Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Testing

Go down 
+2
Touma
Jettzin
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Jettzin

Jettzin

Testing Empty
PostSubject: Testing   Testing I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 9:55 am

http://www.swfcabin.com/open/1339424837
some lil stuff in preparation for something else
backflip kinda off.
http://www.swfcabin.com/open/1340045689
Not as fearsome as i would like. I am getting better at timing though lol. More movement tests soon.

Last edited by Jettzin on Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Touma

Touma

Testing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Testing   Testing I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 2:18 am

I think everything should be longer so we can actually Comment on this thing.
It just seems too short to actually give you some tips on this.
Back to top Go down
Jettzin

Jettzin

Testing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Testing   Testing I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 9:26 am

i'll make something longer don't worry
post by this week too
Back to top Go down
Hitorio
Staff
Hitorio

Testing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Testing   Testing I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 11:28 am

I wrote a paragraph. Fell asleep. Woke up. Did other browsing. Firefox crashed. Lost message after the third crash.
...so - again, the fact that you're doing complete movements (that we can actually critique to some degree) is a great improvement over your previous four-framed stuffs.
...What you need, though, is physics comprehension. You're 15 and this is summer; I don't imagine you having taken a physics class. Lemme say that they're helpful in understanding physics fundamentals. Y'know, how forces interact with one another - how to decide how objects should move. Your swing animation and that flip animation have weak grasps on physics. It's as if you don't see motion, but are drawing a series of unrelated poses.

...in that flip animation, what's off is the center of gravity, which you don't seem to be aware of.
Every object has a balanced center - a pivot point - that gravity directly attracts.
Center of Mass:
Looking at your backflip, your center of mass teleports downward mid-flip, thus causing the inconsistency. That circle you draw to represent the pelvis? Pay attention to it.

...Also, another reason why the flip looks unnatural is because he seems to float up and spin for no reason. This is another matter of physics. Backflips involving throwing your weight - hurling your body into a spinning force. You're basically twirling yourself - using your body - quite hard. It involves a strong jump (abdominal expansion, shoulders and arms rise, legs fully extend), a tucking in of your knees in order to send more force into the backwards spin and to bring your weight towards your center so that it can spin more smoothly (abdomen contracts hard, shoulders are brought in, legs are brought in), and the landing is variable. Your version works for reckless motherfuckers. :P

====

Anatomy and Physics - strong as fuck skills to have flowing through your veins. Notice how people exponentially grow when they learn such things.
Back to top Go down
Steeze

Steeze

Testing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Testing   Testing I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 9:42 pm

...adding on to what Hitorio said.

Spoiler:

Watching examples such as this one really help when observing these physics of how gravity pulls down an object's pivot point after being hurled into an airborne spin. By imagining a red dot at the example's pelvis you can notice these physics much easier I think. But as Hito said, understanding the laws and math behind it all will make you advance much further and faster.
Back to top Go down
http://steez10.deviantart.com
Edyrem

Edyrem

Testing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Testing   Testing I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2012 2:25 am

I'm mirin the responses.

Jettzin, brah we need to see more of you. Where are yo drawings? Son you too sexy to stay in the dark.

I gotta echo what Hito said, though. Needa stop dat dere going pose to pose and pay attention to the physics happening in between.
Back to top Go down
Jettzin

Jettzin

Testing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Testing   Testing I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 2:26 pm

http://www.swfcabin.com/open/1340045689
Well i'll take pictures of my art since my scanner be broken lol.
also RAWR. It's more like a shrug "what". The timing needs some work but i am getting better at this thing. More movement stuff utilizing whole body things later i guess. Ramble, ramble.
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

Testing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Testing   Testing I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 4:37 pm

Yeah, looks like you ought to practice your timing.

Try looking at videos of people's body language and carefully measure how long it takes them to make each movement, and imagine how many frames that would be if you animated it. Good way to understand timing better.

You should also look at animations you like and do the same.
Back to top Go down
Jettzin

Jettzin

Testing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Testing   Testing I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 6:02 pm

Well to that i say:
i got my lil stop watch and timed myself jumping whilst looking like an idiot
got those seconds and cross multiplied that by the fps. I used that as a guide of how long to take in each movement. I started, but it wasnt looking as good as the movement in my mind. So i made a short ball test of how i want the movement to work. The test moved exactly how i wanted the dude to move. So using that as well i continued the animation and edited some things. Now i'm stuck. I don't know how the legs should transition without making it weird:
Testing Exampl10
The last position may not look like that but it's just an example
ball guide: http://www.swfcabin.com/open/1340141531
Actual test: http://www.swfcabin.com/open/1340145542
Dont mind the illegible math at the beginning*
Back to top Go down
Hitorio
Staff
Hitorio

Testing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Testing   Testing I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 8:23 am

That landing position you had mapped out at the end is impossible. He'll fall on his ass.
...His ass, the center of mass, will continue to fall because the legs are too far to the right of the center - won't stop that center from falling.

Nice concept, though - that is, planning the motions/force control before animatin'.
Back to top Go down
Tom
Staff
Tom

Testing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Testing   Testing I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 8:48 am

as hitorio mentioned, there's no way he can make that flip like this, he's gonna fall on his ass.
you gave him way too much backwards momentum from a standing start.
if anything, he might be able to pull it off going only up and down, but the anim needs changing in order to make that happen.
Back to top Go down
Jettzin

Jettzin

Testing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Testing   Testing I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 2:56 pm

Okay
i think i might know how to change it.. i'll get to it :D
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Testing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Testing   Testing I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down