Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Anatomy and Study Weekly Exercises

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Isaac

Anatomy and Study Weekly Exercises Empty
PostSubject: Anatomy and Study Weekly Exercises   Anatomy and Study Weekly Exercises I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2011 9:29 pm

I know we all want to get better at anatomy, and some of us might be practicing on our own. But I was thinking why not share all this, or even make weekly exercises? So that's what I'm trying to do. I'm going to continue doing these things and posting them weekly on this thread whether the rest of you do or not. Knowing that I should be posting something Like this will definitely help me stay committed.

Now what kinds of weekly exercises are we talking about? Well, if you've ever seen the "Spartan Camp" threads on conceptart.org, I want to have this be something similar. At first I'll be going into depth with the anatomy of the body.

So each week will include the selected studies, and 30 gestures. Let's try to post the weeks work every Monday.

Click for anatomy references:

-Week 1: 30 gestures (Complete)

-Week 2: Arm and shoulder study (Complete)
Click for details:

-Week 3: 30 gestures (Complete)

-Week 4: Thigh and butt study (Complete)
Click for details:

-Week 5: 30 gestures (Complete)

-Week 6: The chest and the back. (Current)
Click for details:

Last edited by darkjesus on Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:28 pm; edited 8 times in total
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

PostSubject: Re: Anatomy and Study Weekly Exercises   Anatomy and Study Weekly Exercises I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 7:54 am

Very cool concept, this may call for a move to Team Play if others get into it.
Kudos to you for starting this thread; you certainly have my participation. :)

By the way, can you tell me a bit more about these 'spartan camp' threads?
Back to top Go down
Isaac

PostSubject: Re: Anatomy and Study Weekly Exercises   Anatomy and Study Weekly Exercises I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 8:59 am

This is in team play bud.

http://conceptart.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=74

If you go down a bit there are a few of the the weeks. I figured 50 gestures would be a bit much for some people, and I would like a lot of people to participate.
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

PostSubject: Re: Anatomy and Study Weekly Exercises   Anatomy and Study Weekly Exercises I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 10:06 am

oshi-
My mind is full of fuck.

Sure, 30 sounds perfectly fine to start with :D
Are there any poses you got in mind or are we supposed to come up with our own?
Are we doing a skeleton > muscle > skin process on each of the 30 gestures? THAT sounds more like 90 drawings to me >_>
Back to top Go down
Isaac

PostSubject: Re: Anatomy and Study Weekly Exercises   Anatomy and Study Weekly Exercises I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 2:31 pm

The skeleton muscle skin thing was more for the arm and shoulder or weekly study. The gestures are to get proportions and just normal human gestures. I would say using posemaniacs would be good for the gestures. Gestures of your own works too.
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

PostSubject: Re: Anatomy and Study Weekly Exercises   Anatomy and Study Weekly Exercises I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 3:28 pm

Yeah I agree, let's use 30 different gestures from posemaniacs for our gestures, if only for the poses and angles. It doesn't have to be drawings of the posemaniacs models themselves. Or of course, creative gestures we made up.

Okay, so we got that out of the way, but where does that shoulder study come in? Are we drawing 30 body gestures this week or in-depth shoulder studying?

By the way, lurking animators: if you wish to be a better animator, then you must master the art of visualizing anatomy, then you ought to be part of this. If 30 is too much for you, how about 15 sketches? You still have our respect if you do it the easier way.
Back to top Go down
Tom
Staff
Tom

PostSubject: Re: Anatomy and Study Weekly Exercises   Anatomy and Study Weekly Exercises I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 4:47 pm

man this excercise comes at a great time! I am starting animation college in september in which I will have to draw a shitload of these excercises, so I can really get a good preparation by joining this thread.

count me in!
Back to top Go down
Isaac

PostSubject: Re: Anatomy and Study Weekly Exercises   Anatomy and Study Weekly Exercises I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 5:17 pm

I was figuring you might want to look for stuff for the studies by yourself. (others can share of course)

The gestures are every week, but then there is a study every week too. So there are two things to do each week. The studies won't always be anatomy related. I personally just want to go in depth with the anatomy stuff, so I'm starting out that way. I'm going to change this to just arm, since shoulder relates more to the middle of the body.
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

PostSubject: Re: Anatomy and Study Weekly Exercises   Anatomy and Study Weekly Exercises I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 7:32 am

I don't like that, because I prefer this to be a side hobby and not the main week's activity, and two tasks for a week gets to be a little much for me.
I'd much rather it alternate between gestures on one week and a body part study on the other week.
Back to top Go down
Isaac

PostSubject: Re: Anatomy and Study Weekly Exercises   Anatomy and Study Weekly Exercises I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 9:56 am

I would say it still only takes like 30 minutes a day. 30 gestures is 5 gestures a day, and you get to skip one day. And then for the other part you could do the bone structure one day, from memory the next, then muscles day 3, memory day 4, and skin day 5, memory day 6, and finally a review day 7.
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

PostSubject: Re: Anatomy and Study Weekly Exercises   Anatomy and Study Weekly Exercises I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 10:12 am

Dude lol this seems like a lot to add to a daily routine. That's a good hour a day right thurr. You can do that if you want but I'd rather take it slow and do gestures only this week.
Back to top Go down
Isaac

PostSubject: Re: Anatomy and Study Weekly Exercises   Anatomy and Study Weekly Exercises I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 10:14 am

Well i guess the other part could be optional, because i think gestures should be every week.
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

PostSubject: Re: Anatomy and Study Weekly Exercises   Anatomy and Study Weekly Exercises I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 10:17 am

Man, there's no need to stress about getting all these EXP points in, naw mean? Fast forward one week, you'll probably be like "fuck man, I don't feel like doing both things today..."

Think ahead bro; it wont hurt to only do gestures every other week, as with specific muscle/bone study.

It's better than nothing. And it's easier to be consistent.
Back to top Go down
Isaac

PostSubject: Re: Anatomy and Study Weekly Exercises   Anatomy and Study Weekly Exercises I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 1:47 pm

Yeah, I guess we'll just do one a week. So for Monday, 30 gestures.
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

PostSubject: Re: Anatomy and Study Weekly Exercises   Anatomy and Study Weekly Exercises I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 1:50 pm

Aww yeaaaaaaa

How many days is that from now? lol I haven't kept track of the calendar.
Back to top Go down
Isaac

PostSubject: Re: Anatomy and Study Weekly Exercises   Anatomy and Study Weekly Exercises I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 1:51 pm

It's Thursday today. So 4 days, or 5 if you include Monday.
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

PostSubject: Re: Anatomy and Study Weekly Exercises   Anatomy and Study Weekly Exercises I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 2:07 pm

Cool beans bro, I'll draw a chunk tonight.
Back to top Go down
Isaac

PostSubject: Re: Anatomy and Study Weekly Exercises   Anatomy and Study Weekly Exercises I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 4:50 pm

Well, tomorrow is Monday, and it would be nice if we could have everything for this week posted. Even if you didn't finish post what you do have.

http://www.truploader.com/view/385159

A stands for observations, which took some time.
B is from my head.
C is 90 second poses.

I'll edit this post Wednesday night or Thursday morning with the rest. I did 15 digital and 15 with pencil. I can't use a scanner at the moment though.
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

PostSubject: Re: Anatomy and Study Weekly Exercises   Anatomy and Study Weekly Exercises I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 11:55 pm

Good job mate.
Trouble is, I can't use my stylus at this time, but I can sketch on paper, I just don't have a scanner either.
Back to top Go down
Haitam

Haitam

PostSubject: Re: Anatomy and Study Weekly Exercises   Anatomy and Study Weekly Exercises I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 2:54 am

I almost forgot to post
I drew A few more in my sketchbook ,can't upload that though
the blue one I did from mind ,and the red ones are poses from posemaniacs
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Isaac

PostSubject: Re: Anatomy and Study Weekly Exercises   Anatomy and Study Weekly Exercises I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 8:42 am

Alright, this will begin week 2, which is in the first post. If you find any good references or need help, don't be afraid to ask.
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

PostSubject: Re: Anatomy and Study Weekly Exercises   Anatomy and Study Weekly Exercises I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 1:32 pm

I love this.
I'm drawing my week 1 stuff on a sketchbook, despite my tardiness.
Week 2... I'll start my arm/shoulder study sometime later this week.
Back to top Go down
Isaac

PostSubject: Re: Anatomy and Study Weekly Exercises   Anatomy and Study Weekly Exercises I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2011 1:08 pm

It's monday again. I'll be a little late for this one, I lost track of the days and all that. This week will be another 30 gestures. Post this week's stuff if you're finished!
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

PostSubject: Re: Anatomy and Study Weekly Exercises   Anatomy and Study Weekly Exercises I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 6:56 am

Damn, I'm gonna level with you; I haven't done any of this yet.

I'm just looking through that anatomy link you sent for the week 2 exercise; these illustrations are brilliant... completely shedding light on the dark corners of my knowledge. I love these pictures and explanations! The most annoying thing about muscles is not knowing what each one is for xD

For the bone/muscle/skin thing... what should the actual outcome be? What's the purpose; what are we exercising?
I think we should simply draw this 3-layer cycle of the body parts 5 times (that's 15 drawings). And for each round, do it in a unique angle compared to the other four. :D

Hopefully I'll get this shit done this week. xD

/e: Seriously, this website... http://hippie.nu/~unicorn/tut/xhtml/#basics-humananatomy

Anatomy and Study Weekly Exercises 519-sweet-jesus-have-mercy-face I can fap to it.
Back to top Go down
Isaac

PostSubject: Re: Anatomy and Study Weekly Exercises   Anatomy and Study Weekly Exercises I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 9:27 am

That's not quite what I did, but i definitely prefer doing it that way for other weeks. I've fallen sort of behind...I guess I can't use my neighbors internet at my father's house anymore.

I also thought every other week we would do a different set of muscles from that site, since it covers the whole body and divides it well. So you don't need to do it all now. Doing it gradually will put it in your long term memory rather than shoving it in your brain all at once, which makes it short term memory.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anatomy and Study Weekly Exercises   Anatomy and Study Weekly Exercises I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anatomy and Study Weekly Exercises
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next