Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Pencil Drawing

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Nislenora

Pencil Drawing Empty
PostSubject: Pencil Drawing   Pencil Drawing I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 9:55 pm

Of Toki from Code: Breakers

One of the drawings i'm happier of.

http://nislenora.deviantart.com/art/Pencil-Sketch-193009325
Back to top Go down
Hitorio
Staff
Hitorio

Pencil Drawing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pencil Drawing   Pencil Drawing I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 4:36 pm

Ah, I see we've got one that was influenced by the typical anime/mawnga style. You draw like a couple of people that I know in person. Can you reveal the background of your inspiration for your style? It would help if that were done in the introduction thread upon first posting.

The advice that is automatically jettisoned from me and onto the thread: werk on sharpening that general anatomy. Just move upward in that general direction. Everyone benefits from it.

Aside from that core comment, let's talk about this dude's hat. Is it supposed to be that waaaaaavy? What were you going for?
Back to top Go down
Nislenora

Pencil Drawing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pencil Drawing   Pencil Drawing I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 10:09 pm

I wasn't exactly sure how to do the wave on the hat so I think I went abit overboard.

Currently I don't like my art style so i'm doing alot of 20 mins copying a real picture and then adding my own flair to it, this one is abit more cloned of the picture than the others but I liked it the best.

http://img2.lln.crunchyroll.com/i/spire4/72fb06d5d08477548af441af08d272761254997210_full.jpg
Is where I got the picture's inspiration
Back to top Go down
Isaac

Pencil Drawing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pencil Drawing   Pencil Drawing I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 3:00 pm

I don't recommend drawing from other people's art. It hardly helps you. Inspiration is fine, but as this is copied so similarly, it's obvious it's more than just that. The drawing is also kind of flat, especially the face.

Anatomy is always good to work on. Remember, before you can distort anatomy, you have to master it. You may think "I'll just draw anatomy and cartoons, so I don't need anatomy", but even for those you do need to know anatomy and drawing from life. They're the basics.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Pencil Drawing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pencil Drawing   Pencil Drawing I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pencil Drawing
Page 1 of 1