Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TEST few styles of effects!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Tom
Staff
Tom

TEST few styles of effects! Empty
PostSubject: TEST few styles of effects!   TEST few styles of effects! I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 5:49 pm

So i've been working on creating an effect to use in an animation im working on..
Have done several effects, and i want you guys to tell me which one i should further work on / change a bit to turn it into the final effect.

http://www.truploader.com/view/996412

You can also, obviously, tell me that you prefer a mixture of several of the effects.
( which is most likely the way I'm heading with this effect.)

Credit goes to Edyrem for explaining this style of effects.
Back to top Go down
Hitorio
Staff
Hitorio

PostSubject: Re: TEST few styles of effects!   TEST few styles of effects! I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 6:27 pm

Two out of three are ownage. The red explosion isn't done with as much of a high quality. :/
It looks a bit too solid and not as much like an explosion. It reminds me of a flicker of stove fire.
As for the other two, nice whirring effects.
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

PostSubject: Re: TEST few styles of effects!   TEST few styles of effects! I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 1:07 am

pretty nice, yeahthe red one looked really really like you didn't put work into it.

Big mistake is to do all the particles each frame. It takes a pointless amount of energy and focus to animate them at the same time and expect the same quality if you put full focus into each particle or two at a time.

And I mean, if that's what it takes to make a brilliant visual experience then so be it, let's go the whole nine yards with it.

Also, I appreciated the stuttering effect at the beginning of the blue, um... I wanna say explosions, but they look more like some teleport effect for one of those megaman games.

They still are simply not enough frames animated into them. My red explosion effect looks really quick like 10 frames but it's at least triple that.
Also, there's something about the plainness in the way they move. Almost like they move really slowly, with no real force.

Take off some frames in the beginning of the ring expansions [or beginning of any explosion in general] and let it suddenly ease out quickly. I'm not trying to make you go the complete tilt and just make it jolt to the end, but make your effects expand faster than that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TEST few styles of effects!   TEST few styles of effects! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TEST few styles of effects!
Page 1 of 1