Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Amazing inspiration!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
SethX

SethX

Amazing inspiration! Empty
PostSubject: Amazing inspiration!   Amazing inspiration! I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 12:03 am

If you guys haven't seen this already, I found this on youtube.

Well, that inspired me like a motherfucker. I'm gonna animate now, and ill post whatever comes out below.
(i felt like this should get it's own topic so that others can watch it and gain inspiration and stuff :D )
Back to top Go down
De'Andre

De'Andre

PostSubject: Re: Amazing inspiration!   Amazing inspiration! I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 3:27 pm

lol i love this his videos it gives me all my inspiration next to Tesuwan Birdy :D
Back to top Go down
SethX

SethX

PostSubject: Re: Amazing inspiration!   Amazing inspiration! I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 3:51 pm

INDEED! oh yeah i just finished what i was inspired to animate.
http://www.truploader.com/view/987669
Back to top Go down
Tom
Staff
Tom

PostSubject: Re: Amazing inspiration!   Amazing inspiration! I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 5:05 pm

Anime seems to be the only thing that interestes you guys, are there any other types of animation that you guys are interested in ?
Back to top Go down
SethX

SethX

PostSubject: Re: Amazing inspiration!   Amazing inspiration! I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 6:14 pm

i'm not really interested in anime that much aside from the fight scenes. anime takes too long to watch in my opinion.
EDIT: although i was watching the regular show once, (its a cartoon if you dont know) and there was a huge slowmo shockwave that was pretty awesome.
Back to top Go down
De'Andre

De'Andre

PostSubject: Re: Amazing inspiration!   Amazing inspiration! I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 6:18 pm

i watch only action anime to get my inspiration on fights or watch movies, animations from Disney inspire me for backgrounds. Pretty much anything that makes me say WOW this is amazing inspires me even songs inspires me so what im saying is the list of things to inspire me is endless :|
Back to top Go down
Tom
Staff
Tom

PostSubject: Re: Amazing inspiration!   Amazing inspiration! I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2011 8:56 am

Okay, I get that.

Why don't you guys animate something that's not related to fights scenes?
De'Andre, what areyour favorite movies as far as backgrounds go?
Back to top Go down
De'Andre

De'Andre

PostSubject: Re: Amazing inspiration!   Amazing inspiration! I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2011 10:27 am

oh i like snow White, a woman a gun and a noodle shop ( saw it on TV ), lion king, and Winnie the pooh :| also i like gobelins backgrounds on 'jazazin', 'annecy', and ect. Its a lot that i don't even remember ( sorry for that lol ). -_- head hurts
Back to top Go down
Tom
Staff
Tom

PostSubject: Re: Amazing inspiration!   Amazing inspiration! I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2011 12:54 pm

Ì've never heard of "a woman a gun and a noodle shop". Who created it?

Gobelins is awesome, it's a french animation college.
Annecy, btw, is an animation festival in france, Probably the biggest and most important in the world.
I might go to it next year while in animation college!
Back to top Go down
De'Andre

De'Andre

PostSubject: Re: Amazing inspiration!   Amazing inspiration! I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2011 1:41 pm

wow that sounds amazing have fun if you do go there :D and a woman a gun and a noodle shop is a Chinese comedy it was written by Jianquan Shi
it was pretty good :P
and what you said about us always turning to anime for inspiration was very true so i'm going to try and explore my styles and art more :D thanks for you help lol
Back to top Go down
Hitorio
Staff
Hitorio

PostSubject: Re: Amazing inspiration!   Amazing inspiration! I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2011 3:16 pm

Moved to Artistic Discussion and Help since the thread featured another animation.

and to answer the first post's prompt, hell yeah, I've seen that -- years ago! >: ]
It's a little too choppy/not-inbetweened for my tastes, but the storyboard for this must've been quite amazing. There was another amateur-animation somewhere on the web that was actually visually complete and created by a one-man studio in Japan...about a shafeshifting blob that battled other blobs in combat while guided by their wielders; it's basically Digimon but in a city and with serious collateral damage. >: D
EDIT: It's called Cencoroll

...as for Tom's inquiry, I'd been getting into some Disney and doing some lipsynching anims before I got banned.

Last edited by Hitorio on Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

PostSubject: Re: Amazing inspiration!   Amazing inspiration! I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2011 11:45 pm

Tom wrote:
Annecy, btw, is an animation festival in france, Probably the biggest and most important in the world.

Serious? I never even heard of it.

Tom wrote:
I might go to it next year while in animation college!

Fucking serious!? That sounds ace, bro, make sure you mingle with all the experts if you get to go :D
Record on video with your ipod or whatever.
Back to top Go down
SethX

SethX

PostSubject: Re: Amazing inspiration!   Amazing inspiration! I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2011 9:34 pm

All the.... FRENCH EXPERTS.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Amazing inspiration!   Amazing inspiration! I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 10:09 pm

Meeh... decent.
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

PostSubject: Re: Amazing inspiration!   Amazing inspiration! I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 1:29 am

Aku wtf are you talking about? That clip was bitchin' as shit.

The liquid blast was excellent as with most of it. There were some parts where the drawings weren't quite as good as the leading anime pros, but goddamn it delivered.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Amazing inspiration!   Amazing inspiration! I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 1:12 pm

Delivers right to the toilet. I'm not inspired.
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

PostSubject: Re: Amazing inspiration!   Amazing inspiration! I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 1:34 pm

:|

It's strange how you rate works by strangers much more brutally than you do your own work or a friend's work. Why is it that you are so much more easily moved by something a Psudan makes in comparison to something made by someone you do not know well?

In fact, I'm not just asking you, this happens to a lot of people including me. I am amused by this phenomenon... I'll say this, though, it's strong in you, Aku :P
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Amazing inspiration!   Amazing inspiration! I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 1:44 pm

It's true, except for the part about my own work. That's a lie.
Back to top Go down
Hitorio
Staff
Hitorio

PostSubject: Re: Amazing inspiration!   Amazing inspiration! I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 6:28 pm

You confirmed it, but let's not forget that he asked why. Request: Delve into your experience in watching it with a bit of detail as I'm about to do:
I find that animation quality and entertainment level aren't synonymous -- s'pecially in animations like these.

The first time that I watched it, (Google Translator gave me something along the lines of Time Ninja vs Dokuro, so I'll call it that) my enjoyment level of it wasn't exceptionally high because I hadn't fully sunk into it. I sort of viewed it as a collection of animation that had some nice fukkin' shots here and there. I downloaded, it, though.

Now, I usually fully get into something when I dedicate myself toward it for some period o' time. It was after watching it many times that I'd absorbed many of its finer qualities -- the assortion of nice cuts, the stringing of the action into a storyline, the subtitles at the bottom (which I enjoyed out of pure aesthetics), and I actually liked the song because of watching it many times and associating it with the awesomeness.
The amateur aspect of it was also attractive. Sketchiness and rough frames/backgrounds exuded a faint, familiar feeling of beginner's fun. It sorta took me back to the core of what creativity is all about, back when I made flipbooks and comics in 5th Grade and schitt. My perspective soared from the movie zone to the artistic creation zone. Ka-Bam. I was locked in; after all, if some guy at school approached me with this, I'd be giving his balls a handshake. I appreciated and had fun with those static-image pans and the super choppy non-inbetweened cuts.
You act as if there weren't any awesome cuts in there at all, Aku.
1:18 - Whoo!
2:07 through 2:13 - Whoo!
and when I watched closely enough to track the storyline and consume the song, the enjoyment increased even more. Now, I won't explain it because it looks shitty on paper. :P
...my favorite parts of the song enhanced part of the film enough to actually elevate them to my favorite portions: 2:29 and 3:56. 2:29's cut in which the Kunoichi rises and focuses that gaze unto... "Dokuro" and the sequence in which she carries out that last midair assault. Fuckin' win. That type of composition and choreo was exactly the type of stuff I loved to create in 6th Grade.
Time Ninja vs Dokuro -- Groovy schitt.

Here's another by the same guy:

They're both the same vid. One, the original, is a music video. The second, the edited, is the SFX version.

(My fav version is the music vid version; I'll speak on behalf of that)

Street Fighter Omega, as I'm callin' it, has pleasure from a few different sources. If you're a Street Fighter fan, you can't not like this. As luck would have it, you aren't, Aku. I'd like to watch this vid with every fighter's identity and story in mind -- increases the oh-gazm. Let's pretend for a bit as if the nostalgia/link to a familiar franchise didn't exist, though; these fights are still good. The first fight I'm not as much of a fan of, actually. My favorites are all of the site fights that only last a few seconds. My two favorites in the entire video: Chun-Li vs Bison in which the camera rotates so effectively around Chun-Li's signature moves, and the very end: Akuma vs [Evil Ryu, I'm guessing]. The way the music restarts and resounds more powerfully as the standoff presents itself to us -- perfect. The second-to-last cut -- I love it. The choppiness didn't seem out of place at all; it was perfectly appropriate for the context of the vid, the feel of the animator, etc.
The only scene that I think was done better in the SFX version was Ken vs Huge, the second-to-last fight. That Imaishi style kick plus SFX fleshed it out.
:)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Amazing inspiration!   Amazing inspiration! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Amazing inspiration!
Page 1 of 1