Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ok guys, I need your help!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Tom
Staff
Tom

Ok guys, I need your help! Empty
PostSubject: Ok guys, I need your help!   Ok guys, I need your help! I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 24, 2010 3:56 pm

I've been working on an animation as an assignment for a college, I will have to show it during the interview I'm getting there..
I have to be there Monday, so I don't really have time to change anything..

That's where you come in..

I need you guys to tell me what to avoid when showing my animation and on what parts I should lay emphasis in my explanation of the anim.
Basically, hide the weak, focus on the strong parts.
You guys need to tell me what I can say/ use in the interview and what to try and avoid.

The animation:
http://www.truploader.com/view/457573

As you can see, it's not finished.. I was planning on animating a character on top of the white rough draft that you see currently, but I have the charactersheet with me monday so I can hopefully back that up.
( they also said it's not about the final animation that I show, but more the way how it came to be )
Tell me what you guys think..
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

PostSubject: Re: Ok guys, I need your help!   Ok guys, I need your help! I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 10:37 am

Ooh... it looks like I was too late to respond before your intereview. Sorry bro :( Internet got cut off for a few days.

How'd it go anyway?
Back to top Go down
Tom
Staff
Tom

PostSubject: Re: Ok guys, I need your help!   Ok guys, I need your help! I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 11:41 am

Well I need to wait for 2 to 3 weeks at most before i get the results in from the interview.

I couldn't really tell from how the responded whether they liked it or not.. so I'm still left completely in the dark about my chances..
Back to top Go down
Shea

Shea

PostSubject: Re: Ok guys, I need your help!   Ok guys, I need your help! I_icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 5:30 pm

hm so did you show this to get into the college or was it like for a class?
Back to top Go down
Tom
Staff
Tom

PostSubject: Re: Ok guys, I need your help!   Ok guys, I need your help! I_icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 5:32 pm

I showed this.. now I have to wait until the end of next week at most to hear the outcome..
I showed this and a lot of drawings..
Back to top Go down
Shea

Shea

PostSubject: Re: Ok guys, I need your help!   Ok guys, I need your help! I_icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 6:32 pm

hm ok. I didnt HAVE to show any animations to get into my school, but thats cause most people who want to animate can already draw. well gl man.
Back to top Go down
Tom
Staff
Tom

PostSubject: Re: Ok guys, I need your help!   Ok guys, I need your help! I_icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 6:34 pm

I didn't get accepted, got a letter earlier this week..

I called them for an explanation, as there was none in the letter I got, but they told me to call back monday, perhaps the administration department can help me out.. so fingers crossed to get some answers.
Back to top Go down
Shea

Shea

PostSubject: Re: Ok guys, I need your help!   Ok guys, I need your help! I_icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 9:19 pm

hm well what school are you trying to get in?
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

PostSubject: Re: Ok guys, I need your help!   Ok guys, I need your help! I_icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 10:27 am

Tomvanharmelen wrote:
I didn't get accepted, got a letter earlier this week..

I called them for an explanation, as there was none in the letter I got, but they told me to call back monday, perhaps the administration department can help me out.. so fingers crossed to get some answers.

Good, when they explain (hopefully), you can know what to work on to become university material.

If you're really dedicated to animating and want to be something in the animation industry, use all your free time to practice hardcore animating, don't even take that many breaks, just go for 3-5 hours every day. That's what shows character and that's whats gonna get you accepted.
On thing is for certain: no matter what the reason they didn't accept you, you know you're gonna need to go through some hardcore training, 30 hours a week or something.

The question is, is this important enough for you?
Back to top Go down
Tom
Staff
Tom

PostSubject: Re: Ok guys, I need your help!   Ok guys, I need your help! I_icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 11:04 am

I'm aware of what you are saying, and I do agree. I will do as much animation as possible, but can't live my days without a rythm anymore, as I have sort of found a job.
no more all-nighters or going on untill 3 AM.
I will however continue animating as much as possible in the evenings. as I am already doing now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ok guys, I need your help!   Ok guys, I need your help! I_icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 1:14 pm

Going to college is beneficial i plan to go as well BUT if you dont get into college its not a big deal, Alot of people who get into computer animation start as manga artists and have not prior animation experience. Almost all of the cartoonnetwork and adult swim shows are animated buy manga artists or cartoon artists (like news paper comic artist) in other words its not the end of the world.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ok guys, I need your help!   Ok guys, I need your help! I_icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 1:15 pm

BTW the animation is a bit shaky and i would add more background detail plus its a bit hard to tell whats going on. When i apply to college i will have alot of basic animations (kicking, punching, flips) and maybe a couple big elaborate animations. So that they know thats you have the basic skill.
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

PostSubject: Re: Ok guys, I need your help!   Ok guys, I need your help! I_icon_minitimeSat May 15, 2010 6:21 am

Quote :
I'm aware of what you are saying, and I do agree. I will do as much animation as possible, but can't live my days without a rythm anymore, as I have sort of found a job.
no more all-nighters or going on untill 3 AM.
I will however continue animating as much as possible in the evenings. as I am already doing now.

nice nice, also every night to get the most training possible, make sure your brain is completely stimulated by the animation for as long as possible.

If you start feeling tension in your brain area, [not that your brain feels anything]

then it means you're pushing yourself. Keep welcoming that difficult feeling to the point that you get even more happy when you feel it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ok guys, I need your help!   Ok guys, I need your help! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ok guys, I need your help!
Page 1 of 1