Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Intense Video effects

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Intense Video effects Empty
PostSubject: Intense Video effects   Intense Video effects I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 10:07 pm

Ok what made me want to start this topic is I was watching breaking bad and I notice a lot of tricks they do to get under your skin with video effects

Shepard's noise close up is one I love, you've seen this on tv i'm sure or in movies, and I think a lot of people can relate to that in real life, where they just zone out.
They usually have someone talking and they do a close up on another persons face, they usually look like they aren't hearing a word, then they dim out the persons voice who is talking and they play a shepards tone. This would also work for intense scenes in a show to make them hit you harder. Their doesn't necessarily need to be talking. I want to find an example of this one because I don't think a lot of people would know what this is from my description unless you know what a shepards tone is.

Another is handheld camera movement, which gives the video a more intensity wile watching, better use for action scenes.

Slow motion, gives it things anticipation, I like slow motion done right.

I plan to add more as I realize more, but I'd like everyone to contribute to this sense I feel it is special.

Back to top Go down
Hitorio
Staff
Hitorio

PostSubject: Re: Intense Video effects   Intense Video effects I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2011 3:44 am

*moves to artistic discussion*
...fantastical. I'll get back witcha on this.
Back to top Go down
Tom
Staff
Tom

PostSubject: Re: Intense Video effects   Intense Video effects I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2011 4:56 am

This seems like a good topic to keep expanding.
Tips and tricks on how to steer the audience in a certain direction are very important to know.
When I get some more info on this from my college, I'll add it to this topic.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Intense Video effects   Intense Video effects I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Intense Video effects
Page 1 of 1