Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

AKPXD's Animations

Go down 
+3
Edyrem
Isaac
AKPXDestroyer
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
AKPXDestroyer

AKPXD's Animations Empty
PostSubject: AKPXD's Animations   AKPXD's Animations I_icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 9:51 pm

Last edited by AKPXDestroyer on Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:13 pm; edited 18 times in total
Back to top Go down
Isaac

AKPXD's Animations Empty
PostSubject: Re: AKPXD's Animations   AKPXD's Animations I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 1:16 pm

It seems a little fast, or maybe that it just stays on the extremes for too long. For not having a tablet it looks good.
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

AKPXD's Animations Empty
PostSubject: Re: AKPXD's Animations   AKPXD's Animations I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 1:22 pm

:) I can't believe I'm about to suggest this but... since you don't have a tablet, you could do what I did, and learn the basics of animation by animating in pivot.
Or something with joints; if you make a jointed character in flash/toonboom that would be neat. Just make a stick man so you can get straight to the motion practice. To start even simpler, draw some squares, lines like platforms balancing on dots, and draw a circle. Drag the circle frame after frame, and make it bounce.

You are starting fresh off the boat, my friend, and it's time you get started on your beginner's practice kit :P
Back to top Go down
AKPXDestroyer

AKPXD's Animations Empty
PostSubject: Re: AKPXD's Animations   AKPXD's Animations I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 2:15 pm

Well, em... I actually start from this first:
Spoiler:
But then I don't just like, make the sketch stuff (like my test that I made after this one). I just drew like that. But thanks for the advice guys. :D
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

AKPXD's Animations Empty
PostSubject: Re: AKPXD's Animations   AKPXD's Animations I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 5:27 pm

Okay, then use a shape with less limbs so you can focus on one little chunk.

Like a tripod or a ball with legs. Learn the basic shit bro.
Easing is the first lesson you need to learn.
|| | | | ||
Keep animating movements with several frames in them so you keep repeating the easing practice.
Back to top Go down
AKPXDestroyer

AKPXD's Animations Empty
PostSubject: Re: AKPXD's Animations   AKPXD's Animations I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 5:30 pm

Learnt easing before. >.>

Edit: But still practicing.
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

AKPXD's Animations Empty
PostSubject: Re: AKPXD's Animations   AKPXD's Animations I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 5:32 pm

Emphasis on the practicing part.
Back to top Go down
Touma

Touma

AKPXD's Animations Empty
PostSubject: Re: AKPXD's Animations   AKPXD's Animations I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 5:38 pm

from what i see here it that it needs more easying did you skeleton go like that aswell or did you animate it without it?(sure looks like that tho)
Back to top Go down
AKPXDestroyer

AKPXD's Animations Empty
PostSubject: Re: AKPXD's Animations   AKPXD's Animations I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 5:54 pm

I animate the skeleton first.
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

AKPXD's Animations Empty
PostSubject: Re: AKPXD's Animations   AKPXD's Animations I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 7:40 pm

Nicely organized list :P

Take my advice bro, polish your easing skills with a simple shape (scroll up to see what shapes I advised) so you can get ahold of the physics in animation.
Back to top Go down
AKPXDestroyer

AKPXD's Animations Empty
PostSubject: Re: AKPXD's Animations   AKPXD's Animations I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 8:48 pm

Well, okay. Sometimes I don't focus the easing stuff. :D
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

AKPXD's Animations Empty
PostSubject: Re: AKPXD's Animations   AKPXD's Animations I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 2:19 pm

I urge you to do some ball bouncing or tripod creature animation!
Shit's bomb for juicing your easing skill up. While you learn easing, you'll quickly find out that you need to learn how to vary the TIMING, and SPACING, to make it seem realistic.

I know, right? There's so much variety that goes into an animation. :D It's not as straightforward as yo might think.
Now animate, my friend. For your animation style is your fingerprint, so make it a cool one.
Back to top Go down
AKPXDestroyer

AKPXD's Animations Empty
PostSubject: Re: AKPXD's Animations   AKPXD's Animations I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 04, 2011 12:41 am

Back to top Go down
Touma

Touma

AKPXD's Animations Empty
PostSubject: Re: AKPXD's Animations   AKPXD's Animations I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 04, 2011 2:04 am

you should put 1 extra frame to that spin kick so it seems that he's actually spin kicking and i would say give it a little bit more spacing in order to get the feeling of that punch
Back to top Go down
AKPXDestroyer

AKPXD's Animations Empty
PostSubject: Re: AKPXD's Animations   AKPXD's Animations I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 04, 2011 3:09 am

It seems I need more practice. Thanks for the CnC though.

Edit; I think I need a new way to animate.
Back to top Go down
Haitam

Haitam

AKPXD's Animations Empty
PostSubject: Re: AKPXD's Animations   AKPXD's Animations I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 04, 2011 5:49 am

You shouldn't clean and color everything yet ,If you want to improve on animating ,focus on animating.You should try animating only a skeleton and try not to be satisfied untill you got the movement exactly the way you wanted.
Don't hesitate to change what you don't like ,after all It's just a rough skeleton.
Back to top Go down
AKPXDestroyer

AKPXD's Animations Empty
PostSubject: Re: AKPXD's Animations   AKPXD's Animations I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 04, 2011 12:58 pm

Yeah, you're right. I shouldn't turn it to a clean body. Thanks for th comment. :)
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

AKPXD's Animations Empty
PostSubject: Re: AKPXD's Animations   AKPXD's Animations I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2011 3:15 am

I like what Haitam said. Yes, do that.
Back to top Go down
AKPXDestroyer

AKPXD's Animations Empty
PostSubject: Re: AKPXD's Animations   AKPXD's Animations I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 6:47 am

-[UPDATE]
-[NEW ANIMATION]
(Just saiyan :3)
Back to top Go down
Isaac

AKPXD's Animations Empty
PostSubject: Re: AKPXD's Animations   AKPXD's Animations I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 3:54 pm

Try to imagine everything in 3d. Even when showing from the side, parts of the body go further and come closer to the screen slightly. Try to think of how the body works and is put together in space when drawing and animating and move it that way, rather than trying to picture what you want.
Back to top Go down
AKPXDestroyer

AKPXD's Animations Empty
PostSubject: Re: AKPXD's Animations   AKPXD's Animations I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 1:59 am

Okay, I made a new one. Yeah, now it's on 24 fps and... too much of double framing. :3
Back to top Go down
Flax

AKPXD's Animations Empty
PostSubject: Re: AKPXD's Animations   AKPXD's Animations I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 5:09 am

i see your trying to work at 30fps, it is quite hard especially with fb cause that means more frames, what i would suggest would be to start with a skeleton layer (kind of like stick) and then go over it with the sketch on a new layer after, while still working at 20 - 24fps just to get the hang of things, i work at 30 - 34fps and it takes a lot longer and tbh i shouldn't because i haven't reached a good enough skill level yet.
And when animating things like force, you should look thing up on youtube or anywhere, just to help you get that realistic movements, or sometimes what i do is get up and act out the movement to try and get it right.
Anatomy is also a big thing, you might be going for a cartoony style but still anatomy can help you get that cartoony style you want, because once you learn a realistic human anatomy you can bend and morph it into your style, still based off of the natural shape.
I hope i helped and didn't sound like i was nagging (lol) good luck in future anims bro, its good to see others improving and getting further in their animations :)
Back to top Go down
AKPXDestroyer

AKPXD's Animations Empty
PostSubject: Re: AKPXD's Animations   AKPXD's Animations I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 5:36 am

Flax wrote:
I hope i helped and didn't sound like i was nagging (lol)...
Hehe, that's not nagging but it's like a critique. And yep, it helps. :D
Flax wrote:
...good luck in future anims bro...
Thanks. :)
Back to top Go down
Mctoast

Mctoast

AKPXD's Animations Empty
PostSubject: Re: AKPXD's Animations   AKPXD's Animations I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 12:38 pm

You should start with lower fps, as many of us have said, but they look really nice.
However, I see alot shakyness on your style. It's not good idea to create something like that without a tablet, also the momentum of limbs are rather stiff, and it looks very very stop and go'ish perse...
Also your anatomy is rather bad, I would suggest you to really study how to make things look, it helps on artistic view too.
But I wish you do well with your fullbody career, and develop a unigue never-seen style.

Oh and it's stickmister321 from youtube, glad to see you here ^^ Just to add this here...
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

AKPXD's Animations Empty
PostSubject: Re: AKPXD's Animations   AKPXD's Animations I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 11, 2011 5:59 am

AKPXD you ought to switch to 24fps for three reasons:
-looks better than 30fps for drawings (for some reason)
-less frames to draw than 30fps
-If you double frame it will look like 12fps, which is also a very nice-looking pace. So 24fps means you can switch between those two excellent frame rates.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

AKPXD's Animations Empty
PostSubject: Re: AKPXD's Animations   AKPXD's Animations I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

AKPXD's Animations
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next