Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

CubeX's improvement log thingy!

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
CubeX

CubeX's improvement log thingy! Empty
PostSubject: CubeX's improvement log thingy!   CubeX's improvement log thingy! I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2012 5:10 pm

Howdy people, I am back... again... with some new art... still sucks, but I improved.
Thanks again to all the people that helped me last time, I appreciate it.

* I had noooo idea what I was drawing in this image... Seriously, and it was rushed... basicly it's a doodle. And the head turned
out to be very bad, but I know the basics of the human head, so no need to tell me what I did wrong :P
I will add more doodles and better quality drawings when I actually draw them, I am also very lazy, so It takes for me 2 days to draw a line, have a nice day, yours sincerely, CubeXtron. <3
Spoiler:

>UPDATE< cool

CubeX used scribble attack!
*It wasn't very effective.

Spoiler:

I drew this a few days ago, I know Edyrem is gonna be pissed due the scribble-ness, lol.
New drawings comming as soon as possible.

Last edited by CubeX on Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:15 am; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
CubeX

PostSubject: Re: CubeX's improvement log thingy!   CubeX's improvement log thingy! I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2012 5:11 pm

Oh and btw, I accidently hit a key on my keyboard and it set the Preview Quality in Photoshop CS5 to bad, and I don't know how to change it back to high again, could someone help me with that?
Also sorry for the big picture, haters gonna hate :P
Back to top Go down
CubeX

PostSubject: Re: CubeX's improvement log thingy!   CubeX's improvement log thingy! I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 12:12 pm

*NEED HELP!
WHen I want to export something in Photoshop, it is low quality!
How do I toggle high quality preview on? Cause I accidently turned Low quality preview on as I said above, HELP!!!
Back to top Go down
Tom
Staff
Tom

PostSubject: Re: CubeX's improvement log thingy!   CubeX's improvement log thingy! I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 12:50 pm

What do you mean with 'export' ?
Where do you see this preview?
Back to top Go down
CubeX

PostSubject: Re: CubeX's improvement log thingy!   CubeX's improvement log thingy! I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 4:12 pm

NVM, it's fixed thanks to professional help a.k.a Adobe forums, lol.
Back to top Go down
Tom
Staff
Tom

PostSubject: Re: CubeX's improvement log thingy!   CubeX's improvement log thingy! I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 4:14 pm

Lol, professional help right here as well, I used to be adobe tech support :P
Back to top Go down
CubeX

PostSubject: Re: CubeX's improvement log thingy!   CubeX's improvement log thingy! I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 8:52 am

Tom wrote:
Lol, professional help right here as well, I used to be adobe tech support :P

Nice cool
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

PostSubject: Re: CubeX's improvement log thingy!   CubeX's improvement log thingy! I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 3:39 am

You seem to have experienced seizures while drawing your lines, so by now if you hadn't sought immediate medical attention I am afraid you might have suffocated or experienced a concussion by now. In which case, it seems I am writing to a deceased person.

But if you are still in good health and plan on drawing some more, I recommend you practice drawing in less zigzaggy strokes and more in clear, constructive strokes.

Like example 1:
Back to top Go down
CubeX

PostSubject: Re: CubeX's improvement log thingy!   CubeX's improvement log thingy! I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 6:00 am

Edyrem wrote:
You seem to have experienced seizures while drawing your lines, so by now if you hadn't sought immediate medical attention I am afraid you might have suffocated or experienced a concussion by now. In which case, it seems I am writing to a deceased person.

But if you are still in good health and plan on drawing some more, I recommend you practice drawing in less zigzaggy strokes and more in clear, constructive strokes.

Like example 1:

That's how I draw sketches. My hand is loose and I draw scribbly scribbly lines, but I guess I gotta work on that.
And thanks for your concern about my health, I had no seizure cool
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

PostSubject: Re: CubeX's improvement log thingy!   CubeX's improvement log thingy! I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 7:04 am

:P Take a look at this book preview, it goes more in depth about it.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/reader/0240808452/ref=sib_dp_pt#reader-link
Back to top Go down
CubeX

PostSubject: Re: CubeX's improvement log thingy!   CubeX's improvement log thingy! I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 8:06 am

Edyrem wrote:
:P Take a look at this book preview, it goes more in depth about it.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/reader/0240808452/ref=sib_dp_pt#reader-link

I know this is weird, but I draw better in Photoshop than in Flash for some reason, in Photoshop you have that touch of realism, kinda like a real pen or brush, but in Flash I just can't draw, it's weird.
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

PostSubject: Re: CubeX's improvement log thingy!   CubeX's improvement log thingy! I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 9:18 am

That's... not weird in the slightest. That's completely typical for anybody who tried photoshop and flash. Unless you're practicing flash/animated/vector art in particular, any art practice should be done in photoshop instead of flash.
Back to top Go down
CubeX

PostSubject: Re: CubeX's improvement log thingy!   CubeX's improvement log thingy! I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 11:04 am

Edyrem wrote:
That's... not weird in the slightest. That's completely typical for anybody who tried photoshop and flash. Unless you're practicing flash/animated/vector art in particular, any art practice should be done in photoshop instead of flash.
I guess so.
Back to top Go down
CubeX

PostSubject: CubeXtron's attempt's at proportion extravaganza   CubeX's improvement log thingy! I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 11:21 am

I'm back from another break, I didn't draw for a bit, but I have deleted everything that I knew about drawing, threw it in the dumpster and started from scratch! This is what I came up with :

Sasuke has fat arms for no apparent reason... I guess it's not bad. And the other dude was requested by my brother, he wanted him too look like a samurai, but I was too lazy to add details and jizz.
It looks like I improved a tiny bit, but I'm sure that in about 3 years I'm gonna be better than Edyrem >:)
Just kidding...
Spoiler:

Last edited by CubeX on Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Hitorio
Staff
Hitorio

PostSubject: Re: CubeX's improvement log thingy!   CubeX's improvement log thingy! I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 12:20 pm

CubeX wrote:

So the guy that makes the thingy that Naruto does ( I don't watch Naruto but my friend wanted me to draw that move thingy) has fat arms for no apparent reason...

Yo. My request for you is to re-build this sentence so that you can convey your thoughts with clarity. Consider it a side-quest of the RPG of Psuda.

What's the hardest part of drawing for you? What'd you struggle on the most?
Back to top Go down
Tom
Staff
Tom

PostSubject: Re: CubeX's improvement log thingy!   CubeX's improvement log thingy! I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 12:23 pm

You mentioned being too lazy to add details.
What details are you thinking of?
Also, how do you approach your drawing, like, what goes on in your mind when working on things like these 2 drawings you've shown?
Lastly, how long did each of these two drawings take for you to finish?

And yes, redo that sentence, as Hitorio asked.
Back to top Go down
CubeX

PostSubject: Re: CubeX's improvement log thingy!   CubeX's improvement log thingy! I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 12:56 pm

Tom wrote:
You mentioned being too lazy to add details.
What details are you thinking of?
Also, how do you approach your drawing, like, what goes on in your mind when working on things like these 2 drawings you've shown?
Lastly, how long did each of these two drawings take for you to finish?

And yes, redo that sentence, as Hitorio asked.

I edited it xD
And by details I mean the sword and the samurai helm thingy with the clothes and all sorts of thingies samurai dudes have, if ya know what I mean.
When I drew the first drawing I was thinking about Sasuke doing his move that he usually does that electric thing, I don't watch Naruto so I don't know what's it called, and when I drew the second drawing I was thinking about a samurai dude holding his sword in 1 hand and blocking an attack or whatever... Soo yeah...
Back to top Go down
Hitorio
Staff
Hitorio

PostSubject: Re: CubeX's improvement log thingy!   CubeX's improvement log thingy! I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 2:04 pm

CubeX wrote:
When I drew the first drawing I was thinking about Sasuke doing his move that he usually does that electric thing, I don't watch Naruto so I don't know what's it called, and when I drew the second drawing I was thinking about a samurai dude holding his sword in 1 hand and blocking an attack or whatever...

Right; it's apparent what concepts you had in mind when you drew each pic, but... I believe when Tom asked what kinda thoughts were being crunched in your head as mental data, he meant technical stuff - things that help you determine spacing, what approaches you took to help you draw the pose, etc.

and you skipped a few more questions! Tryna dodge the barrage?! Fuck that! TANK EM ALL!!!!! WE WANT AN INTERVIEW!!!

Last edited by Hitorio on Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
CubeX

PostSubject: Re: CubeX's improvement log thingy!   CubeX's improvement log thingy! I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 2:30 pm

Hitorio wrote:
CubeX wrote:
When I drew the first drawing I was thinking about Sasuke doing his move that he usually does that electric thing, I don't watch Naruto so I don't know what's it called, and when I drew the second drawing I was thinking about a samurai dude holding his sword in 1 hand and blocking an attack or whatever...

Right; it's apparent what concepts you had in mind when you drew each pic, but... I believe when Tom asked what kinda thoughts were being crunched in your head as mental data, he meant [i]technical[/] stuff - things that help you determine spacing, what approaches you took to help you draw the pose, etc.

and you skipped a few more questions! Tryna dodge the barrage?! Fuck that! TANK EM ALL!!!!! WE WANT AN INTERVIEW!!!

Techical stuff? Well I was thinking about drawing it right, I don't know what else to say... Interviews? Hell no! xD
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

PostSubject: Re: CubeX's improvement log thingy!   CubeX's improvement log thingy! I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 3:44 pm

wtf mate you already have a log up

wtf @ the other two staff not even merging

wtf this thread is now merged

/e: so I looked at the drawing, and you desperately need a heavy dose of figure drawing 101

srs

There's nothing I can suggest to you about this piece that you wont learn in 1 hour of studying.
Back to top Go down
Hitorio
Staff
Hitorio

PostSubject: Re: CubeX's improvement log thingy!   CubeX's improvement log thingy! I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 7:29 pm

Edyrem wrote:

Spoiler:

I didn't even FUCKING NOTICE. Two threads from the same FUCKING GUY.
I guess I didn't bother to remember CubeX's FUCKING ESSENCE. How FUCKING SAD.

...You've been talking to CubeX on iRC, yeah, Remrem? Is that how you remembered his fucking essence? Or did you happen to inspect the threads?
Back to top Go down
CubeX

PostSubject: Re: CubeX's improvement log thingy!   CubeX's improvement log thingy! I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2012 8:14 am

Hitorio wrote:
Edyrem wrote:

Spoiler:

I didn't even FUCKING NOTICE. Two threads from the same FUCKING GUY.
I guess I didn't bother to remember CubeX's FUCKING ESSENCE. How FUCKING SAD.

...You've been talking to CubeX on iRC, yeah, Remrem? Is that how you remembered his fucking essence? Or did you happen to inspect the threads?
Oh sorry, but the topic was locked, I thought that it doesn't matter cause I saw some people already have two topics, sorry.
Back to top Go down
CubeX

PostSubject: Re: CubeX's improvement log thingy!   CubeX's improvement log thingy! I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2012 8:16 am

Edyrem wrote:

wtf this thread is now merged

/e: so I looked at the drawing, and you desperately need a heavy dose of figure drawing 101

srs

There's nothing I can suggest to you about this piece that you wont learn in 1 hour of studying.

Well I know that I suck ass at drawing, but I am at least trying ;P
Back to top Go down
Tom
Staff
Tom

PostSubject: Re: CubeX's improvement log thingy!   CubeX's improvement log thingy! I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2012 10:03 am

Yes, so what you should do now, is doodle your ass off.
Study first, look at how the body is shaped, how different bodyparts are sized in relation to eachother.

for example, look at the length of your arm, how long is it compared to your upper leg, for example, and how long is it compared to your torso?

By lookin at it like that, you'll at least get the width and length of every part of the body somewhat right.

Also, don't rush your entire process, take your time to UNDERSTAND what you're drawing.

You can draw something a hundred times without thinking about what you're drawing, or you can draw it 5 times while understanding what is happening in your artwork, causing you to be able to draw it correctly afterwards.
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

PostSubject: Re: CubeX's improvement log thingy!   CubeX's improvement log thingy! I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2012 3:38 pm

@Hito
No, I haven't seen him on IRC. I just had a feeling he already made a thread here.

@CubeX
Your other thread wasn't locked, which is the thread we're in right now. Don't worry, it's merged now, just start posting updates in here :P

And I'm not saying what I said just to mock you, I'm saying study the basics of figure drawing and proportions.

Decent advice Tom. Cube, take your time when drawing, as he said. The proportions Tom is talking about, all that jazz, that's part of figure drawing, so study figure drawing. Look up Vilppu's drawing manual.

If you feel lost at any point just come back here.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CubeX's improvement log thingy!   CubeX's improvement log thingy! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

CubeX's improvement log thingy!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next