Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

3rd Fullbody- Kung Fu inspired

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
skiller

3rd Fullbody- Kung Fu inspired Empty
PostSubject: 3rd Fullbody- Kung Fu inspired   3rd Fullbody- Kung Fu inspired I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 6:47 pm

I'm new to fullbody, I'm a stick figure animator (from FA/SP) and I did a little reading on this site and tried to animate fullbody. Please critique it :)
First fullbody animation- http://www.truploader.com/view/795492
-A spinkick in the air

Second fullbody animation- http://www.truploader.com/view/044458
-Jumping off of a building

Newest:

Third fullbody aniamtion- http://www.truploader.com/view/301175
- Inspired by a kung fu fight I saw on youtube. I know the second guy's reactions are pretty bad- the spacing of the first guy restricted the spacing I was allowed for the second guy.

Last edited by skiller on Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:38 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Creativename

Creativename

PostSubject: Re: 3rd Fullbody- Kung Fu inspired   3rd Fullbody- Kung Fu inspired I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 7:09 pm

It's very good. One thing that everyone will agree on is that if you, without changing the arc of the guy's jump, if you make him duck down between when the animation starts and when he becomes airborn, he'll look more springy and his jump will be more convincing. If you were to do this, you may need to widen the screen and start the guy out farther to the left so he can move to the right a bit as he ducks, while on the ground.

Aside from that there's nothing to really complain about. His spine only twists and doesn't bend, so it might be nice if he contracted his abs at some point or whatever. The kick at the end looks quite good and it could have been made differently, so you may want to be a little more experimental with moves that you are confident in.

Last edited by Creativename on Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:11 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : *screen instead of *animation)
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

PostSubject: Re: 3rd Fullbody- Kung Fu inspired   3rd Fullbody- Kung Fu inspired I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 1:41 am

@CN
Word brah, that more bent gesture in mid-air would make the action much more real.

The arm gestures are really natural, btw. Well done.

illustrating the advice:
Back to top Go down
Creativename

Creativename

PostSubject: Re: 3rd Fullbody- Kung Fu inspired   3rd Fullbody- Kung Fu inspired I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 3:39 am

Oh, I just realized, it looks like he is rotating his upper body 180°, but is not rotating his lower body from its starting angle. That's more bad than good.

Actually I don't know why I said there isn't anything to criticize. There's lots and lots of little stuff that you'll hammer out over time. It looks fine and the motion he's preforming is graceful, though.
Back to top Go down
skiller

PostSubject: Re: 3rd Fullbody- Kung Fu inspired   3rd Fullbody- Kung Fu inspired I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 2:19 pm

Thanks for the criticism, guys! I will take it all into consideration. When I get some free time I will post my updated result, and possibly another animation. I'll check in soon :)
Back to top Go down
skiller

PostSubject: Re: 3rd Fullbody- Kung Fu inspired   3rd Fullbody- Kung Fu inspired I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 6:14 pm

UPDATE: Posted my second fullbody: a jump off of a building. Please tell me how you like it! :)

http://www.truploader.com/view/044458
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

PostSubject: Re: 3rd Fullbody- Kung Fu inspired   3rd Fullbody- Kung Fu inspired I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 12:01 pm

He curves out of perspective as he falls farther down. Incorrect path you made him fall in.

You like leaps, don't cha ;)

Ever try animating something that feels as energetic as a leap but is hardly moving out of its place?
Back to top Go down
skiller

PostSubject: Re: 3rd Fullbody- Kung Fu inspired   3rd Fullbody- Kung Fu inspired I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 3:21 pm

Lol no I have not and I know exactly what you mean! Thanks alot once again. New update comign in an hour or so, I found this cool fight scene online and I got a bit inspired to animate a dude trying to knife a guy haha.
Back to top Go down
skiller

PostSubject: Re: 3rd Fullbody- Kung Fu inspired   3rd Fullbody- Kung Fu inspired I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 5:38 pm

Hey guys, I've finished my third fullbody animation. I know the second guy's reactions are bad, but it was due to the spacing of the first guy that messed it up. Nevertheless, I give to you an animation inspried by a kung fu scene I saw on youtube. :p

http://www.truploader.com/view/301175
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

PostSubject: Re: 3rd Fullbody- Kung Fu inspired   3rd Fullbody- Kung Fu inspired I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 4:04 am

He runs really weird (the knife guy); legs extended way back, and he gets more and more deformed.

Also his knife swings have no energy to them; there's no activity in his upper body to react to his arm swinging, and his arm isn't even swinging like he wants to kill anyone. It's like he was trying to slice a fly that was right up in his chest.

Or he has down syndrome, he's holding a plastic spoon, and the guy on the right is an elastic bouncing monkey that is enjoying himself.

trolololol

Keep it up. You'll find yourself figuring this out better with more practice.
Back to top Go down
skiller

PostSubject: Re: 3rd Fullbody- Kung Fu inspired   3rd Fullbody- Kung Fu inspired I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 3:41 pm

uugggh haha thanks for the cc. I see exactly what you mean. and i hope that i will figure this stuff out sooner or later. fullbody animation is so much ahrder than stick figure animation lol.
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

PostSubject: Re: 3rd Fullbody- Kung Fu inspired   3rd Fullbody- Kung Fu inspired I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 4:25 am

It's so much more cool and vast as well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 3rd Fullbody- Kung Fu inspired   3rd Fullbody- Kung Fu inspired I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

3rd Fullbody- Kung Fu inspired
Page 1 of 1