Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hand Drawings

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Jettzin

Jettzin

Hand Drawings Empty
PostSubject: Hand Drawings   Hand Drawings I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 2:47 pm

Hand Drawings Handsketches12-23-10
Just some hand drawings to get out of my comfort zone
but i used references for most :P
ugh...
anyways special thanks to de8 ;P
1. De8's hand reference topic
2. Hand drawn in iscribble by de8 which i somehow remebered how the angle works :P
3.No reference cool
4. used my right hand for reference
5.Looked at my hand a couple of times for the fingers but i made the bottom with no reference(if that makes any sense)
6. Another de8 post i saw, but i used my tablet hand for ref.
All in all im glad they dont look too bad
the sketchiness makes it look better tho -_- lol
less than an hour of drawing
mostly do to looking at my tablet hand stops me from drawing :tease:
Back to top Go down
Haitam

Haitam

Hand Drawings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hand Drawings   Hand Drawings I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 4:25 pm

most of them look pretty accurate ,
the finger pointing at 4 looks too round ,and 2 has no wrist though.
keep drawing them over and over again and you'll be able to draw them easily without reference .
Back to top Go down
Hitorio
Staff
Hitorio

Hand Drawings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hand Drawings   Hand Drawings I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 6:35 pm

So from what I'm seeing here, you are stroking the hands and forming their lines from habit and not from creative envisioning and mental 3D mapping. They say that the hands are the hardest part of the body to draw. I wouldn't say so...if the artist were focused. Hands are just the easiest to fuck up. They're not only an extension of the body, but they're more complex appendages that are capable of expression. Check out your hands. Move it in many sorts of positions. If you notice, the palm of the hand seems to be broken into certain sections. When you map a complex hand position, remember to envision the semi-joints of the palm that you aren't outlining in your pic above.

Hand Drawings Examplesforjettzin
Back to top Go down
Jettzin

Jettzin

Hand Drawings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hand Drawings   Hand Drawings I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 7:16 pm

lol i draw everything from habit :P
i guess i cant 3d map image cuz im not up there with you edyrem and de8struction
probably due to the lack of practice, which will change of course
SLOWLY :)
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

Hand Drawings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hand Drawings   Hand Drawings I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 8:58 pm

I think Hitorio's advice was rock-solid. <3

I agree with G-war about the foreshortened finger in 4. It's not perfectly round if you look hard enough.
It has a variety of shapes from person to person, and the nails have certain arches to them that also vary, as well as the thickness of the finger's joints, and the indentations between the joints. Some people have stubby fingers with no real indentations.

:D I like the cartoony feel in number 2. Something about its basic anatomy is very pleasing from a cartoony standpoint.
*cough* I - I mean... HEY, YOUR ANATOMY IS NOT REALISTIC!!! ITS WRONG !!!

Quote :
i guess i cant 3d map image cuz im not up there with you edyrem and de8struction

Imagining an object's details isn't something you can't do :)
Just start right away, that's how it gets good <3
Back to top Go down
Isaac

Hand Drawings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hand Drawings   Hand Drawings I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 9:18 pm

For the most part they're pretty accurate, I have nothing to add to what has been said. But what I would like to add is that this Would help for drawing hands without reference. I realize it is a little long, but it's helpful.
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

Hand Drawings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hand Drawings   Hand Drawings I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 10:09 pm

Also I want to mention that I like Hitorio's bottom-righthand drawing of a hand. The one with the fingers touching a surface - it's full of form.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hand Drawings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hand Drawings   Hand Drawings I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hand Drawings
Page 1 of 1