that has loads of plugs on it, battery life (8 hours), and a strong screen illumination (reduces sun glare) for insane portability.

It also has a fingerprint sensor, GPS, and all that other cool stuff a portable PC should have. Specs appear to not mention anything about RAM, but it comes with Windows 7 so it can't be too bad. It also has 32/64 GB of SDD storage.

Discuss your opinions on it - why you think it's the best choice, or why you think other choices are better.
Personally I haven't looked at everything yet, so it'd be cool to see what you guys know.

Do you think it would be wise to purchase that before a desktop + Cintiq combo?
Back to top Go down
Tom
Staff
Tom

PostSubject: Re: Could this be THE tablet PC?   Could this be THE tablet PC? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 6:48 am

I'd rather buy a tablet laptop than something like this. simply for the fact that you only have touchscreens with a tablet pc, which I hate.
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

PostSubject: Re: Could this be THE tablet PC?   Could this be THE tablet PC? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 9:49 am

Dude, what's wrong with a slate? Seems like you could just connect a keyboard+mouse to it and prop it up like a proper monitor and consider yourself set up for regular desktop use. Could even use a wireless mouse/keyboard that connects to the pc through bluetooth.

The crappy thing is that unlike some older slate PCs, this one doesn't have that extra keyboard chunk that you can attach to the slate PC and treat it like a notebook PC.

But damn, why would you find that to be a problem when you can take advantage of the portability!? It's like the iPad we always wanted.

Also, it's been clearly mentioned that this slate PC has a stylus pen.
Back to top Go down
Tom
Staff
Tom

PostSubject: Re: Could this be THE tablet PC?   Could this be THE tablet PC? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 10:44 am

Because having extra separate accessories like a mouse and keyboard isn't as portable as simply having it integrated.
I think there's simply more you can do with a tablet laptop than a slate.
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

PostSubject: Re: Could this be THE tablet PC?   Could this be THE tablet PC? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2011 7:31 am

But that's the point of the slate - it's MORE portable. No need for folding, it's like an iPad but it has everything a computer has.

The thing is, you wont normally need a keyboard and mouse pad other than when it's easy to attach the keybaord. When you're on the go and stuff, you could simply write on the slate with the stylus, or use an onscreen keyboard like the iPhone.

what kind of stuff could you do with a notebook that you can't do with a slate like the one above?
Back to top Go down
Tom
Staff
Tom

PostSubject: Re: Could this be THE tablet PC?   Could this be THE tablet PC? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2011 8:13 am

using text editors decently.
slates are for short usages, short moments when you need a computer like device.
laptop/ netbooks are easier to use when it comes to writing a lot.
if you combine that with a flippable screen, like the one from dell, you have double win.
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

PostSubject: Re: Could this be THE tablet PC?   Could this be THE tablet PC? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 5:40 pm

I'm gonna have to disagree on that.
The PC I was talking about in OP is said to have every function of a computer besides a physical keyboard, which you can simply have a wireless keyboard for if you want to do anything that actually requires you to sit. It has great specs and other than the fact that the keyboard is not attached to the screen, it's just as good if not better than a convertible PC.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Could this be THE tablet PC?   Could this be THE tablet PC? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Could this be THE tablet PC?
Page 1 of 1