Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Glorified Hand

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
0lelouch0

0lelouch0

Glorified Hand Empty
PostSubject: Glorified Hand   Glorified Hand I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 7:49 am

Not too sure why I done this. I just remembered this old picture I done on Flash like this one. Thought I might try it again on Photoshop.
Not sure it's very "atomically correct" I won't be editing it much, at least not any major things like finger size's and positions, just too much work.
Critic is welcome though, I'm sure it'll be very useful for future hand drawings XD

The whole idea of the picture is based off some Tool fan art. Which may explain a lot <.<

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Isaac

Glorified Hand Empty
PostSubject: Re: Glorified Hand   Glorified Hand I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 4:33 pm

It is very pretty looking. For the most part it seems accurate, but the index finger seems like it is in a somewhat impossible position. The palm also looks a little long. The blue and red things (veins and arteries?) look kind of messy. Otherwise it's very nice.
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

Glorified Hand Empty
PostSubject: Re: Glorified Hand   Glorified Hand I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 6:16 pm

Dark's comments are spot on.

I applaud the amount of strokes you put into it, though. I noticed that you gave that mold in the palm that shows the inner workings of the finger tendons, but you're missing the palm markings that every hand has.
Back to top Go down
0lelouch0

0lelouch0

Glorified Hand Empty
PostSubject: Re: Glorified Hand   Glorified Hand I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 2:05 am

Thanks for the comments. The red and purple lines are arteries/veins and they are very messy >.> I didn't bother to draw them properly XD. I done this drawing in like 10 mins wif my tablet.
I don't think I am going to do many more drawings like this tho.
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

Glorified Hand Empty
PostSubject: Re: Glorified Hand   Glorified Hand I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 5:40 am

It's a lot funner to do complicated bodily stuff when you're looking at an accurate diagram or picture of such - you learn so much about the design of it.

By 'drawings like this' do you mean with the veins?

Btw, if that hand was skinless, the muscles should show, and you'd have to look up the way the hand/arm muscles are composed so you can make it right.
Back to top Go down
0lelouch0

0lelouch0

Glorified Hand Empty
PostSubject: Re: Glorified Hand   Glorified Hand I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 5:45 am

Yeah. I was thinking that I should look up all the muscles and bones etc. on the internet. But I think that my desired effect was meant to be a more abstract hand. And I'm just bloody lazy <.<.
And by "drawings like this" I meant that I'm probly gonna just stick with manga :P ... But for some reason. Your comment has made me wanna draw a more accurate hand >.<
Can' right now tho :P doing some manga stuff XD
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

Glorified Hand Empty
PostSubject: Re: Glorified Hand   Glorified Hand I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 5:53 am

Oh, well I guess that's fair if you're going for the abstract look that doesn't make sense. It's a pretty drawing.

As for your laziness, let's be honest, you basically don't have the ability to do it right. At least, from an outside perspective. Everyone counts what you do, not what you "could" do, "if you felt like it."

Enjoy drawing manga, but how good are you going to get if you don't have a grasp on the real life versions?
Back to top Go down
0lelouch0

0lelouch0

Glorified Hand Empty
PostSubject: Re: Glorified Hand   Glorified Hand I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 5:55 am

Sigh. FINE. JEEZE.... I'll do a gay realistic hand for you -.- . . . this isn't a favour though. just to get you off my case.

(I suppose your happy now)
Back to top Go down
Hitorio
Staff
Hitorio

Glorified Hand Empty
PostSubject: Re: Glorified Hand   Glorified Hand I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 6:20 pm

0lelouch0 wrote:
Sigh. FINE. JEEZE.... I'll do a gay realistic hand for you -.- . . . this isn't a favour though. just to get you off my case.

(I suppose your happy now)

...what's with that attitude, young mayne?
Go to your room.

...now.
If you don't mind answering a question:

...how much do you want to improve?
Back to top Go down
0lelouch0

0lelouch0

Glorified Hand Empty
PostSubject: Re: Glorified Hand   Glorified Hand I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 8:22 pm

LOL. I was just joking, I'm not actually annoyed at all. TBH, I'm glad that he's trying to make me improve my work ^_^
And
Quote :
...how much do you want to improve?

Erm. A lot >.< . . . I don't like to think of myself as an "artist" in anyway, and drawing is more of a hobby that I do just for the fun of doing it.But what's the point on doing it if I'm producing mediocre work all the time, right?
Maybe I'll do a few studies of the human anatomy and what not. They'll just be sketches but I'm sure they'll help a lot.

Oh and edyrem, sorry if I offend you in anyway. <3 . . . I was just kidding around :P
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

Glorified Hand Empty
PostSubject: Re: Glorified Hand   Glorified Hand I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 9:00 pm

I'm a little off-putted by you not considering yourself an artist, but you seem to have some modesty about what you do as well as the consistent desire to improve, which makes for a very strong ANYTHING.

Do learn about real life 3D shapes. If you're an animator, you need to build skill in anatomy even for anime characters.
Back to top Go down
0lelouch0

0lelouch0

Glorified Hand Empty
PostSubject: Re: Glorified Hand   Glorified Hand I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 12:06 am

I don't like calling myself an artist. Just because the "fine arts" i.e. paintings sculpture and suttf, the whole industry is just so god damn messed up!
There was a time when I was very into humanism in art. I use to daw people a lot. But they were sketches on paper. Now I have the tablet ^_^. I will probably be doing more stuff like that.
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

Glorified Hand Empty
PostSubject: Re: Glorified Hand   Glorified Hand I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 12:40 am

Art has a massive amount of forms.

You're an artist. Digital animation and painting. Art.
Back to top Go down
0lelouch0

0lelouch0

Glorified Hand Empty
PostSubject: Re: Glorified Hand   Glorified Hand I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 4:03 am

I just don't like to be called an artist. I don't know why, just don't. I'm an ... ERM. Art enthusiast :P.
I don't mind being called something more specific. Like a painter, for example.
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

Glorified Hand Empty
PostSubject: Re: Glorified Hand   Glorified Hand I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 8:29 am

LOL ... you're blowing my mind here...

I'm proud to call myself an artist.
Maybe when you think artist you think of a self-absorbent asshole who takes photos of weird trees and says they're so deep, or screams in drama class and acts all posh about it.
Back to top Go down
Hitorio
Staff
Hitorio

Glorified Hand Empty
PostSubject: Re: Glorified Hand   Glorified Hand I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 4:25 pm

Trollery:

I, too, am proud to be an artist, but being called an artist seems a bit too vague. I only call myself that in the face of people who don't really care about art. I refer to myself as an illustrator and an animator. Those are the two titles that I wish to carry.

When I think artist, the first thing that comes to mind is the idea of some European abstract painter whose works garner millions at auctions. I don't like that thought. Fucking stereotype.
When I first think "animator", however, I get a much more awesome dousing of mental experiences.
...when I think "illustrator", I think of children's books. Fail.
Back to top Go down
0lelouch0

0lelouch0

Glorified Hand Empty
PostSubject: Re: Glorified Hand   Glorified Hand I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 8:39 pm

Quote :
When I think artist, the first thing that comes to mind is the idea of some European abstract painter whose works garner millions at auctions. I don't like that thought. Fucking stereotype.
When I first think "animator", however, I get a much more awesome dousing of mental experiences.
...when I think "illustrator", I think of children's books. Fail.

Some children's books are cool! Winny the Pooh is awesome >.>. And I like the illustrations <.<.
But I agree, being called an animator is something that I like. But I do feel pretentious calling myself an artist. I guess because I tend to think of a European artist who is selling paintings for way more then they should be.
You can call me a Digital Art Enthusiast, and Animator >.>
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

Glorified Hand Empty
PostSubject: Re: Glorified Hand   Glorified Hand I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 4:49 am

Ah, the power of words... I've equipped the word 'artist' with the person who does the visuals of a project, like a game, website, or what have you.

So I've pretty much polished my definition of it into something that suits me.

Funny, I think of children's books too... it just seems that 'illustrator' is such a useless thing to call anyone other than a person who draws diagrams or pictures in textbooks or novels.

For anything else, I describe them as artist / concept artist.

Though 'illustrator' is a very vast term and it simply describes someone who, well, illustrates. Usually 'illustrate' is associated with 'explain,' though, so it's natural to think of textbook diagrams or little children's novels when you think of an illustrator.

You guys reckon 'illustrate' has more to do with explaining, though? Cause 'luster' = 'light' and 'enlightening' = 'informing,' so perhaps... 'illustrating' = 'explaining'?
Back to top Go down
0lelouch0

0lelouch0

Glorified Hand Empty
PostSubject: Re: Glorified Hand   Glorified Hand I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 5:01 am

I think you've gone a step too far. Because words only mean something because we've made them mean something.
Besides, Musicians are artists. It's just people tend to think of painters and sculptors.

Illustrate is to enlighten or clarify by explaining it through examples of something: a diagram or picture.
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

Glorified Hand Empty
PostSubject: Re: Glorified Hand   Glorified Hand I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 15, 2011 5:02 am

What's your point? I'm not sure what part you're talking abuot, homeslice.

But yeah, artist - it is usually associated with whatever is most common in the given atmosphere. I.E. musical vs poetic vs visual, etc.

Artist may be a vastly wide term, but it doesn't mean you shouldn't call yourself one.

Just because 'male 'or 'female' could mean ANY kind of person, it doesn't mean you should hate being called a male or female.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Glorified Hand Empty
PostSubject: Re: Glorified Hand   Glorified Hand I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Glorified Hand
Page 1 of 1