Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

a quickie for college

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Tom
Staff
Tom

a quickie for college Empty
PostSubject: a quickie for college   a quickie for college I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 9:47 am

The assignment was to animate a character moving from left to right without using a walk cycle.

I didn't want to spend a whole lot of time on this as I had a busy week.

http://www.truploader.com/view/512811 12 fps v3
http://www.truploader.com/view/337425 24 fps v3
Back to top Go down
Isaac

PostSubject: Re: a quickie for college   a quickie for college I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 1:30 pm

I think maybe the cat's legs should be a little more droopy and free flowing, since it probably wouldn't be making the effort to hold those muscles there, but that would take a good amount of time. I do like the tail propeller and the over all design of the cat.
Back to top Go down
Tom
Staff
Tom

PostSubject: Re: a quickie for college   a quickie for college I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 2:44 pm

Yeah I would've had to make a body movement that equals two rotations of the tail in order to get a decent amount of sway to the legs and head, but I didn't want to spend too much time on it.
Back to top Go down
Jones

Jones

PostSubject: Re: a quickie for college   a quickie for college I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 6:35 pm

Yea, more movement would help make it seem more realistic. Like, making the head and back move too. Kinda like as if it were the tail the was mainly controlling the cat since its flying like that. But you said you didnt wana spend too much time.
Back to top Go down
Tom
Staff
Tom

PostSubject: Re: a quickie for college   a quickie for college I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 12:22 pm

Yeah that's what I meant, basically creating a bigger swaying motion.
But in order to make that happen, I'll have to get the swaying cycle of the body to last as long as at least 2 tail swing cycles.
Back to top Go down
Hitorio
Staff
Hitorio

PostSubject: Re: a quickie for college   a quickie for college I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 6:13 pm

I smiled in comical amusement. :P
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

PostSubject: Re: a quickie for college   a quickie for college I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 12:49 am

The nice thing about this animation is that it doesn't even physically make sense for the cat to fly with its tail from this motion, but it's a believable feeling.

The problem with the tail is that, during its loop, it gains extra length then shortens, and it doesn't seem justifiable as a stylistic choice.

One other thing that got my balls all tied up is the hind leg; dat shape is weird mayn. The front leg looks alright, but the back one really is off lol

how long'd this take you btw?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: a quickie for college   a quickie for college I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

a quickie for college
Page 1 of 1