Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sketch

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
tocksique

tocksique

Sketch Empty
PostSubject: Sketch   Sketch I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 2:06 pm

I just did a sketch for now, but I'll update this thread when I finish
http://www.fileize.com/view/266919de-875/
I haven't done full body in so long, so not too harsh critique plox :P
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

Sketch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sketch   Sketch I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 7:33 am

Two words.
Figure Drawing.
And holy shit nigger those lines are seizure mode.

But I will give you a +rep to take away the pain.
Back to top Go down
Hitorio
Staff
Hitorio

Sketch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sketch   Sketch I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 8:17 pm

What Edyrem means when he says that your lines are "seizure-mode" is that they're quite sketchy in the not-good sense. The not-good sense of sketchiness in your animations/pics is when you throw down lines without a sense of understanding, hoping to come across the right one. That leads to messiness in the animation, and a significantly harder time in cleaning it.

...the key to learning to stop being so sketchy is to understand what you're drawing. Let's take your arm for example. The lines should fit around your knowledgable understanding of a human arm, but what you're doing instead is throwing down lines while being ignorant of the details arm. This leads you to guess what's there, which isn't accurate. That's how you're getting a sketchy, flat arm.

...How to understand what you're drawing so that lineart comes hella easier?
-Learn the human anatomy: muscles, then skeleton are the strongest help guides for you.
-Learn to draw and imagine concepts in 3D.
Back to top Go down
tocksique

tocksique

Sketch Empty
PostSubject: FB test number....four...i think..   Sketch I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2012 9:38 am

http://tocksique.deviantart.com/#/d5apcih
FB test number.....4....? Idk, :I
But yeh, It's a sketch....for now......THAT'S RIGHT! Unfinished!
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

Sketch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sketch   Sketch I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2012 4:26 pm

don't
fuarkin
make
multiple
threads
brah

That being said, I can't tell if the ball is really heavy or really lirght, cause it bounces off his head like it had no impact on him, yet it falls to the ground super fast. The entire ball sequence had mixed up physics and you should apply attention to the physics of stuff more.
Back to top Go down
Hitorio
Staff
Hitorio

Sketch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sketch   Sketch I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 5:00 pm

Heeeeey, that recent one is quite not-as-sketchy. Could it be that the advice posted here was followed??!
Spoiler:

...yes...there is quite the issue with advice scantily being followed. This requires psychological digging and the posting of the examples of the benefits of training to influence the targets of said advice.
Back to top Go down
tocksique

tocksique

Sketch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sketch   Sketch I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 4:13 pm

Hitorio wrote:
Heeeeey, that recent one is quite not-as-sketchy. Could it be that the advice posted here was followed??!
Spoiler:

...yes...there is quite the issue with advice scantily being followed. This requires psychological digging and the posting of the examples of the benefits of training to influence the targets of said advice.
Yes, i followed advice :D It's helped me a lot, and I WOULD post them here, but i'm not done
Back to top Go down
Tom
Staff
Tom

Sketch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sketch   Sketch I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 2:42 pm

It's been a few days, enlighten us with an update bro!
Back to top Go down

Sketch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sketch   Sketch I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2012 4:53 pm

Very cool, the effect in the animation itself was underrated. Pop ya collar my nigga
Back to top Go down
tocksique

tocksique

Sketch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sketch   Sketch I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 8:29 pm

Hey guys sorry i haven't posted in a while, but i've been practicing anatomy and stuff
I made this cartoony like thing. I was inspired and enjoyed making it because i didn't have to focus on the anatomy and proper structure and whatnot because it's cartoon! Anyways, here
http://www.fileize.com/view/7f5c46de-8a0/
I'll be posting the anatomy tests and animations soon because i'm not done with those(i animate slow)
Back to top Go down
Hitorio
Staff
Hitorio

Sketch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sketch   Sketch I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 7:04 pm

What the fuck did I just watch?
===
Fookin' with you - I see you be on that chin-less Ed Edd and Eddy shiz.
That hair is goofy enough to interest me into O.o-ing at it.
Back to top Go down
tocksique

tocksique

Sketch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sketch   Sketch I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 7:26 am

yeah X) just wanted to fool around with cartoon like thing. I'm working on this other test though, i'm posting it in a few days
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

Sketch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sketch   Sketch I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 8:13 am

Yo man when you gonna lift them weights? (figure drawing brah)
Back to top Go down
tocksique

tocksique

Sketch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sketch   Sketch I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 4:08 pm

I'M ALIVE! Sorry for my long inactivity. I've been practicing my drawings. I wanted to improve my drawings before actually getting into animating non-stick things(I said "non-stick" things because I know you guys don't like seeing the word "Full body". Anyway, here they are!
Sketches nd stufffff:
Well! That's it for now! I shall finish sketching my human body anatomy stuff and I'll post them here as well.

Last edited by tocksique on Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:22 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Hitorio
Staff
Hitorio

Sketch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sketch   Sketch I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 6:32 pm

A small order of fanart and anatomy training on the way, eh? FedEx that shit, mayne.
====
Tell me more about this "One Piece." It's a show you used to watch, eh?
Back to top Go down
tocksique

tocksique

Sketch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sketch   Sketch I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 7:16 pm

Hitorio wrote:
A small order of fanart and anatomy training on the way, eh? FedEx that shit, mayne.
====
Tell me more about this "One Piece." It's a show you used to watch, eh?
Yeah eh? Lmao, I used to watch it back then. I don't know why, but I stopped :/ It was a cool show though. Anyways, that was my failed attempt to draw Luffy because I rushed it :P
EDIT: FedEx is delayed by a week. They crashed while shipping
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

Sketch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sketch   Sketch I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2013 6:00 am

Hey Tock good to see ya.

If you wanna get good for animating then I seriously recommend you practice drawing basic 3D things because you're still very much a beginner.

Other than 3D imagination, you also need a sense for movement and expression. So practice gesture drawing if you want to be good at animating.

PM me for links to ebooks (perspective, gesture drawing) on these. Last time I linked illegal shit out in the open it got busted lol.

Otherwise search these topics.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
tocksique

tocksique

Sketch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sketch   Sketch I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2013 2:12 pm

Edyrem wrote:
Hey Tock good to see ya.

If you wanna get good for animating then I seriously recommend you practice drawing basic 3D things because you're still very much a beginner.

Other than 3D imagination, you also need a sense for movement and expression. So practice gesture drawing if you want to be good at animating.

PM me for links to ebooks (perspective, gesture drawing) on these. Last time I linked illegal shit out in the open it got busted lol.

Otherwise search these topics.

Spoiler:
3D huh? Hmmmm....I might take you up on that. Maybe I should after I post my anatomy stuff that way you guys can give me criticism on them before I get onto that stuff. :) Other than that, I HAVE been doing some gesturing :D I practice my gesturing along with my anatomy. It's like killing two birds with one stone....that ricochets everywhere......
Back to top Go down
Tom
Staff
Tom

Sketch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sketch   Sketch I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2013 3:56 pm

Edyrem, it's not about getting caught spreading illegal stuff, it's just that we shouldn't promote it as Psuda that makes you not want to post illegal stuff.

We have an example to set.
It's the internet, if they want to get something illegally, they will, but we shouldn't encourage them as the leading team of Psuda.
Back to top Go down
tocksique

tocksique

Sketch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sketch   Sketch I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2013 7:08 pm

Back! I made this bear animation test for straight ahead animating. This test was just to see how I would do without roughs, inbetweens, and keyframes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xb825ckaTjM&list=UUbDfCEtwVx7o1hAakVVxeeA&index=1
It's just a test so yeah :P Btw, my anatomy tests are nearly done. They're a list of anatomy test animations for practice
Back to top Go down
Hitorio
Staff
Hitorio

Sketch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sketch   Sketch I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2013 10:22 pm

More importantly than the fucking bear test, you do Game Grumps animations. I request the highest of fives.

Back to the fucking bear test.
That technique you use (the one that hella stick animators use) to slightly warp your character to the right or left shortly before it springs into action - do you want your animation to have that? You want it to keep that bouncy, zippy feel? Or do you wanna go full-organic with this shit and actually draw its joints bending?

..and yeah, that dude should kill himself for that shitty-ass aim. I saw the bullet hit nowhere near the bear. The bear was like "I'm glad this guy sucks so much dick," before disappearing into the motherfucking woods.
Back to top Go down
tocksique

tocksique

Sketch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sketch   Sketch I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 5:01 pm

Hitorio wrote:
More importantly than the fucking bear test, you do Game Grumps animations. I request the highest of fives.

Back to the fucking bear test.
That technique you use (the one that hella stick animators use) to slightly warp your character to the right or left shortly before it springs into action - do you want your animation to have that? You want it to keep that bouncy, zippy feel? Or do you wanna go full-organic with this shit and actually draw its joints bending?

..and yeah, that dude should kill himself for that shitty-ass aim. I saw the bullet hit nowhere near the bear. The bear was like "I'm glad this guy sucks so much dick," before disappearing into the motherfucking woods.
That anticipation before the jump was laziness honestly :/ Also, I didn't want to show the bullet, it was just supposed to be a sound from afar that the bear reacted to. And yesss I make Game Grumps Animations :D I just didn't want to show it here because I was afraid of harsh criticism since it wasn't really that good :)
Also, this is a commercial I'm currently working on :) Enjoy
Commercial
This commercial has been in slow progress lately due to school, but this commercial is suppose to show a kid slowly transitioning to an adult that has successfully graduated from school and becomes a doctor. He then ends up in a lab finding a cure for cancer and the camera zooms out of an eye of a poor helpless child, looking through the window of a broken school. After that, the text pops up saying "What if the cure for cancer was trapped in the mind of someone who can't afford education?" Then, he walks away. This commercial is suppose to show awareness for sick kids and/or poor helpless children around the world. This is not my idea by the way, it's my sister's commercial but she wanted me to make it with her and share some ideas about it too.

Last edited by tocksique on Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:35 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Hitorio
Staff
Hitorio

Sketch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sketch   Sketch I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 5:32 pm

tocksique wrote:
And yesss I make Game Grumps Animations :D I just didn't want to show it here because I was afraid of harsh criticism since it wasn't really that good :)
This quote represents one of the strongest points of Psuda's failure in the past. Back then, we were pretty much - as a whole - zombie-like, technical critique machines that didn't know how to focus on the heart of the art. Instead, our community seemed dry because it discouraged sharing of all kinds of artwork from our members - cause, I mean: What's the point? Nothing's gonna happen with your quickly-drawn sketch except critique that isn't the most helpful way to respond to it. So you lose interest.

Now, we are aware of this - and now we can approach artists differently. You post a shitty animation that happens to have a nice concept behind it, and your art will/should be looked upon as a whole, composite piece of art, not just for "anatomy, easing, gg"

But, tocksique, do know that we might not know where the heart of your art is if you don't tell us. This is why I request that you write descriptions of sorts whenever you post some art - let us know what you focused on, neglected, what went through your mind - hey, even critique yourself if you see fit. Since this forum's about artistic interaction, the info that you feed us is 50% of the experience.

In the future, don't be afraid to post that Game Grumps shiz. We are in the process of becoming a more seasoned community.
Back to top Go down
tocksique

tocksique

Sketch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sketch   Sketch I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 7:29 pm

Hitorio wrote:
tocksique wrote:
And yesss I make Game Grumps Animations :D I just didn't want to show it here because I was afraid of harsh criticism since it wasn't really that good :)
This quote represents one of the strongest points of Psuda's failure in the past. Back then, we were pretty much - as a whole - zombie-like, technical critique machines that didn't know how to focus on the heart of the art. Instead, our community seemed dry because it discouraged sharing of all kinds of artwork from our members - cause, I mean: What's the point? Nothing's gonna happen with your quickly-drawn sketch except critique that isn't the most helpful way to respond to it. So you lose interest.

Now, we are aware of this - and now we can approach artists differently. You post a shitty animation that happens to have a nice concept behind it, and your art will/should be looked upon as a whole, composite piece of art, not just for "anatomy, easing, gg"

But, tocksique, do know that we might not know where the heart of your art is if you don't tell us. This is why I request that you write descriptions of sorts whenever you post some art - let us know what you focused on, neglected, what went through your mind - hey, even critique yourself if you see fit. Since this forum's about artistic interaction, the info that you feed us is 50% of the experience.

In the future, don't be afraid to post that Game Grumps shiz. We are in the process of becoming a more seasoned community.
Oh thanks man! :D This makes me more confident about my work. To be honest, I wasn't worried about how the animation was, just on how it was drawn, but since you mentioned that my art will be seen as any type of art-no proper style whatsoever, it makes me more comfortable to show more of my art, any of which :D
So, I guess I should post my Game Grumps here for the hell of it :)
3 weeks old
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mo64pi8kTng
Back to top Go down
Tom
Staff
Tom

Sketch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sketch   Sketch I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2013 3:28 am

What Hitorio said about Psuda changing in that way is very important, don't hesitate to post stuff here because you think there's some sort of quality control it has to pass in order to be allowed to post.
If you make stuff and want to show it off, by all means, do so!

the commercial concept sounds nice, did you plan it and make a storyboard/ animatic for it before you started animating? or did you jump straight ito the animation process?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Sketch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sketch   Sketch I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sketch
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next