Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hand movements test

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
kauza

Hand movements test Empty
PostSubject: Hand movements test   Hand movements test I_icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 1:27 am

A quick joint with me and leozer0 =P

http://www.truploader.com/view/629839

We took turns on drawing each frame
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

PostSubject: Re: Hand movements test   Hand movements test I_icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 3:07 am

Wow, what a concept (the taking turns per frame/pose)

I'd like to try that with one of my friends sometime.

On topic, interesting result but nothing special. The movement was plain.
Back to top Go down
kauza

PostSubject: Re: Hand movements test   Hand movements test I_icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 6:16 am

yea this is our first try at animating a hand so we kept the movements plain and simple :D
and we also find it quite difficult drawing hands
Back to top Go down
Hitorio
Staff
Hitorio

PostSubject: Re: Hand movements test   Hand movements test I_icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 8:06 am

...did you guys animate using the line+line editing tool? The lines look a bit too...stiff and non-lifelike...a bit too..mechanical. If you sketched it first, then went over the sketch with the line tool, I'm not sure what the problem is. I've seen the line tool used to go over pro-animations to give them their smooth look, but I haven't experimented enough with it to distinguish between the approach that gives line-stiffness and the approach that gives fuild crispness.
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

PostSubject: Re: Hand movements test   Hand movements test I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 2:26 am

Hitorio wrote:
...did you guys animate using the line+line editing tool? The lines look a bit too...stiff and non-lifelike...a bit too..mechanical. If you sketched it first, then went over the sketch with the line tool, I'm not sure what the problem is. I've seen the line tool used to go over pro-animations to give them their smooth look, but I haven't experimented enough with it to distinguish between the approach that gives line-stiffness and the approach that gives fuild crispness.

I think it's really just about the quality of each drawing as you go over it. Just staying true to the illusion of the shape, seeing beyond the lines themselves. That's what distinguishes between clean stiff lines and clean fluid lines.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hand movements test   Hand movements test I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hand movements test
Page 1 of 1