Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

new drawing

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
kauza

new drawing Empty
PostSubject: new drawing   new drawing I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 3:01 am

Just a new drawing i did on photoshop... i like how it turned out but the bg is horrible lol

http://kauza22.deviantart.com/#/d3ktsb0
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

new drawing Empty
PostSubject: Re: new drawing   new drawing I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 3:24 am

It could be shaded with a lot more detail. The current level of shading you gave it is something that can be animated.
Back to top Go down
kauza

new drawing Empty
PostSubject: Re: new drawing   new drawing I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 3:38 am

tbh i didnt really want it to be very detailed
Back to top Go down
Hitorio
Staff
Hitorio

new drawing Empty
PostSubject: Re: new drawing   new drawing I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 7:08 am

I actually thought that the BG was, say, a shower wall in which the top and bottom were respectively painted upon to resemble a sky and grass.

As for the girl herself -- it looks as if you did the rough just fine but lost some accuracy during the cleaning process -- or were you just not sharp enough on the finer anatomy? There's the problem in the lineart that makes things a bit wobbly and sorta ruins the magic of the sketch. ;.;
...Nice anime face and hair, though. ;)
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

new drawing Empty
PostSubject: Re: new drawing   new drawing I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 7:07 pm

Yeah that's kinda true tbh.
Kauza why does this look like it was done in flash pencil?

Also, your BG definitely is confusing. Were you just frustrated by it after giving it a weak attempt or did you do it as good as you thought you could?
Back to top Go down
Hitorio
Staff
Hitorio

new drawing Empty
PostSubject: Re: new drawing   new drawing I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 7:15 pm

I'm thinking that, for cleaning, he used the line tool and then edited it by bending it to resemble a curve. This is the easier method over having to meticulously manually clean using a brush tool. Unfortunately, the easier option is far less visually rewarding when the pic is done.

Interested in learning backgrounds, Kauza?
Back to top Go down
kauza

new drawing Empty
PostSubject: Re: new drawing   new drawing I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 10:39 pm

well... when i did the bg i just drew what ever came to my head... im to lazy to start it again and i done it all on photoshop with brush i think the outline came like that cause of how i colored it... and normally i would use 2000x2000 this drawing was 1000x1000 so i did outlines while zoomed out
i would like to learn how to do bgs but i cbf
does it really look like i used flash pencil?
http://www.truploader.com/view/258782
Back to top Go down
Hitorio
Staff
Hitorio

new drawing Empty
PostSubject: Re: new drawing   new drawing I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2011 4:44 pm

*applaulds* Wow.
That lineart looks impressively smooth, then -- knowing that you did it manually. Looks vectored. The power of high res is not to be underestimated!
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

new drawing Empty
PostSubject: Re: new drawing   new drawing I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2011 11:07 pm

lol I never use huge canvases for some reason... do you actually draw in full zoom or are you zoomed out at all?
Back to top Go down
kauza

new drawing Empty
PostSubject: Re: new drawing   new drawing I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2011 11:45 pm

umm... for this drawing i didn't zoom in that much in my other drawings with 2000x2000 i usually zoom in quite a lot. i think i stayed around 100 - 200% zoom on this drawing
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

new drawing Empty
PostSubject: Re: new drawing   new drawing I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 2:24 am

o.o
That feels like you're drawing something giant though lol
Goddamn!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

new drawing Empty
PostSubject: Re: new drawing   new drawing I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

new drawing
Page 1 of 1