Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Anim

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
0lelouch0

0lelouch0

New Anim Empty
PostSubject: New Anim   New Anim I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 3:01 am

Kauza started animating again and ever since i found a way to watch soul eater frame by frame I wanted to animate too >.>.
Here's a staff anim I done.
http://www.truploader.com/view/201490

Here's one without the grey sketch.
http://www.truploader.com/view/559581

30 FPS.

Last edited by 0lelouch0 on Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:32 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Updated anim.)
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

New Anim Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Anim   New Anim I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 10:39 am

C: I like.

Did you elaborate on the hand movements from imagination or did you actually look at someone doing staff movements slowly?

I think you should've lead up the the turn of the camera angle by making it more noticeable that the staff was going to change the degree of its spin. It's like suddenly the staff just switched, like the camera. I don't know if staff movements actually happen that way since I haven't looked, but you should analyze that for yourself.
Back to top Go down
0lelouch0

0lelouch0

New Anim Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Anim   New Anim I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 8:22 pm

I basically made it up. I did look at some soul eater, the way Maka spins her staff.
And the camera doesn't pan. He just sorta turns >.>.
I was doing a rough sketch really quickly and it just sorta turned out that way :P
Back to top Go down
Hitorio
Staff
Hitorio

New Anim Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Anim   New Anim I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 4:22 pm

0lelouch0 wrote:
I basically made it up. I did look at some soul eater, the way Maka spins her staff.
And the camera doesn't pan. He just sorta turns >.>.

...yeah, looks like I interpreted it correctly. He turned. I've been on a roll lately. Ukukukuku. I love how you two got inspired to do staffs. Fuck yes. Yutaka Nakamura beasted with the scythes in Soul Eater; they're what turned me on to staffs and twirls in the first place.
Also see: (skip to 1:19)

...I see that you didn't implement any motion blurrzzors onto the staff. Is that the style you want? Schitt looks noice.
...BUT-!
That clean version over the rough version does not look noice. Gotta keep consistent or the motions'll be messed up in the future.
Back to top Go down
0lelouch0

0lelouch0

New Anim Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Anim   New Anim I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 8:30 pm

Thanks for the comments.
I've actually removed the sketch and I'm gonna be continuing the staff study using different angles.
And yea, I didn't put on any motion blur because he was just showing off. I usually leave that for large swing attacks.

The first fight scene in Soul Eater with Maka and Soul against this Keshin beast was the main reason I decided to do a staff anim. Man that fight is epic, too short tho >.<.
Back to top Go down
Hitorio
Staff
Hitorio

New Anim Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Anim   New Anim I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 9:31 pm

0lelouch0 wrote:

The first fight scene in Soul Eater with Maka and Soul against this Keshin beast was the main reason I decided to do a staff anim. Man that fight is epic, too short tho >.<.

...same. :D
I first saw it in a Yutaka Nakamura MAD and shit my pants.
Back to top Go down
0lelouch0

0lelouch0

New Anim Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Anim   New Anim I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 10:17 pm

Hitorio wrote:

...same. :D
I first saw it in a Yutaka Nakamura MAD and shit my pants.

Lol, too bad the fight scenes die a bit after that, they get lazy >.<.
I'm gonna try get better at my manga drawing skills and try do a more detailed staff anim. I have yet to make a detailed long FB anim XD.
Back to top Go down
Hitorio
Staff
Hitorio

New Anim Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Anim   New Anim I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 10:32 pm

It's not that they get lazy, it's just that seeing Yutaka Nakamura first...makes the others look not up to par. I saw some other fights by the other animators that don't really measure up as much. :P

...here's another goodie by him in Soul Eater. The reason I watched SE in the first place was because of Nakamura. The other fights don't measure. The second best animator at Bones seems to be Masahiro Sato; his scenes are pretty good, though. Ukukukuku....
Back to top Go down
0lelouch0

0lelouch0

New Anim Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Anim   New Anim I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 11:07 pm

AHHHH . . . I remember that ep. Yeah, its pretty sweet XD.
Sorta makes me think of that terkoiz vs tarantula stick anim, if it was FB >.>.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New Anim Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Anim   New Anim I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Anim
Page 1 of 1