Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My Series Thread

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

My Series Thread Empty
PostSubject: My Series Thread   My Series Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 8:54 pm

Name Unannounced

Characters-

Set (Protagonist)
Spoiler:
Sai
Spoiler:

1 armed man (I need to think of a name)
Spoiler:

[spoiler]
Traits:
Clothing:
Abilities:
Personality:
Purpose:
Goals:
Background:
[spoiler]

OTH

Last edited by De8struction on Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:18 pm; edited 23 times in total
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

My Series Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Series Thread   My Series Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 2:45 am

Oh boy :D
Looks like both of us got rocket-boosted by that iscribble session xD

This is a pretty original concept, as far as I know (making the vague connection between the series for fans to speculate about).
I can imagine you making an OVA after many years of the series that connects both main characters. The stuff that will make the fans jizz themselves the way that Naruto vs Sasuke OVA made me.

I think a good system to build a story on is by the whole mathematical principle that I'm about to demonstrate. As an animator who understands easing, it will make a lot of sense to you. :P

Think about a line that goes from point A to point B. Simple.
|----------------------------------------|
Now, to get past point A and get to point B, you'd have to cross the middle point, right?
|-------------------|--------------------|
And to get from there to point B, you'd have to get past the middle of that, right?
|-------------------|----------|---------|
And you'd have to reach the point between those, right?
|-------------------|----------|----|----|
And between those?
|-------------------|----------|----|--|-|
And those?
|-------------------|----------|----|--|-||

Basically, this is the popular math concept of fitting an infinite amount within a limited barrier. It's possible because the things would get exactly small enough for each new one. It just jams an infinite amount of units into that little corner.

But let me digress a little and bring up the point; maybe it's a good technique to build the story from point A to B, and keep putting twists and obstacles in the middle and let the story unfold with that layout.

Now, I'm no story writer so I didn't try this and it's not some proved method... in fact, professional story writers surely have thought of this before, and they may or may not use it for whatever reason.

But to illustrate how this could work, look at this parody video of the lord of the rings.
Spoiler:
It gets you wondering....
Imagine starting the story that way, then just adding obstacles and problems, one by one, until the story becomes long enough to take up a whole fucking trilogy!

:P Now, there is a way this could be bad... it might be obvious that you're just pulling obstacles out of your ass if you don't do it with a little finesse, or it could be an interesting plot with engaging challenges, plot twists, and drama that keep the viewer attached.
Back to top Go down

My Series Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Series Thread   My Series Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 2:58 am

I'll kinda be doing that for my series Haha

ehh I wrote a whole example but I don't want to spoil that part haha
but don't worry I picked up a story writing book
called comickers should do the trick
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

My Series Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Series Thread   My Series Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 7:23 am

hmm, I might look it up.

Does anyone else fantasize about doing a series like de8 is here?
Back to top Go down
Jettzin

Jettzin

My Series Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Series Thread   My Series Thread I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 11:10 am

yeah i do edyrem
have some ideas in mind
but im more focusing on obtaining bettter drawing and animation skill before i do a series :P
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

My Series Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Series Thread   My Series Thread I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 10:40 pm

good stuff :D you must animate stuff like that RIGHT NOW.

They don't have to be official for your series, but you need to be familiar with the experience of animating it before you animate it. It's NOT a waste of time because of two big reasons:

1.) If you don't do this, you'll never make a series because you'll never think you're good enough.

2.) Animating is awesome.
Back to top Go down

My Series Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Series Thread   My Series Thread I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 6:57 am

I dont think im good enugh yet either but it dosnt hurt to orgnize ideas before you start thats what im doing
Back to top Go down
Haitam

Haitam

My Series Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Series Thread   My Series Thread I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 7:17 am

I'm thinking about doing a series too ,but I'm still in the brainstorming fase.
It's extremly hard to write something that hasn't been done before or to not write something cliché.
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

My Series Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Series Thread   My Series Thread I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 6:08 pm

Word, Haitam... you have to just let your own inspiration flow so you can get a good story.

And like I said, De8, just animate that stuff so you know you can do it - you don't have to animate your own story.
Back to top Go down

My Series Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Series Thread   My Series Thread I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 12:21 pm

Small update:)
Back to top Go down

My Series Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Series Thread   My Series Thread I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 3:48 pm

Another small update :3
Sai has a new drawing under it and a new character (not defined yet)
Also some outfit roughs for Sets animal fur roab thing :S and Island Set
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

My Series Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Series Thread   My Series Thread I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My Series Thread
Page 1 of 1