Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A drawing of a girl I like

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Tom
Staff
Tom

A drawing of a girl I like Empty
PostSubject: A drawing of a girl I like   A drawing of a girl I like I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 7:14 am

I've been drawing a bit today, 3 hours or so.. here's the result!

Here's a link to the image

For the love of God, zoom out when viewing this one, to like.. 30 or 40% of the standard size, as it looks awful otherwise!
The colors aren't how they are in real life, I think my 8 year old scanner uses a light that is way too strong, so all colors appear lighter than they actually are.
Back to top Go down
Hitorio
Staff
Hitorio

PostSubject: Re: A drawing of a girl I like   A drawing of a girl I like I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 7:52 am

Your eight-year old scanner and ten-year old comp were not made to handle such romantical, juicy images. I assume you referenced this from a photograph (unless you mentally scanned and memorized her every facial pattern, which is even more romantic :P).

Let's see...how to fill out the request of passing "Judge"ment upon photo references? *rubs chin* Not sure, especially since I'm unfamiliar with those materials you used.

It does look good, though.
Back to top Go down
Tom
Staff
Tom

PostSubject: Re: A drawing of a girl I like   A drawing of a girl I like I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 7:54 am

might be better to see the drawing here by the way

http://tomvanharmelen.deviantart.com/#/d2vhv2g

It's my DA account.

I do remember almost everything about her.. but i wanted this to look as good as I could.. so i used photo reference, yes.
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

PostSubject: Re: A drawing of a girl I like   A drawing of a girl I like I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 8:29 pm

Dude she looks bangin' and so does the drawing. You're pretty good at this :D imo you're doing really well with this practice.
Back to top Go down
Isaac

PostSubject: Re: A drawing of a girl I like   A drawing of a girl I like I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 2:04 pm

That looks great. The only problem i have is in her left arm, the shirt over the shoulder is too dark and theres not enough of a gradation from the light to the dark. And having that shoulder so dark would make me think the arm would be a little darker, also it's in a position where it seems like not very much light would hit, but yet it's lighter than the rest of the skin. All together it's an amazing piece of art, nice.
Back to top Go down
Tom
Staff
Tom

PostSubject: Re: A drawing of a girl I like   A drawing of a girl I like I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 2:28 pm

In the picture she's sitting with a window behind her, hence the lighting issue.
Thanks though!
the dark parts on the dress-like thing she's wearing are parts of folds, which i still have a lot of trouble with drawing correctly..

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A drawing of a girl I like   A drawing of a girl I like I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 3:40 pm

this is pretty damn good im sorry but im a bitch about coloring i used photoshop but other than crayon coloring its ballin'
Back to top Go down
Tom
Staff
Tom

PostSubject: Re: A drawing of a girl I like   A drawing of a girl I like I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 3:42 pm

respect the traditional arts bro. crayon coloring? is it just the fact that i used colored PENCILS instead of photoshop? or do you not like the way i colored it ? be more specific.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A drawing of a girl I like   A drawing of a girl I like I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 3:51 pm

lol no i just hate markers/crayons and colored pencils just as a person ive had no luck with them ive destroyed my best drawings with colorin unless i use sakura brand makers :p
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A drawing of a girl I like   A drawing of a girl I like I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 3:53 pm

Sorry double post Dont take offence i loved the drawing its just im a picky mean person and hate coloring tools like crayons sharpies markers ect
Back to top Go down
Tom
Staff
Tom

PostSubject: Re: A drawing of a girl I like   A drawing of a girl I like I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 3:57 pm

its an artform, which, like animation, takes time to perfect.. skills are fun to develop!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A drawing of a girl I like   A drawing of a girl I like I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 4:00 pm

Ill always prefer that comic book type coloring u can only get in photoshop or painting over any colored pencil or crayon i <3 oil pastels sakura brand markers Photoshop and painting Idk why but they are alwqays going to be my favorite
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

PostSubject: Re: A drawing of a girl I like   A drawing of a girl I like I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 4:51 pm

I think de8 is talking about watercolors that masashi kishimoto uses to color his manga.
I'll tell you, shit so messy. I'm amazed he does it so well.
Tom, if you're practicing in traditional coloring, more power to you. I know I gave up on them hehe.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A drawing of a girl I like   A drawing of a girl I like I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 4:54 pm

Oh he uses water colors? oh i can get a very similar result with sakura markers :P but dosnt really mater
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A drawing of a girl I like   A drawing of a girl I like I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A drawing of a girl I like
Page 1 of 1