Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

/ic/ study group - let's do this

Go down 
+4
ebsketch
Hitorio
Jettzin
Edyrem
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Edyrem

Edyrem

/ic/ study group - let's do this Empty
PostSubject: /ic/ study group - let's do this   /ic/ study group - let's do this I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2013 2:14 am

http://boards.4chan.org/ic/res/1343764

In case the thing gets 404'd:
Quote :
Hey IC so another year has begun, and now starts another year to accumulate, educate and progress in our Artwork.

I've personally always been pretty lazy with studies, but this year I plan to change that. I've drafted together my monthly study plan and figured I would share the beta with you guys and maybe we can pull together some ideas so we can have a general monthly/weekly/quarterly thing going on and pull it together to make something very much like the picture attached.

Basically this is what I have so far. (starting on the 10th cos holiday stuff and whatnot got in the way)

10-11th - January - collect resource material (personally taken photographs or start collecting from the internet) buy your new art supplies clean your work area.

12-19th -January- Will be focusing on learning (or re-learning) the basics, this will consist of shading with pens, pencils, markers (no paint or digital at this time) General planes of shapes and how they fit together to make solids.

19th - We complete a full work sheet of what we have learned using them to fill out proper shading of different light sources.

20-24th - January - We look at the basics of static gesture drawings how one goes around drawing the body with no motion behind it.

24th- we complete a 40 static gesture drawings.

25th - 31st January - We start looking at How to bring what we learned from the shading studies and static gesture studies and put them to use, each day focusing on one part of the body minus the head. (that will be covered next month in more detail along with hands) So for example 25th - backs + backs inc shoulders - 26th arms + arms inc shoulders - 27th - legs etc etc

31st we provide IC with 3 finshed worksheets for critique and sharing.

What do you guys think? Could this work? Would you like to hear more from me on this everymonth?

unrelated sample schedule:

Don't need to take pictures, just need a pen and some paper. I'm doing this. Apparently it starts Jan 10
Back to top Go down
Jettzin

Jettzin

PostSubject: Re: /ic/ study group - let's do this   /ic/ study group - let's do this I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2013 1:05 pm

Good on ya mate
go for it :D
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

PostSubject: Re: /ic/ study group - let's do this   /ic/ study group - let's do this I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2013 7:57 pm

>I'm not doing this

ok fine

anyway i'm looking to do the January one and see if I wanna keep going with them.
Back to top Go down
Hitorio
Staff
Hitorio

PostSubject: Re: /ic/ study group - let's do this   /ic/ study group - let's do this I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2013 1:43 pm

Edyrem wrote:
>I'm not doing this

ok fine
Jettzin letting people down nicely. Unfortunately, though, I found it even more disappointing - from a deeper level of communication.
"I'm not doing this" implies that you observe the suggestion, you acknowledge it, then you refuse.
"Ok good luck go do it" (or something similar in nature) implies that you haven't really sincerely acknowledged the idea and are shooing it away.
Though I realize: that's not what you meant. It's just what you seem to have implied when reading your statement from one of many perspectives.
That Being Said,:
Back to top Go down
Jettzin

Jettzin

PostSubject: Re: /ic/ study group - let's do this   /ic/ study group - let's do this I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2013 5:47 pm

Nah man this is actually quite brilliant
but art is a hobby for me
Nothing truly serious and though i'd like to get better at it
that's not my prime goal in life you feel?
also love the irony at the end aha
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

PostSubject: Re: /ic/ study group - let's do this   /ic/ study group - let's do this I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2013 8:14 pm

guess you're simply not interested in doing this like i figured in the first reply. that's fine. And hitorio you ironic nigger I feel like you wrote that post just to build up the irony.

but as far as hobbyists go, jet, this isn't outside of a 'hobbyist' activity. People wouldn't look at me and say, "he's not a hobbyist, he's something more" if they see me taking part in this informal study group that might not even take off.
Back to top Go down
Hitorio
Staff
Hitorio

PostSubject: Re: /ic/ study group - let's do this   /ic/ study group - let's do this I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2013 11:49 pm

>Logs on to Psuda
>new posts
>some guy named "Edyrem"
:O Who is that sexy beast? He's not a hobbyist; he's something more!
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

PostSubject: Re: /ic/ study group - let's do this   /ic/ study group - let's do this I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2013 7:57 am

oh you...
Back to top Go down
Jettzin

Jettzin

PostSubject: Re: /ic/ study group - let's do this   /ic/ study group - let's do this I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2013 12:38 pm

True that Edyrem to some extent but like, i really do see you as something more than a hobbyist atleast at the very least a hobbyaholic .
Redundant redundancy
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

PostSubject: Re: /ic/ study group - let's do this   /ic/ study group - let's do this I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 6:14 am

yesterday did an OC session with oreo
fuck that shit is fun bros you guys should get on #psuda more and meet in realtime so we can mass OC
I can tutor you guys and shit
there's so much shit to explain

Also it's an inspiration explosion

The times I did it with Hitorio, i didn't really get how to remain inspired while paintchatting.
But I get it now.
Back to top Go down
ebsketch

ebsketch

PostSubject: Re: /ic/ study group - let's do this   /ic/ study group - let's do this I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 4:53 pm

sounds fun, about when are you on and what is OC?
Back to top Go down
oreo

oreo

PostSubject: Re: /ic/ study group - let's do this   /ic/ study group - let's do this I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2013 6:17 pm

opencanvas
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

PostSubject: Re: /ic/ study group - let's do this   /ic/ study group - let's do this I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2013 8:13 pm

and we're on about right now on fridays (my day off work), and every now and again, 1-2 hours earlier from this post's writing on any given day.
Back to top Go down
ebsketch

ebsketch

PostSubject: Re: /ic/ study group - let's do this   /ic/ study group - let's do this I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2013 9:31 pm

alright I'll make note of it and see you there :) I could use some direction.
Back to top Go down
Hitorio
Staff
Hitorio

PostSubject: Re: /ic/ study group - let's do this   /ic/ study group - let's do this I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2013 9:52 pm

Sounds like this could be awesome. Y'know?

You guys primarily doing training, or are there periods of creative diarhhea-ing?
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

PostSubject: Re: /ic/ study group - let's do this   /ic/ study group - let's do this I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 9:37 am

I'd like both, as much as possible

honestly wish I could have a session every day but due to timing complications I've only been able to do that screenshotted one with him in the 7+ days since I got my tablet.

But in general, once a week is the desired minimum.

GeoStn is into this shit too, so that's already potentially 6 people at a time if you count yourself (Hito), me, geostn, steeze, ebs, and oreo.

And there's plenty of space. We draw in 100% zoom because it's the only one that isn't pixellated and it looks perfectly fine. That means, since we can have up to 3000x3000 px canvas space, everyone will have plenty of room on their screen to draw comfortably. There's potential for some real fucking art buzzing going around on the canvas.

Although, the maximum users is 4 at a time. Either way, 4 or more users would hardly ever happen at the same time. BUT, in the case of this happening, there's a mod that can increase the amount of people. I hear it makes it only 1 layer for each person, but that's how I'd normally do OC anyway.

In the case that we'd do something so serious or w/e that it requires more than a layer for each person, then I doubt we'd have 4+ people on that particular day anyway.

All things said, I'm happy to see that you're in on it hito (gonna assume you are)
Back to top Go down
Tom
Staff
Tom

PostSubject: Re: /ic/ study group - let's do this   /ic/ study group - let's do this I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2013 4:56 pm

This OC stuff seems pretty neat, I'm going to see if I have some time to make this happen as well. my drawing skill could use some improvement as well.
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

PostSubject: Re: /ic/ study group - let's do this   /ic/ study group - let's do this I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2013 3:23 am

Well, this didn't really take off. Oh well.
Back to top Go down
Tom
Staff
Tom

PostSubject: Re: /ic/ study group - let's do this   /ic/ study group - let's do this I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2013 3:38 am

Next time try actually showing results to keep people engaged.
We can always start something for the month of february.
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

PostSubject: Re: /ic/ study group - let's do this   /ic/ study group - let's do this I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2013 4:56 am

I meant the /ic/ study group. It died quick, as some people on /ic/ predicted.

As for OC, I'm just trying to do it whenever I can with people. People keep slipping away like wet soap though. :(
Back to top Go down
Reap4u

Reap4u

PostSubject: Re: /ic/ study group - let's do this   /ic/ study group - let's do this I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2013 10:20 pm

It's not as if we are purposefully attempting to flee your invitations (most of the time) , we are just so busy with life . . . and yeah.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

PostSubject: Re: /ic/ study group - let's do this   /ic/ study group - let's do this I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2013 11:26 pm

;_;
Back to top Go down
Steeze

Steeze

PostSubject: Re: /ic/ study group - let's do this   /ic/ study group - let's do this I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2013 12:46 pm

I'm going to try and be on irc more often, and when i'm bored with my own projects, i'll jump in on an OC sesh for some tips but mostly for fun times. :)

Like i said in another post, i got it to work finally.
Back to top Go down
http://steez10.deviantart.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: /ic/ study group - let's do this   /ic/ study group - let's do this I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

/ic/ study group - let's do this
Page 1 of 1