Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

my animations

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

my animations Empty
PostSubject: my animations   my animations I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 26, 2010 7:24 am

these are my stickfigure animations and i think i want to move to fullbody animations...can anyone help me out....here's the link guys....

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/547022

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/548877
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

my animations Empty
PostSubject: Re: my animations   my animations I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 7:57 pm

i cant see newground links sorry.

But if you wanna know what makes a good fullbody animator, it's this.

-Practice drawing
-Practice coloring
-Practice animating
Back to top Go down

my animations Empty
PostSubject: Re: my animations   my animations I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 6:18 am

Edyrem wrote:
i cant see newground links sorry.

But if you wanna know what makes a good fullbody animator, it's this.

-Practice drawing
-Practice coloring
-Practice animating

try these links....

http://www.ffiles.com/flash/animations/stick_fight_eith_special_effects_3209.html

http://kuttiganesh.deviantart.com/art/RHG-demo-180145598?q=boost%3Apopular+in%3Aflash+max_age%3A8h&qo=11
Back to top Go down
Hitorio
Staff
Hitorio

my animations Empty
PostSubject: Re: my animations   my animations I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 2:26 pm

my animations Picture4mf

"Long boring lectures"?

That was the best review I saw on the page. Why do you ask for help, then reject one of the people that tries to offer it? I bet the guy who typed the review feels as if he's wasted his time on you. You may get many reviews of that type later on in your life as an animator.

In the stick animation, "Normal vs Extreme", I didn't really see much active physics. I think I may be able to tell what your fullbodies would look like based from the visuals shown there. You wanna make a transition from stick to fullbody...
Draw in fullbody. Be able to envision and transmit onto paper whatever image of a fullbody you get, from every angle, from many different designs, with many sorts of bodily builds. Dive into anatomy. Once you see how the human body is built, you can replicate it with more accuracy.
...then, you hop into Flash and make 'em move around.
Fullbody is leagues above stick, so you need to get ready to travel down a long path of training. Long. Also remember that it doesn't matter how fast you travel as long as you're always moving forward. Do not get overly frustrated because you don't get something now. The question is not whether or not you will grow in strength...it's when.
Back to top Go down

my animations Empty
PostSubject: Re: my animations   my animations I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 9:45 am

Hitorio wrote:
my animations Picture4mf

"Long boring lectures"?

That was the best review I saw on the page. Why do you ask for help, then reject one of the people that tries to offer it? I bet the guy who typed the review feels as if he's wasted his time on you. You may get many reviews of that type later on in your life as an animator.

In the stick animation, "Normal vs Extreme", I didn't really see much active physics. I think I may be able to tell what your fullbodies would look like based from the visuals shown there. You wanna make a transition from stick to fullbody...
Draw in fullbody. Be able to envision and transmit onto paper whatever image of a fullbody you get, from every angle, from many different designs, with many sorts of bodily builds. Dive into anatomy. Once you see how the human body is built, you can replicate it with more accuracy.
...then, you hop into Flash and make 'em move around.
Fullbody is leagues above stick, so you need to get ready to travel down a long path of training. Long. Also remember that it doesn't matter how fast you travel as long as you're always moving forward. Do not get overly frustrated because you don't get something now. The question is not whether or not you will grow in strength...it's when.
"those are more like half a walk cycle. You can't loop that animation and get a continuous walk cycle. Film yourself walking and then look at the video while making your animation. Start with the joints (hip, knees, heels) to give you natural looking movements. You could also just copy/paste segments of the film and draw right on top of it for practice."

this was the comment given for my first fullbody anim...give me some tips like this...i know that in my anim "stick fight (n vs e)" there was no story no plots no imps to hero....just give some tips to improve thats what i ask....
Back to top Go down
Hitorio
Staff
Hitorio

my animations Empty
PostSubject: Re: my animations   my animations I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 3:57 pm

Post a fullbody anim. :P
Back to top Go down

my animations Empty
PostSubject: first and sec   my animations I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 1:08 am

this was my first

http://www.swfme.com/view/1272092

this was my second

http://www.swfme.com/view/1049062

both runs at 24 fps.... :D :) this is my first attempt....
Back to top Go down
Tom
Staff
Tom

my animations Empty
PostSubject: Re: my animations   my animations I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 1:58 pm

Ganuganu,

Never ever disregard criticism like that.
I read through it and it was helpful.
If you want us to help, you have to realize that sometimes, criticism won't be given the exact way you would like to see it.
This, however, doesn't make it any less useful!

TBH, the FB links you provided us with don't really give me a clear view of your capabilities as a fullbody animator.
1 step, showing only the legs isn't really something that we can give criticism on.
Try to take more time and finish a little something for us to criticize!
Good luck!
Back to top Go down
Hitorio
Staff
Hitorio

my animations Empty
PostSubject: Re: my animations   my animations I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 9:54 am

Tom wrote:

TBH, the FB links you provided us with don't really give me a clear view of your capabilities as a fullbody animator.
1 step, showing only the legs isn't really something that we can give criticism on.
Back to top Go down

my animations Empty
PostSubject: Re: my animations   my animations I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 02, 2010 2:32 am

Hitorio wrote:
Tom wrote:

here's my new updated fullbody anim...a man hitting a rock....cmts. ;D

http://www.swfcabin.com/open/1286005161
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

my animations Empty
PostSubject: Re: my animations   my animations I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 02, 2010 8:19 am

Ganuganu... I must say, I'm appalled at how ruthlessly you disregarded that guy's deep, thoughtful criticism and tips on newgrounds. What's wrong with you dude?

ganuganu wrote:

here's my new updated fullbody anim...a man hitting a rock....cmts. ;D

http://www.swfcabin.com/open/1286005161

It's not much. But it showed a bit of what you don't know how to do yet, and that's a good thing, because that makes it easy for us to give you direction on where to put your energy in.
When someone's lifting such a strong hammer that it can break a hole into a big solid stone, I just imagine that he wouldn't move the hammer as if it weighs the same as a twig.

I bet you tried to make it look heavy too. You feel like something is missing, don't you? You would be correct.
When he brings the hammer down, the head of the hammer should still drag back more before it starts following the guy. And when the impact happens, the hammer should bounce once or twice.

I advise that you draw more because your character is so incredibly simple that you seem too intimidated to even try animating a character that's bigger than your thumb. But you have to start doing that if you want better animations.

Because if you don't make better animations, you won't get better comments. ;P
Back to top Go down

my animations Empty
PostSubject: edyrem   my animations I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 02, 2010 8:50 am

its not my intention to hurt him...i already informed in forum that i was concentrating only on some special effects in this project...before releasing that anim in portal i released it in forum.....after doing all these things commenting,that there is no story,no dialogues such things..what to say to him...and also i informed that i was great fan of naruto so i have used kyubi tail effects....

regarding fullbody,

it looks small because i did that in 800 zoom and using brush..at that zooming level it looked bigger to me....and iam a beginner in fullbody....so i will make it in a pro style by practicing to the core...and i wont give up till i get it... ;P :D
Back to top Go down
Tom
Staff
Tom

my animations Empty
PostSubject: Re: my animations   my animations I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 02, 2010 8:55 am

if you want to work on that scale and later decide that you want things to look bigger, simply click the "edit multiple frames" button.
-> select all frames
-> scale according to your wanted size.
-> Done

Also, it doesn't matter if the stuff that guy on Newgrounds said had been said before. He states it in a clear, easy to understand way.
If you think his comment states only things that have been said before and you don't think you need to use it. why take the time to respond in such a way?
Simply ignore it and choose not to comment on it.
It makes you look a lot less of a douche -_-
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

my animations Empty
PostSubject: Re: my animations   my animations I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 03, 2010 1:32 am

Tom wrote:
if you want to work on that scale and later decide that you want things to look bigger, simply click the "edit multiple frames" button.
-> select all frames
-> Done
[...]

I wish I knew this before! :rage:
Back to top Go down
Haitam

Haitam

my animations Empty
PostSubject: Re: my animations   my animations I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 03, 2010 8:49 am

Tom wrote:
-> select all frames
-> Done
that is very useful ! I have always edited multiple frames , - Frame by frame ... ._.
Back to top Go down

my animations Empty
PostSubject: Re: my animations   my animations I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 03, 2010 9:15 am

update:a man hits the wall, sorry i didnt concentrate much on particles because i need to get the fullbody punch....cmts...link ;D

http://www.swfcabin.com/open/1286114909
Back to top Go down
Tom
Staff
Tom

my animations Empty
PostSubject: Re: my animations   my animations I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 03, 2010 4:25 pm

your character's anatomy isnt really that great yet, but keep that up, be honest to yourself when you test your animations, look for flaws, don't take the easy way out and be like

" oh well, the overall animation looks okay so those random ugly drawn frames don't matter that much "

now for some more technical advice:

easing: use it.
The arm that's at the back at the end basically moves at the exact same speed as his punching arm.
Why? there's no need for any force in that arm. Also, it stops all of a sudden, why is that? you have to have some serious muscle control to pull shit like that off :O

second thing:
His front foot at the end comes down to the floor at the frame the fist hits the wall, change that to make it look more natural.
What you have to change about that? make the foot come down before the swing, its kinda like if you want to throw a ball.

you take a step first to gain momentum, then swing your torso around for extra speed and then the arm comes swinging out like a whip.
This is to get that extra power and speed for the throw.
basically, what you're doing in fighting is "throwing" a punch like that one you just animated.
This means that the same principle applies to the punch as the one for a throw.

third thing:

Particles.
You made the particles falling down to the ground at the bottom of the hole in the wall disappear in mid air? Magical stuff, right there!
the other particles, you have to realize what kind of material they're made of. if it's a wall the guy is punching, it's probably made of stone or concrete, which means that the individual chunks that come flying off the wall have a certain amount of weight to them. bouncing like that isn't such a common thing for rocks and concrete like that to do.
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

my animations Empty
PostSubject: Re: my animations   my animations I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 1:03 am

Well written, Tom.

The animation's a little better of an example than your other ones, ganu. But you still have so much to learn.

I noticed in your animation that his foot seems like it's pinned to the ground and he's just wobbling back and forth like a stick. Normal humans don't move back and forth like statues, they do it like humans lol.

You need to focus on showing him handling the weight of his body in a natural way.

One big tip I strongly advise to anyone of any skill level, including you, is if what you're animating is something you can see in real life, then youtube a real life clip of it first. Watch a few. Don't ever try to just guess it, because there will always be something in the real life footage that you didn't notice from before.

So for example, you should carefully observe a video of someone punching before you animate that. Your animations will probably be 50% more realistic.
Back to top Go down

my animations Empty
PostSubject: Re: my animations   my animations I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 6:10 am

Tom wrote:
your character's anatomy isnt really that great yet, but keep that up, be honest to yourself when you test your animations, look for flaws, don't take the easy way out and be like

" oh well, the overall animation looks okay so those random ugly drawn frames don't matter that much "

now for some more technical advice:

easing: use it.
The arm that's at the back at the end basically moves at the exact same speed as his punching arm.
Why? there's no need for any force in that arm. Also, it stops all of a sudden, why is that? you have to have some serious muscle control to pull shit like that off :O

second thing:
His front foot at the end comes down to the floor at the frame the fist hits the wall, change that to make it look more natural.
What you have to change about that? make the foot come down before the swing, its kinda like if you want to throw a ball.

you take a step first to gain momentum, then swing your torso around for extra speed and then the arm comes swinging out like a whip.
This is to get that extra power and speed for the throw.
basically, what you're doing in fighting is "throwing" a punch like that one you just animated.
This means that the same principle applies to the punch as the one for a throw.

third thing:

Particles.
You made the particles falling down to the ground at the bottom of the hole in the wall disappear in mid air? Magical stuff, right there!
the other particles, you have to realize what kind of material they're made of. if it's a wall the guy is punching, it's probably made of stone or concrete, which means that the individual chunks that come flying off the wall have a certain amount of weight to them. bouncing like that isn't such a common thing for rocks and concrete like that to do.
thanks tom and edyrem i willl correct my flaws in my next animation.....thanks for the crits...waiting for a crit like this for a long time....and btw now iam not concentrating on particles thats why i didnt make those wall particles....sorry :)
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

my animations Empty
PostSubject: Re: my animations   my animations I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 7:25 am

ganuganu wrote:
thanks tom and edyrem i willl correct my flaws in my next animation.....thanks for the crits...waiting for a crit like this for a long time....and btw now iam not concentrating on particles thats why i didnt make those wall particles....sorry :)

That's how we roll at psuda. Lol'd @ yellow part. You should have given yourself crits while you waited!

By the way, that wall shit is not supposed to be 'particles'. Be an animator, not a stick figure animator!
Particles? As far as I know, that's dots? As far as I know, dots don't come out when I punch a wall open. Shrapnel and stone bits do!
Particles? Pssht!
Back to top Go down

my animations Empty
PostSubject: Re: my animations   my animations I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 7:41 am

Edyrem wrote:
ganuganu wrote:

That's how we roll at psuda. Lol'd @ yellow part. You should have given yourself crits while you waited!

By the way, that wall shit is not supposed to be 'particles'. Be an animator, not a stick figure animator!
Particles? As far as I know, that's dots? As far as I know, dots don't come out when I punch a wall open. Shrapnel and stone bits do!
Particles? Pssht!
oh sorry i will change it now "iam not stickfigure animator,iam animator" k.... ;P
Back to top Go down
Hitorio
Staff
Hitorio

my animations Empty
PostSubject: Re: my animations   my animations I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 11:48 am

You could use...!
...the animator's survival guide! Now where is it? Anyone have link? :P Actually, why not make it a sticky?

Edyrem wrote:
As far as I know, dots don't come out when I punch a wall open. Shrapnel and stone bits do!
Particles? Pssht!

How fuckin' strong are you?
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

my animations Empty
PostSubject: Re: my animations   my animations I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 11:57 am

Hitorio wrote:
You could use...!
...the animator's survival guide! Now where is it? Anyone have link? :P Actually, why not make it a sticky?

Edyrem wrote:
As far as I know, dots don't come out when I punch a wall open. Shrapnel and stone bits do!
Particles? Pssht!

How fuckin' strong are you?

lol'd. fuck off xD

Oops, can't find the download for it.
Back to top Go down

my animations Empty
PostSubject: Re: my animations   my animations I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 8:08 am

next time i will post back flip front flip and kicks.... :) :D ;P
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

my animations Empty
PostSubject: Re: my animations   my animations I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 8:31 am

Right on cool make it happen!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

my animations Empty
PostSubject: Re: my animations   my animations I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

my animations
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next