Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Inspiration

Go down 
+10
Malfunction
0lelouch0
Creativename
Amf
Touma
SethX
Jettzin
Edyrem
Hitorio
Tom
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Tom
Staff
Tom

Inspiration Empty
PostSubject: Inspiration   Inspiration I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 3:19 pm

Post videos, artwork and other stuff here of what inspires you to become the artist you want to be, to create the stuff you want to create, and so on.

To save space in this topic, use the spoiler tags to hide embedded videos in order to keep this topic nice and organized.

You can comment on other people's work below your own links and stuff, in the same post. Don't create posts to comment on the other videos without actually adding inspirational content in that post.

By doing this, we'll keep this topic as epic as possible!
Back to top Go down
Hitorio
Staff
Hitorio

Inspiration Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inspiration   Inspiration I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 8:51 am

So much to list! I'll start with a classic.

Yutaka Nakamura MAD:

Yutaka Nakamura MAD 3:

...continuing...

Norio Matsumoto MAD:

What the hell? They deleted the You Yoshinari MADS from YouTube? ...and the only copies are on my dead laptop?

Painting time:

Metropolis:

Fun sketches are fun.:

Fun Scroll is Fun:

=====

EDIT: *responding to Tom's post below*
You've been placing hella emphasis on expanding horizons as an animator, which is the schitt, but lemme clear this point up that I think you think of me as according to this post: I don't just delve into action, either. I have broad horizons as well. In preparing for professional careers, one must study everything. Abstract animation, realism, actiony, cartoony, etc. Do not take the above videos as the only kinds that I am interested in. I, in fact, very closely followed the thread requirements and posted the things that specifically inspire me. I dabble in everything, but epic battle choreography is what excites me about animation and reminds me of why I love it. This thread is what I would expect to be a large column of animation that makes our animators want to rip the fuck out of an animation - y'know, get them pumped to go beast upon it. inspiration. That which inspires. That's why I posted these endorphin-triggering pieces of carnage above.
I know that your message is going out to everyone, but in that manner that your comment so subsequently followed my post, one of your arrows went to me.

Last edited by Hitorio on Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:16 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Tom
Staff
Tom

Inspiration Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inspiration   Inspiration I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 4:41 pm

These are a few of the videos that interest me as an animator and a person, I like to broaden my horizon, look for more than just epic fight scenes in animation to become a better animator.

A beautiful animation every animator must have seen at least once:

Another one you must see if you like smooth movement!:

Lecture by one of the greatest animators ever, this is only part one of many.:

Special effects by the creator of the book "Elemental Magic":

Great mix of live action and animation, made by only 3 animators:

Want to learn about animating backgrounds? watch this!:

Broaden your horizon, watch this animation done with light painting!:

Sound can definitely make a difference when it comes to animation!:

And this one to close my post, a video that is inspirational to me in general, not specifically for animation:
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

Inspiration Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inspiration   Inspiration I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 12:49 pm

Hitorio wrote:

Norio Matsumoto MAD:
I thought I used to overrate Norio Matsumoto but after seeing this I can see that he deserved all the praise.
Hitorio wrote:

What the hell? They deleted the You Yoshinari MADS from YouTube? ...and the only copies are on my dead laptop?
So... the files are now gone? NIGGA UPLOAD PRIVATE VERSIONS NEXT TIME YOU GET YO HANDS ON THEM BITCHES.
Hitorio wrote:

Fun sketches are fun.:
Fuckin beautiful.
*notices le sean*
That guy's pretty damn good. Definitely an expert at anime.
Hitorio wrote:

Fun Scroll is Fun:
Holy shit. Fun IN(fucking)DEED. It's art like this that gives anime a good name.
Some of those drawings manage to emit sex appeal and artistic prowess at the same time.
Two of my favorite things in a drawing!

I'll fill this post with some stuff. I need to find some good shit first

/e:
Zebra mindfuck:

Last edited by Edyrem on Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Hitorio
Staff
Hitorio

Inspiration Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inspiration   Inspiration I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 6:38 pm

You don't have any outstanding examples? Since my forms of inspiration were so prominent and easy to think of, looking for them wasn't really necessary...and:
Edyrem wrote:
Hitorio wrote:

Fun sketches are fun.:
Fuckin beautiful.
*notices le sean*
That guy's pretty damn good. Definitely an expert at anime.

Oh, he's got more, ho.
(EDIT more than a year later): They were refs from Tetsuro Ueyama's "Mitsuyoshi Kanketsu-Hen."

Switch Up The Genders:

======

I'll drop in one of two pieces of media that have given me a pure epic trance in the last four years (one was Dead Fantasy, and the other was the Marineford Arc in One Piece).
Epic Trance: The state of pure immersion and euphoria in which endorphin levels rise sharply and pulse strongly and continuously, somewhat altering the consciousness, usually caused by something epic - the type of epic that you were hesitant to believe existed outside of your imagination.
My experiences with Dead Fantasy began as a social occurrence - the introduction of it to me, that is. After watching it with an audience, then watching it on my own time, I entered the trance and let go of the will to animate the next day.
Dead Fantasy I through V:

Monty Oum is an inspiration to me because of his origins and what he did with them. To put it briefly (and to borrow from his own words a bit), he dropped out of high school, has a shit car, and sees his girlfriend twice a year. If he were the average guy, life would sound suckish. What did he do? He said "fuck it," and indulged in that escape-ish passion of his - making movies and schitt with 3D programs. Life is worth it when you have something to push yourself for - something rewarding. You'll find that many sucessful artists think this way. He was a guy that loved video games and making movies. He dropped a few movies on the web, but the one that made his fame explode was Haloid, a crossover between Metroid and Halo - Samus vs Master Chief - an amalgamation of many badass ideas (some weren't his, though. Back then he grabbed some shots from the Matrix) - a hyped and heated discussion topic. Fun. After Haloid blinded fans with its brilliance, he started Dead Fantasy - just for the fuck of it - and his success surged even more powerfully. He got noticed on the web by his future employer! That's fucking win. Besides even his story of success, the part that inspired me was that he not only succeeded with the kind of life that he had - he tore through that shit. He's like a soldier when it comes to grinding. Hustling. Working on his schitt with focus and diligence. He's in another world with that schitt (and also dislikes time wasters :P ). That's why he's a fucking beast.

Monty Oum: The Core Meaning of Art - Connection and Conveyance:

The essence of MontyOum as a whole is inspiration. This is why he's one of my favorite artists - period. Note how I didn't send that further down the line with further categorization. He's in my very Top list, next to Walt Disney and such.

Last edited by Hitorio on Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

Inspiration Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inspiration   Inspiration I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 4:56 am

Spoiler:

It'd be cool to just post pictures here and post videos in the playlist thread.
And if we just posted a picture per post so that the process is more relaxed and casual.

Last edited by Edyrem on Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tom
Staff
Tom

Inspiration Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inspiration   Inspiration I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 1:38 am

Don't confuse inspirational stuff with reference material, videos don't have to necessarily be either one or the other. I suggest we keep posting stuff here, and add videos that can serve as good reference to our playlists.

this topic is meant to inspire people, instead of teach them something.
Back to top Go down
Jettzin

Jettzin

Inspiration Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inspiration   Inspiration I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 7:48 pm

This may be a it wierd but this inspired me

i also like things like draw with me and stuff like that :D
cuz whether and animation is short or long i want to make people be in a story or feel something
He inspires me as well though sometimes more than needed/ also want to beat him some day
Spoiler:
i'll have more cuz im inspiredby so much
{insert inspiration here]
Back to top Go down
SethX

SethX

Inspiration Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inspiration   Inspiration I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 5:15 pm

Catsuka.com > sakuga/MAD everyone you'll ever need, including nakamura and i think the other person.
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

Inspiration Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inspiration   Inspiration I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 6:14 pm

On the subject of expanding your horizons, I've recently began having a heightened interest in the emotional impact of a scene.

These scenes all gave me chills as a young boy. They still do. And they all have gorgeous animation. I'd put these movies on equal footing with each other.

Balto:

The Lion King:

The Iron Giant:
Back to top Go down
SethX

SethX

Inspiration Empty
PostSubject: Glorious scene from nichijou   Inspiration I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 11:34 am

I got really inspired from this... hope it inspires you wierdos too.
Back to top Go down
Hitorio
Staff
Hitorio

Inspiration Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inspiration   Inspiration I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 7:36 am

Executing three mofos 'cause they looked at your Yaoi. In cold blood. Fukken win.

More Fukken' win.
Back to top Go down
Tom
Staff
Tom

Inspiration Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inspiration   Inspiration I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 11:18 am

omg so awesome. thank you!
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

Inspiration Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inspiration   Inspiration I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2011 7:37 am

Wow that anime's got awesome visuals. Though, the whole 'kawaii' sort of themes going on in that anime make me cringe a little bit, so I'm not sure I can watch the whole series/movie.
Also, I merged this thread to the inspiration thread where it belongs.

Holy shit guys check this shit out.
So uniquely stylish... I'm amazed.

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/583966
Back to top Go down
Tom
Staff
Tom

Inspiration Empty
PostSubject: [18+]interesting animation! [18+]   Inspiration I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 10:58 am

Here's a neat animation available for only a couply of days online, watch it while it's still up.
Keep in mind, there's an 18+ rating for this video.

Spoiler:

Use the password cesars2012 to gain access to the video.

It's a mix of 3D, 2D and stop motion, blended together pretty nicely!
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

Inspiration Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inspiration   Inspiration I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 5:00 pm

Wow... it's amazing that I get to see things like this for free.

/e: Wait, why isn't this in General chat and not in the inspiration thread or somewhere in the artistic discussion forum? lol I'll move it.
Back to top Go down
Tom
Staff
Tom

Inspiration Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inspiration   Inspiration I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 4:42 am

I posted it there so people get the chance to see an entire topic about it and look for it a bit more, lets hope it gets the attention it deserves in this topic, because it's a really awesome animation that shows how several techniques and styles can blend together in a great way.
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

Inspiration Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inspiration   Inspiration I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 4:17 pm

Fuck yeah it does. I loved this film.
Back to top Go down
Hitorio
Staff
Hitorio

Inspiration Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inspiration   Inspiration I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 6:52 am

Missed it. :P
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

Inspiration Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inspiration   Inspiration I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 1:25 pm

that sucks lol
It was pretty original. You'll be okay, though.
Back to top Go down
Touma

Touma

Inspiration Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inspiration   Inspiration I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 12:40 pm

stuff i find really inspiring!
(took me a while to post again)

animatic's never seem to lose my interest.
Back to top Go down
Touma

Touma

Inspiration Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inspiration   Inspiration I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 2:45 pm

Animation exercises made by Yoshiyuki Sadamoto

Back to top Go down
Touma

Touma

Inspiration Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inspiration   Inspiration I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 4:38 am

Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

Inspiration Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inspiration   Inspiration I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 5:18 am

winning bro
Back to top Go down
Hitorio
Staff
Hitorio

Inspiration Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inspiration   Inspiration I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 10:31 am

First video on the page: Oooooooh. Organically awesome. That propulsion jet activation at 0:29 caught my eye as well because of that subtle heat blur. Pure. 100%. Not from concentrate. Organic as fuck.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Inspiration Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inspiration   Inspiration I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Inspiration
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next