Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

some sketches/drawings

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Haitam

Haitam

some sketches/drawings Empty
PostSubject: some sketches/drawings   some sketches/drawings I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 2:16 pm

I recently went back to drawing again ,here are some of them (most of them are traditional drawings)
line art
Spoiler:

luffy
Spoiler:

realistic try
Spoiler:

puppeteer
Spoiler:

cold weather idk...
Spoiler:

perspective
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Duo

Duo

PostSubject: Re: some sketches/drawings   some sketches/drawings I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 9:07 pm

I like them all. The first one though, not as much. The realism one is my favorite.
Back to top Go down
Haitam

Haitam

PostSubject: Re: some sketches/drawings   some sketches/drawings I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 24, 2010 6:10 am

Can you tell me why you don't like the first one as much ?
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

PostSubject: Re: some sketches/drawings   some sketches/drawings I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 24, 2010 5:00 pm

Very nice, G-war :)
For now, let me just comment on the first one and I can delve into the others later, since it's hard to discuss them all at once.

I thought the linework was very nice and clean-looking, Also, the anatomy was generally good, there was nice wrinkle-age on the waist area, and you put nice, clean detailing on the denim seams and pocket.

Thing is, though, the lines get a little awkward looking at the hair area, like they're stiff, or you had trouble keeping your hand totally steady. And the girl's brow is way too outward, it makes her look like those prehistoric humans or something xD
Just use a reference when you feel awkward about any part of the body or face... trust me, just when you think you got it, you look at google images and then you facepalm yourself. It happens to me all the time. And the blade is unusually short and the hilt is unusually long - was that on purpose?
Where'd you get the inspiration for this one anyway? :)
Back to top Go down
Haitam

Haitam

PostSubject: Re: some sketches/drawings   some sketches/drawings I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 24, 2010 5:41 pm

Damn i didn't even notice the brow part :|,it stands out the most now that i've looked at it carefully .
this was made months ago btw ,it's the oldest drawing of the bunch.

I made lines by using the lasso tool on photoshop and filling them with the paint bucket , so I just didn't make as much vector points as i should have on the hair part.<-- I rushed it basicly .

The blade is drawn like that on purpose ,it's a style thing I guess.
I saw something similar and thought it looked awesome.

I just drew something on paper with a balpoint and just went with it ,it looked awesome to clean up so I did,I don't really think I had a specific source of inspiration (or maybe I just forgot).
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

PostSubject: Re: some sketches/drawings   some sketches/drawings I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 25, 2010 4:54 am

Oh MAN, that's an unusual way to draw. Sure takes good patience to use that method... you, my friend, are an artist ;)

So your sword proportions were totally on purpose, and thus, nothing is particularly wrong with it, so I'm gonna give it my A+! Nice H signature btw. ;P

On to your next drawing... the pencil-drawn luffy fury!
I'm going to have to point out that the hair looks like a wig or something... like it all sprouted from the top middle of the head. It's mainly just the way you made the lines curve when you filled the hair. You chose to draw the hair in chunks as if it really was some kind of plant that sprouted from his head.
I suggest:

some sketches/drawings Untitl11
Back to top Go down
Haitam

Haitam

PostSubject: Re: some sketches/drawings   some sketches/drawings I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 25, 2010 5:54 am

thanks for critisizing .:D
hmm I looked for some reference pictures of luffy on google ,and saw some fanart luffys with hair coming out of one point.
" choose reference more wisely " noted.
the drawing big chunks of hair is part very true ,I just pictured him like that .
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

PostSubject: Re: some sketches/drawings   some sketches/drawings I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 25, 2010 6:04 am

lol yeah, always opt for the most original sources.

Basically, always look at the real life examples first, and if you can't, look at the original artist's work first, if that's what you're going for.
Just never blind yourself to the influence of someone else's expression of real life things. I mean, even if you are studying the artist, you'd do well to observe what HE is observing!!!

It's like an expression Bruce Lee coined, AFAIK, "Don't look at the finger pointing to the moon, or you'll miss all that heavenly glory."

I'm sure you can think of times in your artistic life where this lesson was / would've been handy!
Back to top Go down
Hitorio
Staff
Hitorio

PostSubject: Re: some sketches/drawings   some sketches/drawings I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 25, 2010 1:41 pm

Eddeh-rem already covered the first image of the swordswoman, who I think looks nice...until you reach her shoulders and upward.

...Monkey D. Luffy. I've gotta say, Luffy looks furious as phuck. He turns on his beast mode during battle, but when he goes Gear 2nd, he exudes a more calm, badass demeanor. The steam doesn't blast out; it steadily rises from his pores. His Gear 2nd pose would've been great for that pic. This one looks a bit more OOC-ish. I've never seen him assume such an aggressive DBZ pose as he shifts gears. He usually just relaxes his upper body and rests his hands on his knees to let the blood circulate without disruption. Check out the anatomic foot structure, too. Luffy's left foot appears to be kinda sausage-ish; imagine a Jet Axe or Jet Whip with it! :S Rem already pointed out the hair issue, which was what got to me at first. Everything else, though, *thumbs up*

"Realistic Try"
...realistic success. Looks gewd, mayne! If you think it looks better, smooth out those lines, though.

"Puppeteer" is my favorite one of the group. It just looks pwnage. Maybe the crispness of the jacket shading and the blur of the Bird's wings' (fire?) attributed to that....
...I'm checking out the shading a bit closer and notice that the bird's fucking glowing. It's glowing. This guy... is no orginary puppeteer. :P Just look at his hair blowing in the wind. He can't be ordinary.

It snowed a lot today, so you decided to weave an elaborate hat and scarf for that girl. It's the center of attention here, and she looks as if she enjoys it. You could've drawn pictures, but for her, you sew clothing. Such a nice guy. But wait-- it looks as if her neck is pretty devoid of body fat, y'know? Health-ify her immediately! Health is more important than clothing, you know! There's something about the corner of her right eye, though... that look she's giving us... I think she secretly wants revenge against you for the neck. It's a minor problem, so she didn't make too big of a deal, but I suggest that you make it up to her by suturing it.
Judging from how her hair is blowing, she appears to be outside or by a window with a strong current. Judging by how her boobs are close to penetrating the jacket, I'm guessing it's pretty damn thin. You took her outside to pose for a picture with that thin of a jacket? I'm starting to empathize with her, man. You're in hot water now.

Judging by how hunched over perspective guy is, I'm guessing he's on some sort of secret mission. In that outfit, though? I'm guessing he doesn't live on Earth. He seems to be slightly 2-D as well. I don't think his muscles and waistline would be that efficient if they're that flat. Carve him out a bit more. The bones and muscles protrude at certain areas when you look at something from above, mayne. He looks good, though. I wonder where he went for his tats.
Back to top Go down
Haitam

Haitam

PostSubject: Re: some sketches/drawings   some sketches/drawings I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 25, 2010 2:23 pm

I thought the gear second pose was done too many times,and I was going for an angry luffy,(while unintentionally thinking of dbz haha )I lol'd when you critisized his left foot.

The puppeteer is controling a small phoenix like creature, so I made the bird glow.
(I like to use my eraser to make shit glow and make highlights lol)

hahaha I tend to focus on some parts of my drawings and really draw out every detail and spend less
time on the remaining parts.
You can really notice that in this drawing,I focused more on her hat and face than the rest .

If there was still an edit button I would have changed the name to" another perspective try "in my last drawing.
I've been struggling with drawing this pose for quite some time .
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

PostSubject: Re: some sketches/drawings   some sketches/drawings I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 25, 2010 3:20 pm

Hitorio wrote:
Eddeh-rem already covered the first image of the swordswoman, who I think looks nice...until you reach her shoulders and upward.
Maybe she's a butter-face.

Now for my favorite one, the realism drawing!

You're quite good at it from what I can see. You shouldn't hide the rest of the face or else we can't adequately measure your skill.... UNLESS YOU'D PREFER TO KEEP IT THAT WAY :angry: HRRM HRRM... :P kidding. I like to keep it pretty with the minimalistic look too, if that's what you are guilty of. Sometimes the viewer's eyes just fill in the blanks better than your pen. Not forever, though, because we be trainin' dawg!

Anyway, the shading and shaping are very natural looking. My favorite part of all is the eyebrow. It's just very accurate-looking, even if it's as simple as some zig zags. You nailed it.

I also appreciate the subtle texture and shading under the eye. It looks like a youthful face, but even youths have those 'bags' to a very little extent, which you took into consideration when you were shading. My friend, keep that extra-mile attitude if you want yo achieve photorealistic artwork.

I guess I could comment on two at once... why not!

The puppeteer is very, very good. I find pencils to be a huge hassle and just endlessly messy, but you fought that tide and even used the little eraser techniques to carve the prettiest flat image you could. For that, I salute you. I noticed it's a phoenix right away. Well, not right away. I only looked closely at the bird when Hitorio said it's glowing, in which case I realized it's a an inflamed phoenix! You put good effort in keeping a detailed spectrum of light shades, as shown in the bright part of his top already seemingly white, yet you made sure to shade it a little bit so that you could highlight the wrinkles on his torso even more. Though there was quite a gap in the light shading and the dark shading, you showed noteworthy effort in keeping the accurate light source, though it could've been done more subtly.

The buttons seem texture-less and his right hand has fingers that are too long to be healthy. But the left hand (our right) was done beautifully.

So where'd you get the inspiration for his fashion design?!
Back to top Go down
Haitam

Haitam

PostSubject: Re: some sketches/drawings   some sketches/drawings I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 25, 2010 5:56 pm

I think I should mention that I used a reference picture when I drew the realism pic (in case you haven't thought of that )..,this is also why I hid the rest of her face ,there wasn't anything to draw.

I thought of magician clothing,I haven't drawn this but if I would have drawn his whole body I would extend his jacket so it could be like a cloak or something .i drew his clothing keeping that in mind.

Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

PostSubject: Re: some sketches/drawings   some sketches/drawings I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 26, 2010 6:17 am

Well I'll be fucked if you weren't using a reference! No shame in that stuff, it's not like you're tracing. It's a legit piece of work. How long do you think you took for that, btw? :) How long for all of 'em, actually!
_________

I see it now... you made the big-ass collar for that magician's cloak, which probably comes from your mang/a/nime influence.
Back to top Go down
Haitam

Haitam

PostSubject: Re: some sketches/drawings   some sketches/drawings I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 26, 2010 6:37 am

The realistic one probably took about a half hour because it was a smaller drawing other ones longer.
I don't really know the exact time ,I don't really keep track of time while drawing.

Edyrem wrote:

I see it now... you made the big-ass collar for that magician's cloak, which probably comes from your mang/a/nime influence.

Yeah, I've probably seen that somewhere and it got stuck in my head .
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

PostSubject: Re: some sketches/drawings   some sketches/drawings I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 26, 2010 8:13 am

Ha, I don't keep track either, and I probably take a lot longer than I think. I like to believe I have so much fun doing it that what I spent 2 hours on felt like 45 minutes.

On one hand, it's just a testament to how much fun I have on it.
On the other hand, I'm fast.

Either one is awesome!

Also, your post apparently was posted Today at 13:37
Back to top Go down
Haitam

Haitam

PostSubject: Re: some sketches/drawings   some sketches/drawings I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 26, 2010 9:11 am

The realistic drawing probably took longer than 30 minutes haha ,actually I don't really know .
I said 30 minutes based on my regular drawing speed .Heck if i'm having fun drawing I don't really care how long it took.
I always try to finish drawings in one go though,because if i try to finish a drawing sometime later I don't have the inspiration I got when I started the drawing ,ya know ?

btw you meant 14:37 ?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: some sketches/drawings   some sketches/drawings I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

some sketches/drawings
Page 1 of 1