Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

PLasmaghost FB Improvement Thread

Go down 
+6
Edyrem
kidkei
Touma
Jettzin
De'Andre
PLasmaghost
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
PLasmaghost

PLasmaghost

PLasmaghost FB Improvement Thread Empty
PostSubject: PLasmaghost FB Improvement Thread   PLasmaghost FB Improvement Thread I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2011 1:41 pm

http://plasmaghost01.deviantart.com/gallery/?offset=24#/d2uruhp
- First ever Full body (sorry for the sound, I was a noob)

http://www.fileize.com/view/c300afe2-30c/
- Real full body animators prolly wont consider this a real FB animation but w/e :innocent:

http://www.fileize.com/view/e02fa169-e59/
I like this one a lot and but my skeletons needed work

http://www.fileize.com/view/1a0a1767-935/
- I was watching FLCL and was inspired...but that died out QUICKLY...my roughs/skeleton style has also changed

http://www.fileize.com/view/94e4e81a-a94/
- Loved this one but the hits felt flat to me

http://www.fileize.com/view/9a520ac6-a0a/
- My latest FB anim, I started it a couple days ago

http://www.fileize.com/view/395eb7ef-797/
- I feel like I need to really improve my fluidity, but tbh this was really just a test to see if I could animate a complete character and keep it clean looking or at least mostly finished..plus Pokemon are fun to animate :P

NEW!!!
http://www.fileize.com/view/e62025f5-a8a/ ( TRIED doing more kid like proportions..but from the feedback I've received I failed lmao. )

http://www.fileize.com/view/852aed60-fe1/ I was just doodling, its nothing serious. Though i did figure out how do to certain angles WITHOUGHT using a V-cam. so I'm happy about that! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zllXLr0jJ0&list=UUDFwvlflwCJ079uFuHZeySg&index=1&feature=plcp watch me make it here lol.

http://www.fileize.com/view/a723df8d-241/ I made this yesterday at like 3am ( I woke up SO early, was bored and pooped this out <:P )
So, am I improving? :P

Last edited by PLasmaghost on Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:24 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
De'Andre

De'Andre

PostSubject: Re: PLasmaghost FB Improvement Thread   PLasmaghost FB Improvement Thread I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2011 2:18 pm

yes i believe you improved in some parts still have that messy sketchy look which i find very sexy :P
Back to top Go down
Jettzin

Jettzin

PostSubject: Re: PLasmaghost FB Improvement Thread   PLasmaghost FB Improvement Thread I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2011 3:54 pm

so much improvement
how many weeks/months/years inbetween the first and last animation?
also love the design for that metal ball guy in the second one
nice flip and the end
but what up with the green?
Back to top Go down
Touma

Touma

PostSubject: Re: PLasmaghost FB Improvement Thread   PLasmaghost FB Improvement Thread I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2011 6:28 pm

Jettzin wrote:
so much improvement
nice flip and the end

you have to keep on waiting for a while until the music gets in sync then the anim starts.

Ontopic love the anims yeah same question jettzin asked!
and how did you and your friend find psuda?
Back to top Go down
PLasmaghost

PLasmaghost

PostSubject: Re: PLasmaghost FB Improvement Thread   PLasmaghost FB Improvement Thread I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2011 9:16 pm

Jettzin wrote:
so much improvement
nice flip and the end

The first anim was made around July 20th and the last anim was started 2 days ago-ish so I'd say about a year and 1 month.

and I'm not sure how DeAndre found Psuda, but he introduced it to me
Back to top Go down
kidkei

kidkei

PostSubject: Re: PLasmaghost FB Improvement Thread   PLasmaghost FB Improvement Thread I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 12:06 am

Plasma that was so sexy man :D
it turned me ooooon
Back to top Go down
Touma

Touma

PostSubject: Re: PLasmaghost FB Improvement Thread   PLasmaghost FB Improvement Thread I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 7:36 am

kidkei wrote:
Plasma that was so sexy man :D
it turned me ooooon

Hey kidkei,

Just so you know could u put up a post in the are you new here section.
just so we all know that you are new here and you could properly introduce yourself like all the others did.
(just saying)

(and good to see you from FA)
Back to top Go down
kidkei

kidkei

PostSubject: Re: PLasmaghost FB Improvement Thread   PLasmaghost FB Improvement Thread I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 5:50 pm

Sorry Touma lol
I always forget
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

PostSubject: Re: PLasmaghost FB Improvement Thread   PLasmaghost FB Improvement Thread I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 2:22 am

You're pretty decent, buddy. Though it seems like the level of effort in each animation varied from one to the other (at least that's what I feel), so it's difficult to really gauge how much you've actually improved.

My conclusion is that you are not putting your full energy into your artwork.
Back to top Go down
SethX

SethX

PostSubject: Re: PLasmaghost FB Improvement Thread   PLasmaghost FB Improvement Thread I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 3:51 am

i've always thought that about plasmaghost. it seems he just shits out good animations, and you just know that if he tried, something glorious would happen. but i don't think he tries either <.<
Back to top Go down
kidkei

kidkei

PostSubject: Re: PLasmaghost FB Improvement Thread   PLasmaghost FB Improvement Thread I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 1:23 pm

TRY PLASMA!!!
TRYYYYY >:O
Back to top Go down
PLasmaghost

PLasmaghost

PostSubject: Re: PLasmaghost FB Improvement Thread   PLasmaghost FB Improvement Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 12:20 pm

I do try sometimes, but its just that my completed thoughts are always....broken up... and its hard to connect them, like I have a couple great ideas for an old fashion martial arts fighting animation but the thing is I cant string my ideas in a coherent path, so my anims come off as looking half assed...though they ussually are lol

thanks for the feed back people I'll put more effort into my anims from now on >:3

~O and I added a Pokemon update!
Back to top Go down
Touma

Touma

PostSubject: Re: PLasmaghost FB Improvement Thread   PLasmaghost FB Improvement Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 1:16 pm

looks great plasma even though i only know the last pokemon!
I would really like to see more fo these pokemon hehe.
Btw I would like to know did already sign up for the battle thread we have going now.
We still hope we could have more people on for more battles.
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

PostSubject: Re: PLasmaghost FB Improvement Thread   PLasmaghost FB Improvement Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 7:17 pm

Well plasma, stringing them together is part of the process of directing a good clip, so expect from yourself that you'll get good at it.

And yes, you definitely made a lot of progress by seeing how good you can do fully detailed characters. Now you know how good you can do it. Now you can begin to aim higher.
Back to top Go down
Jettzin

Jettzin

PostSubject: Re: PLasmaghost FB Improvement Thread   PLasmaghost FB Improvement Thread I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 6:35 pm

So MUCH IMPROVEMENT BRO
i have outgrown pokemon really -___-
but you and gwar make it tolerable :P
lol that aside just practice and maybe some bg stuff? :D
Back to top Go down
Hitorio
Staff
Hitorio

PostSubject: Re: PLasmaghost FB Improvement Thread   PLasmaghost FB Improvement Thread I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2011 5:59 am

Oh yeah. Dem Pokemans sexy.

That FLCL melee was stick-figure-styled as phuck. ...while being cool.

...I dunno; did you improve? Your Pokemon animation showed an emphasis on effects as opposed to movement, so I dunno if you improved, movement-wise. I do know that your cleaning was prettiful. Dem FX also rawked.

*Headbangs with no hair*
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

PostSubject: Re: PLasmaghost FB Improvement Thread   PLasmaghost FB Improvement Thread I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2011 10:00 am

You know, Hito, there's always the choice of growing an afro.
Back to top Go down
SethX

SethX

PostSubject: Re: PLasmaghost FB Improvement Thread   PLasmaghost FB Improvement Thread I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2011 10:03 am

@edyrem This is valid.

@PL uhhh... i think your movements are better, but that you didn't actually improve. i think you just TRIED for once. >.> also @hitorio his effects aare always amazing. ALWAYS.

@PL again . i've never seen you animate a detailed clean character,so i wouldn't know if you improved, but i like it. alot :D
Back to top Go down
PLasmaghost

PLasmaghost

PostSubject: Re: PLasmaghost FB Improvement Thread   PLasmaghost FB Improvement Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 2:20 pm

SORRY FOR DISAPPEARING FROM THIS FORUM! PLEASE FORGIVE MY ABSENCE!

V-V but I HAVE returned with some decent practices <:D
Back to top Go down
tocksique

tocksique

PostSubject: Re: PLasmaghost FB Improvement Thread   PLasmaghost FB Improvement Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 3:57 pm

PLasmaghost wrote:

mind showing the practices?
Back to top Go down
PLasmaghost

PLasmaghost

PostSubject: Re: PLasmaghost FB Improvement Thread   PLasmaghost FB Improvement Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 8:44 pm

tocksique wrote:
PLasmaghost wrote:

mind showing the practices?

I did lol, they're the 3 under "new" on the first page

<:1
Back to top Go down
tocksique

tocksique

PostSubject: Re: PLasmaghost FB Improvement Thread   PLasmaghost FB Improvement Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 9:32 pm

ohhh ok
Back to top Go down
Tom
Staff
Tom

PostSubject: Re: PLasmaghost FB Improvement Thread   PLasmaghost FB Improvement Thread I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 8:08 am

Good to have you back, buddy!

It seems the absence has treated your skills well. I'm liking your new anims a lot, especially the flying part!
Have you used any reference for that, links plz?

I kinda dislike the Sith anim though, the movements are hard to read because you cleaned it in a messy way. try cleaning your frames some more so it becomes easier to follow the movements.
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

PostSubject: Re: PLasmaghost FB Improvement Thread   PLasmaghost FB Improvement Thread I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 8:57 am

That shit is tight, dude. In the middle one you seem to have just listened to different sound effects and tried animating what they look like. Great stuff, dude. Inspiring entertainment right there.

Personally I've been dry for solid critiques on your animation so I went to the /ic/ IRC room and just asked them for their input. They were rather on point.
Chat on the SFX ones:
Well, that was /ic/'s input.

Here's my input now...
On the other two animations (without sfx), they're good, they're stylish, but hard to read. Aside from the spastic movements that are a bit too jumbled up for clarity (though that scrambly movement is a nice style for some situations), the angles themselves are too undecided and morphing awkwardly into different positions, yet not clearly moving or set anywhere. That's something you wanna work on, because if you remain undecided about the perspective of each angle, it's going to make your artwork less believable.

Oh hey, you're only 16? Not bad. I don't give a fuck. If you do like I did when I was your age and just assume you're talented enough not to keep training and putting yourself in uncomfortable practice drills, you're gonna waste a lot of time. So look up some shit about composition and perspective, and do a bunch of 'test' drawings as you call them (more properly known as 'studies').
Back to top Go down
PLasmaghost

PLasmaghost

PostSubject: Re: PLasmaghost FB Improvement Thread   PLasmaghost FB Improvement Thread I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 12:50 pm

Thanks Tom and Edyrem :D

I'll try to work on my "composition" more as well as clean up my movement transitions to make they easier to read.

Though I'm kinda confused about the whole "guy on the right thing" :o
should I do most of my animations position more tword the right?

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PLasmaghost FB Improvement Thread   PLasmaghost FB Improvement Thread I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

PLasmaghost FB Improvement Thread
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next