Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Series Group

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Series Group Empty
PostSubject: Series Group   Series Group I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 9:51 pm

We should have a group on the site for series Like your own series you are making, like a discussion and things, also a section for it, it would help with developing characters and story line wile getting feedback from people you respect. But I would like it if it was only available to people in the group to avoid spoliers.
Back to top Go down
Jettzin

Jettzin

Series Group Empty
PostSubject: Re: Series Group   Series Group I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 5:42 pm

Yeah.
like kinda like a VIP group kinda deal?
anyways this should help so we can gather resources and just help people out and learn things
also feedback is nice haha
Back to top Go down
Hitorio
Staff
Hitorio

Series Group Empty
PostSubject: Re: Series Group   Series Group I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 8:40 pm

I'm up for whatever method that's used to present these stories. I won't be posting my own, but I can help others with theirs and share some wisdom.
Back to top Go down

Series Group Empty
PostSubject: Re: Series Group   Series Group I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 8:45 pm

I figured. :P Now let's get Edyrem or Tom in here to give us the Ok and make this forum, I really want to organize my thoughts and what better place than Here
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

Series Group Empty
PostSubject: Re: Series Group   Series Group I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 9:28 pm

Would you guys like if I simply made a subforum in the staff forum for this?
Back to top Go down

Series Group Empty
PostSubject: Re: Series Group   Series Group I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 9:30 pm

Yea :D But then again it's not for staff necessarily, even a new comer to the forum should be able to make a thread their if they are accepted into the group, but do it however you like man.
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

Series Group Empty
PostSubject: Re: Series Group   Series Group I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 9:46 pm

There are 3 ways to go about this that I can think of:
-restrict it to staff members, so only VIP and up can post in it.
-Let anyone view the forum, but only VIP and up can post in it. (Then again, we might as well just make it public access)
-Make an entire new member group for this and add everyone who might has a series to write about.
Back to top Go down

Series Group Empty
PostSubject: Re: Series Group   Series Group I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 9:47 pm

Option 3 :D
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

Series Group Empty
PostSubject: Re: Series Group   Series Group I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 9:57 pm

Nigga it ain't totally up to you lol, I want discuss this a little bit with whoever's concerned before making my decision.
Back to top Go down

Series Group Empty
PostSubject: Re: Series Group   Series Group I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 9:58 pm

Nobody els is online now D: and I described option 3 in the first post, no one disagreed
Back to top Go down
Malfunction

Malfunction

Series Group Empty
PostSubject: Re: Series Group   Series Group I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 11:02 pm

I don't even really understand the point of this. A forum to describe series' specifically? How often will that even be posted in?
Sounds like you want a place specifically for you to discuss something you're doing right now lol.
Back to top Go down

Series Group Empty
PostSubject: Re: Series Group   Series Group I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 11:11 pm

Me and Jet are almost always thinking and discussing about our series, I doubt were the only animators like this, and yeah it's ganna benefit me, but not just me :P
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

Series Group Empty
PostSubject: Re: Series Group   Series Group I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 11:59 pm

@De8; I'd rather wait till other people responded, because, especially with Mal confirming what I already felt, I'm not 100% on board with making an extra forum for what is probably going to be less than 5 threads, optimistically lol. I'm sure it wouldn't cause spam if you just posted a thread about your series, whether in the privacy of the staff forum or in the public eyes of the artistic discussion forum.

Haven't you already made a thread about your series? Why don't you just update it?
Back to top Go down
Malfunction

Malfunction

Series Group Empty
PostSubject: Re: Series Group   Series Group I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 3:20 am

Surely that's something that's more entertaining over IRC, or you could even set up a free forum to collate your ideas. That's what I've done with games I've been working on.
And why not discuss it publicly? Nobody's gonna steal your ideas and it might be worthwhile getting some outside opinion.
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

Series Group Empty
PostSubject: Re: Series Group   Series Group I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 4:34 am

Well frankly, if I thought he should go as far as making a free forum for it I would've made the subforum already.
Back to top Go down
Malfunction

Malfunction

Series Group Empty
PostSubject: Re: Series Group   Series Group I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 4:58 am

Well I meant if it was a personal thing, like he needed somewhere to discuss it with people. Rather than use this site for his personal interests.
Back to top Go down

Series Group Empty
PostSubject: Re: Series Group   Series Group I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 12:57 pm

I wouldn't want to make it public because people have stole my ideas, last time I made a series people ripped it off because they were faster at production (noobs who made their series in a few days) Also I want to get feed back from people on this forum, If I made my own forum I would be getting feedback from people who don't know a good series and would say it's great and kiss my ass. I don't want that, and It would probably only be like 5 threads for now you're right, but the site is fairly small now, and I don't want to update my thread because people will be able to read all about my series without even signing up for Psuda.
Back to top Go down
Hitorio
Staff
Hitorio

Series Group Empty
PostSubject: Re: Series Group   Series Group I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 8:41 pm

To re-engage this thread, I don't think that a subforum should be made specifically for story discussion.
Firstly, Psuda is a fetus. We're amassing power and gears necessary to breathe life into this place. Making an entire writing subforum for something that can really be covered in a thread or two in the Artistic Discussion is far too premature. We're not even that famous yet; Let's not dig holes that no one'll use. They tend to rot and emanate stank.
The second (and not as bright) point: an entire subforum meant specifically for series writing is impractical, as you guys may've thought of in hindsight. Easy adjustment to make. A subforum that belongs in our main media section should be expanded to the entirety of writing, be it literature, scriptwriting, and other jazz of that nature.

I think: When We Grow. Not now.

...personal thoughts on sharing storylines, I would really not share that schitt. I'd post about drills, exercises, techniques, assistance in other aspects, but the details of a story are very sensitive tidbits of info, only to be discussed between those in the same project. For a scriptwriter, the series is his fuckin' soul when he's in employment. When we become more known, we shouldn't release our most precious ideas that we plan to pump into a piece of media before it's ready. I mean, that involves treating ideas like they're pure property, which is not an artistic value. In the professional world, though, they are pure property. People will fuck you by taking them and using them to crank out success. I got plagiarized from! Me, who has not a drop of fame! Some slick guy who'd been posting sprite animations that weren't his as well as a fullbody battle animation of mine blatantly presented it as his. Imagine that on a larger scale...and with money involved. It'll happen if we don't Spartan up.
Back to top Go down

Series Group Empty
PostSubject: Re: Series Group   Series Group I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 8:44 pm

Great idea Hito!
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

Series Group Empty
PostSubject: Re: Series Group   Series Group I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 10:31 pm

I know a few people who would benefit from a writing section here.

De8, you probably shouldn't reveal much info of your story at all, other than in msn or something. That plagiarism is a serious issue.

And it's pretty much a unanimous agreement that creative writing doesn't call for its own subforum just yet.

However, there is a simple thing we can do for now, which is to just open a writing thread in AD. You know, anything and everything writing, poetry, stories, whatever. Who wants to do the honors? :P
Back to top Go down

Series Group Empty
PostSubject: Re: Series Group   Series Group I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 10:33 pm

Pass.
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

Series Group Empty
PostSubject: Re: Series Group   Series Group I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 5:23 am

>"Great idea Hito!"

>"Pass."

Series Group Physical-abuse

I DON'T UNDERSTAND HOW YOU THINK
Back to top Go down

Series Group Empty
PostSubject: Re: Series Group   Series Group I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 1:00 pm

Cool story bro.
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

Series Group Empty
PostSubject: Re: Series Group   Series Group I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 8:46 pm

>Petitions for writing section.
>Doesn't like something for an unknown reason.
>Bails on whole thing without further explanation.
>"Cool story bro."

Tryina provide what you want here, and then you pull this shit.
See, this is why we can't have nice things. -_-
Back to top Go down

Series Group Empty
PostSubject: Re: Series Group   Series Group I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 9:05 pm

Sorry, I'm completely up for the idea still, I honestly just don't have any written story prepared, and I don't feel like I have any of it thought out well enough yet to go ahead and write out I'm just not up for starting the thread is all. I wasn't trying to make you think I wasn't still up for the idea though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Series Group Empty
PostSubject: Re: Series Group   Series Group I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Series Group
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next