Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

[Quickie] Air Gear-Inspired

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Hitorio
Staff
Hitorio

[Quickie] Air Gear-Inspired Empty
PostSubject: [Quickie] Air Gear-Inspired   [Quickie] Air Gear-Inspired I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 12:31 pm

http://www.truploader.com/view/019837

Hitorio, my MSN avatar, Air-Gear skating.

A little quickie made while I was, uh.. *cough* supposed to be getting ready to go out for errands. I read three Air Gear chapters and decided to whip this one up. The purpose of this anim is to inspire Edyrem to read Air Gear. >.>

Gotta go; will edit shitty post upon return.
==

Edits:
Right, so this took me two hours. During the second hour I felt that rushing feeling that is akin to being mere minutes before a deadline with an entire scene left to clean. Unfortunately I didn't exactly have the luxury of tweaking the V-cam to maximum awesomeness as I was kind of holding off [female parental unit] with one eye on the doorway. Seeing as how I randomly thought of this shot and quickly transplanted it onto Flash, it came out exactly as I imagined with the expection of the smoke and the cam. The smoke was originally supposed to be a badass spark effect, but... improvisation. V-Cam? I wanted to give it a home-movie handheld-camera look, but owell. I'll spend more time on it next time. Sorry about the smoke only going upwards, Rem. I envisioned a sort of evil upward drift of death, kind of like the breath of a demon with his mouth slightly ajar.

This adds life to my Goggles and headphones-wearing MSN avatar! *pumps fist*

...Air Gear is awesome. 8D

...So is V-Cam.

Last edited by Hitorio on Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:12 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

PostSubject: Re: [Quickie] Air Gear-Inspired   [Quickie] Air Gear-Inspired I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 1:34 pm

Ah, what a treat :D finally a piece of animation from you once again. Feels like forever since last time :rage: !!!

I liked the sensation you put across with the uber skidding boost. Really suggests the awesomeness of the hi-tech skates that guy is wearing.

To critique it, the camera movement felt un-eased (thus, distracting), and the smoke should have disappeared in many different directions, even if the body of it is floating upwards.

But for what it's worth, it's a good quickie, and I'm glad to see more from you. It was nice seeing you do a background test. You definitely are inspiring me to try one of those, if not air gear. xD

Ahem...
"will edit shitty post upon return."
Do you quietly edit people's posts? No. inb4 you respond by editing my post lol...
Nigga, you just-!

Last edited by Edyrem on Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Hitorio
Staff
Hitorio

PostSubject: Re: [Quickie] Air Gear-Inspired   [Quickie] Air Gear-Inspired I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 2:07 pm

Edited. ...my Nigga of the Sands.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [Quickie] Air Gear-Inspired   [Quickie] Air Gear-Inspired I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 2:11 pm

too short D:
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

PostSubject: Re: [Quickie] Air Gear-Inspired   [Quickie] Air Gear-Inspired I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 2:14 pm

Jesus, you put a nice poetic twist on it.

The wisp dissipating like an ominous ghost, I feel you.
Yeah I totally can sympathize with the jagged quality of the camera and smoke since what you described to me about the second hour of your animating simulated the exact same thing I felt animating my 1 hour one.

Speed animating is hard work. It's inglorious and embarrassing, but it gets the fuzz on us peaches.

/e: lol de8 posted before I did...
Nice comment, fagget. He said it's a 2 hour animation. How long do you expect something like that to be when he still gets stressed in that state? I'm not even used to it yet, but it's definitely a good learning curve if Hitorio and I started doing this.
Back to top Go down
Hitorio
Staff
Hitorio

PostSubject: Re: [Quickie] Air Gear-Inspired   [Quickie] Air Gear-Inspired I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 2:24 pm

Tee wai, Eddeh'Rem. As I said before, if it helps, Air Gear has ownage art. I wuv the angles and FX. It is quite ecchi-heavy, though; but since you headbutted Wolfen Crest no problem, this can be handled. (Note how I'm saying it as if ecchi is some sort of evil-aura emanating force)

...lookin' grey and more badarse than ever, De8...what with your new sig and all!
It's a quickie, though! I snuck onto Flash like a fawking ninjar to do this. Don't expect a full length when I have [Quickie] in front of the title. :P

e/ ...yeah, it coincidentially turned out to be a speed anim. Your time limit was set by the clock, mine was based on how long I could keep asking my mom to hold on as I stalled for more time.

2e/ and also, when I did the smoke, I did not think at all. I was empty-headed as fawk when I did the smoke, so the hand went into autopilot. I thought it'd look worse than how it does now.

3e/ By the way, Luffy is on the billboard above the spot where he skidded along the wall.

4e/
Check this out. I love this futuristic skating theme.
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/399107
Back to top Go down
Haitam

Haitam

PostSubject: Re: [Quickie] Air Gear-Inspired   [Quickie] Air Gear-Inspired I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 4:37 pm

I liked it, awesome shit .
the smoke isn't animated well but you already knew that .
I like how he fades away ,that pose ,looks like he has alot of fun lol.(or just wants to slow done his speed)
Back to top Go down
Duo

Duo

PostSubject: Re: [Quickie] Air Gear-Inspired   [Quickie] Air Gear-Inspired I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 6:50 pm

I want to see it with a lower frame rate.
Back to top Go down
Tom
Staff
Tom

PostSubject: Re: [Quickie] Air Gear-Inspired   [Quickie] Air Gear-Inspired I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 7:06 am

then it loses its quality, and you can ofcourse just frame by frame it whenever you want.. I like the current speed, it seems this speed is how its supposed to be.
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

PostSubject: Re: [Quickie] Air Gear-Inspired   [Quickie] Air Gear-Inspired I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 10:37 am

Duo just right click and un-play to pause it. Then right click 'forward' to move 1 frame, or 'backward.'

If you want to have more comfortable control, change the TRUploader view to light box, then instead of clicking the lightbox to open it, right click the actual text saying 'click here to view' and click "save link as" to save the swf.

That sounds really complicated because I described it in such detail, but it's really simple and straightforward.
Back to top Go down
Duo

Duo

PostSubject: Re: [Quickie] Air Gear-Inspired   [Quickie] Air Gear-Inspired I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 3:33 pm

I don't want to see every frame individually. I want to see it at a lower frame rate. Pretty straight forward.
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

PostSubject: Re: [Quickie] Air Gear-Inspired   [Quickie] Air Gear-Inspired I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 3:39 pm

If you want, you could still save the swf, open it in flash and play it at the framerate you want... lol

Would be easier on hitorio :)
Back to top Go down
Hitorio
Staff
Hitorio

PostSubject: Re: [Quickie] Air Gear-Inspired   [Quickie] Air Gear-Inspired I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 6:08 pm

I'd rather not pump it into this thread, Duo; extract it from my TRuploader instead.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Quickie] Air Gear-Inspired   [Quickie] Air Gear-Inspired I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[Quickie] Air Gear-Inspired
Page 1 of 1