Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Drawing Feature

Go down 
+3
Tom
Flax
Edyrem
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Edyrem

Edyrem

Drawing Feature Empty
PostSubject: Drawing Feature   Drawing Feature I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 5:33 pm

That's right, eventually it's going to happen, so let's all just throw in any ideas that we'd like to see come to life.
In fact, De8struction might actually make something remotely close to the goal.

Anyway, so that it's clear what we want from a drawing board, let's play the game of... say-one-or-more-features-it-should-have!

I'll go first.

I think it should have...
... canvas resizing...
... or the ability to draw anywhere on the text field in these very posts, perhaps by activating a button.

...(your turn).
Back to top Go down
Flax

Drawing Feature Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drawing Feature   Drawing Feature I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 12:32 am

It should have ctrl + z :) that would be nice
Back to top Go down
Tom
Staff
Tom

Drawing Feature Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drawing Feature   Drawing Feature I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 12:41 am

it should have different brush sizes
Back to top Go down
Isaac

Drawing Feature Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drawing Feature   Drawing Feature I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 2:12 pm

Colors, or at least black 30% 50% 70% gray and white.
Back to top Go down

Drawing Feature Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drawing Feature   Drawing Feature I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 2:29 pm

It already had ctrl z Lol
and it will have brush sizes aswell, it will have a trace background though or a black background the the only color is white, i will try and have an opacity option though, and also resizing hopefully :)

But its not set in stone yet, worst case scenario I pay someone who knows html5 to make it
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

Drawing Feature Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drawing Feature   Drawing Feature I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 11:37 am

sweet, de8 :D that'd be awesome if you were willing to don8 cash for this... i'm broke right now though, but when i've got a high budget I'll get a top-notch programmer to renovate this place.

About the colors, why can't you at least have varying levels of gray with the white?
And there should be an eraser :)

No, it's not set in stone yet, because here is where we're collectively describing an ideal drawing tool! :D But I believe in small steps, and any contribution you make is a step forward. <3

MOAR IDEAZ PLZ EVERYWAN
Back to top Go down
Tom
Staff
Tom

Drawing Feature Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drawing Feature   Drawing Feature I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 11:40 am

It should have a "fill" option as well
Back to top Go down

Drawing Feature Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drawing Feature   Drawing Feature I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 1:05 pm

yes it will have an eraser too :O idk about fill option yet though if i higher a programmer to do this then yeah but right now its limited to what i can do by myself
Back to top Go down
Tom
Staff
Tom

Drawing Feature Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drawing Feature   Drawing Feature I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 1:09 pm

De8, keep in mind that although you;re working on the drawing feature yourself, this thread is meant to be a place to store ideas and buld upon them, don't feel bad if theres something you might not be able to do.. we might figure something out in the future or have someone else do it :)
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

Drawing Feature Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drawing Feature   Drawing Feature I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 15, 2011 4:54 am

What tom said, m'boi, we're just thinking of what we would want in a drawing feature if we could have anything we wanted.
That's why even the input of strangers is welcome, since it's a brainstorming phase.

There would be line tools... and transparency...
Back to top Go down
Haitam

Haitam

Drawing Feature Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drawing Feature   Drawing Feature I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 15, 2011 7:12 am

rotating canvas <--- i wish flash had that ,that would make drawing on a tablet way easier .
Back to top Go down
Tom
Staff
Tom

Drawing Feature Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drawing Feature   Drawing Feature I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 15, 2011 7:59 am

Photoshop Cs4 does have rotating canvas, I'm not sure Flash has it too..

anyway, ontopic:

should it have standard shapes?

zoom functionality?
Back to top Go down
spiffy

spiffy

Drawing Feature Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drawing Feature   Drawing Feature I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 15, 2011 6:06 pm

tones? sort of like used in comics?

lol idk everything else i thought of has been said.

maybe a save feature so you can go back to a drawing? idek how that'd work.
Back to top Go down
http://mcspifferson.tumblr.com/
Edyrem

Edyrem

Drawing Feature Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drawing Feature   Drawing Feature I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 15, 2011 7:48 pm

omg yeah auto-saving would be awesome... you could toggle it on and off.

THat way, you can close psuda again but on your account history it'll present to you the current drawing that you didn't finish. You then can work on it when you're making a post again. It's like copypasted info.
Back to top Go down
Tom
Staff
Tom

Drawing Feature Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drawing Feature   Drawing Feature I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 5:23 am

Well auto-saving seems nice at first, but...

Do we really need it ?

Isn't the drawing feature going to be an addition to a post, instead of a drawing application on its' own?

If it's used for adding drawings to a post, it would seem you don't have to be able to close your browser and continue later, as you post at the moment you start drawing, and you want to post when ur done immediately?

Back to top Go down

Drawing Feature Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drawing Feature   Drawing Feature I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 7:14 am

Tom's right its not a program it's an app, this aint gana be photoshop lol
Back to top Go down
Duo

Duo

Drawing Feature Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drawing Feature   Drawing Feature I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 9:07 pm

De8struction wrote:
Tom's right its not a program it's an app, this aint gana be photoshop lol

THAT'S QUITTER TALK
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

Drawing Feature Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drawing Feature   Drawing Feature I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 3:21 am

lol good point tom/de8

but there should be some copypaste feature y'naw...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Drawing Feature Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drawing Feature   Drawing Feature I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Drawing Feature
Page 1 of 1