Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kwamar anims

Go down 
+4
Tom
Edyrem
kyrin
kwamar
8 posters
AuthorMessage
kwamar

Kwamar anims Empty
PostSubject: Kwamar anims   Kwamar anims I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 3:27 pm

Last edited by kwamar on Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
kyrin

kyrin

Kwamar anims Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kwamar anims   Kwamar anims I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 3:55 pm

Hint: make a space in between the link and (old) it fucks up the link

edit:
and...

ITS ON BRO >: O
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

Kwamar anims Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kwamar anims   Kwamar anims I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 4:21 pm

You seem to have decent skills, but only the first two links work.
Back to top Go down
kwamar

Kwamar anims Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kwamar anims   Kwamar anims I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 4:44 pm

ok i fixed it, u can look now
Back to top Go down
Tom
Staff
Tom

Kwamar anims Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kwamar anims   Kwamar anims I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 5:52 pm

dude, I'm especially liking the second link!
very smooth movement!
Can't wait to see more where that came from
Back to top Go down
Hulalaoo

Hulalaoo

Kwamar anims Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kwamar anims   Kwamar anims I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 7:04 pm

really good, the first one was more complex
Back to top Go down
Isaac

Kwamar anims Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kwamar anims   Kwamar anims I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 8:34 pm

I like the character in the first one, nice and detailed for animations. Try finishing that!
Back to top Go down
kwamar

Kwamar anims Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kwamar anims   Kwamar anims I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 9:28 pm

thx guys ^_^
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

Kwamar anims Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kwamar anims   Kwamar anims I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 9:32 pm

I see I didn't really miss much in the rest of the links xD
First and second are quite nice, and its' nice to see a stick animator delve into the pandora's box that is 'fullbody'.

I can't wait to see what else you can pull off :)
Back to top Go down
Hitorio
Staff
Hitorio

Kwamar anims Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kwamar anims   Kwamar anims I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 5:25 am

This is starting to make me think that, in the animation battlefield at large, stick animators transitioning to fullbody are dangerous mofos, for in their stick fighting quests, they have been, with simple graphics, forced to be inventive and creative and to let that drive their styles. Now, with the switch to fullbody, many have somewhat fused the fast-paced style of sticks with fullbody, creating something of a 25% stick-influenced style that's fun to watch. Of course, it depends on the stick animator. It depends on how he melds the styles. There have been some bad habits that've been leaked into fullbody, such as Kauza's tendency to have his battles loaded with wild sword swinging that isn't usually capable of being surpassed by sticks. LF2master is a good example of one of the more powerful fullbody transitioners (assuming he started out with stix). I see such a potential in SethX, too, what with that classic rapid-melee combo stick style.

Your schitt looks quite bubbly and circly, KWAMMY!!! As shown by your sword moves, you can do the cool schitt to an... unknown degree. Random Tip: Exaggeration in individual frames can turn out to be the G-spot stimulation of an animation. Try reaching farther one day.
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

Kwamar anims Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kwamar anims   Kwamar anims I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 10:22 am

That's true, mate. But what I hate, though, is how stick-to-fullbody animators have the tendency to draw their characters with that godawful non-shouldered frame. Drives me nuts because that alone fundamentally handicaps the animation's potential quality, in my opinion.

What's good though, is the habit they have to do things with smooth easing. That's my favorite thing about stick animating cultures; they glorify timing and spacing because the prettiness of the drawings, in principle, is the pitfall of sticks - the appeal is in the way they move, and the physics sometimes. And that movement practice that I had when I was a stick animator is probably my biggest influence in my animating experience.

It's a bittersweet thing that so many cartoon animators in don't value the easing and physics very much. On the one hand, the animating culture we're most immersed in doesn't share the same exact priorities as us and it makes us have less in common. On the other hand, we get to stand out and be even more valuable in animation communities.
Back to top Go down
SethX

SethX

Kwamar anims Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kwamar anims   Kwamar anims I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 7:17 pm

oh penis its T0KEN!!! hey bud. i didnt know you did fullbody, least of all did i think you were this GOOD
.-. keep it up man.

EDIT: thanks for the anatomy ideas. i totally stole that, and am making a mech anim with your beautiful anatomy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Kwamar anims Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kwamar anims   Kwamar anims I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kwamar anims
Page 1 of 1