Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Practice

Go down 
+2
Creativename
GeoStn
6 posters
AuthorMessage
GeoStn

GeoStn

Practice Empty
PostSubject: Practice   Practice I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 1:03 am

www.truploader.com/view/967647
www.truploader.com/view/762708
I'm a beginner so don't expect too much from me...
Back to top Go down
Creativename

Creativename

Practice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Practice   Practice I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 1:36 am

You put in a lip crease when the guy flexes his nose.

When the jumper ducks down, the highest point that his elbows reach is probably too high.

Keep putting lots of care into your individual frames. It would be great if each frame was independently as nice as your keyframes.

I have a problem with how the beanhead's face is structured. The only place where there are any obvious issues, is where his happy-smile-cheek pushes up against his eye. It doesn't look right, it's a bad smile.

It's very promising work. It's strange how well-inked it is.
Back to top Go down
GeoStn

GeoStn

Practice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Practice   Practice I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 2:19 am

Creativename thank you for your advice.I understand what my mistakes are in the first animation.It was the first time I animated such thing and it was a bit weird for me but i'll do my best to improve.
Do you have any suggestion on what I should animate next?Maybe an exercise that helped you improve when you started animating?
Back to top Go down
Jones

Jones

Practice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Practice   Practice I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 8:48 am

Hello man. Never seen you round here be fo. Licence and registration please.

Ill talk about the second animation. I like the way you drew him. Looks professional.

When he bends down, his lower part of his left leg just seems to get bigger. I think the lower part should've stayed the same size if not gotten a bit smaller. The way its drawn is really good though.

You did a good job building up force in preparation for the jump, but you didnt put a frame or two showing him start to go up. Thats y it looks like his arms just disappears. If we saw them start to go down it would look more natural.
Back to top Go down
GeoStn

GeoStn

Practice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Practice   Practice I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 12:11 pm

http://www.truploader.com/view/700039
Thanks for the reply Mr. Jones!
This one is very short and boring but it was a nice exercice.I'll try to improve my drawing skills(maybe learn anatomy)until I animate again.And sorry for the ugly feet(and the huge head)
Back to top Go down
Creativename

Creativename

Practice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Practice   Practice I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 7:07 pm

GeoStn wrote:
Do you have any suggestion on what I should animate next?Maybe an exercise that helped you improve when you started animating?
Yes, I do have a suggestion. I would advise that you animate a torso moving or dancing or falling and then landing, and have it run for about 20 frames. Then draw his arms and head on, in any way that is comfortable. Do what you like with the legs, or leave them out.

EDIT: Maybe 10 frames would be more reasonable; 20 was just arbitrary.

Last edited by Creativename on Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Isaac

Practice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Practice   Practice I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 8:26 pm

As has already been said, they are inked very clean, which is nice. they are rather short, but animation is tough, especially at that level cleanliness, so it's fine. You have anatomy down, i see no major problems.

I fucking like you.
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

Practice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Practice   Practice I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 12:44 pm

Nice drawing abilities... Yeah you're putting creases on his face where it seems to be too much. You could do more with less lines. Also, it felt stiff how his head didn't move at all while his face had a dramatic change of expression. When two parts of the same thing exist, and one of the parts do something intense while the other part does not dance along with the flow, you get a stiff feeling.

The second animation is pretty cute, but I reckon you don't know what to do with the smoke at that last point, eh? I don't really, either. But I'll tell you this, you can study this Adam Philips' process and learn a lot...
Take this portal.

You clearly show some style sense with both of these animations, and I'd like to see the rest of the artwork you've got under your belt. Welcome to the forum.

/e: oh shit, the third's animation has sexy back anatomy.
You draw odd limbs, though. They are on the verge of being big lumps that connect to each other with thin joints. That's not really how they are. Joints, if anything, got an especially interesting set of lumps on them which you have not represented.

I can't say I vouch CreativeName's suggestion on animating the torso first, but that's because I haven't tried it out myself, so I don't disagree with it either. Try it out and let us know how it feels compared to your current techniques.
Back to top Go down
GeoStn

GeoStn

Practice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Practice   Practice I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 11:36 am

I've been pretty busy this week.I didn't try the torso thing suggested by Creativename yet but I'll give it a try next week.I'll try to study some anatomy as well.
Unfortunately I could only animate this short test(which is unfinished and so it shall remain forever)
http://www.truploader.com/view/982062
Thanks for all the feedback I really apreciate all your comments.
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

Practice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Practice   Practice I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 3:07 pm

I really enjoy your lines.
But he somewhat defies gravity, with the way he lifts his foot back and holds such a smooth, static position. Unnatural.
Back to top Go down
GeoStn

GeoStn

Practice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Practice   Practice I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2012 6:40 am

http://www.truploader.com/view/191795
It is unfinished but I might try to finish it soon...I don't really know what I'm going to do with this one though.
Back to top Go down
Hitorio
Staff
Hitorio

Practice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Practice   Practice I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 5:50 pm

Try... two of those characters interacting. >: D
That's what you can do with this mini-concept. Push yourself with these physics. Don't stay in the basics. My first Flash anim was of a freakin' battle. ...even though it sucked, I developed in advanced directions. <: ]
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

Practice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Practice   Practice I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 11:56 am

Pretty and graceful smoothness you have there. Vouch the two character thing... that's a good step. Here's a tip for that:
Storyboard/animatic them all at the same time, on the same layer. Perhaps even key most of them on the same layer. But when it comes time to inbetween, you'd find more comfort giving each character a layer. If you don't do that, it gets pretty fucking annoying to edit a character while having to keep carrying the drawings of the other character around...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Practice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Practice   Practice I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Practice
Page 1 of 1