Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The fight for hydration

Go down 
+5
Haitam
Cryvern
Flax
0lelouch0
kauza
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
kauza

The fight for hydration Empty
PostSubject: The fight for hydration   The fight for hydration I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 12:45 am

yaaay me and leozer0 made our first joint fb animation
this took us 15 days to do >.<
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/568609
and do any of you know how to add another artist to it?... i don't really go on newgrounds so I'm completely lost
Back to top Go down
0lelouch0

0lelouch0

PostSubject: Re: The fight for hydration   The fight for hydration I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 4:23 am

Vote 5 people VOTE 5 PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DDDDDDOOOOOOOOOOO IIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTTTT
Back to top Go down
Flax

PostSubject: Re: The fight for hydration   The fight for hydration I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 6:58 am

nice work, loving the angles and the smoothness of the animation, very good :3 i can't wait to see more from you guys
Back to top Go down
Cryvern

Cryvern

PostSubject: Re: The fight for hydration   The fight for hydration I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 1:52 am

5'd !
awesome work yo
Ive gotta make a long-ish fb animation of my own >,>
Back to top Go down
http://cryvern.deviantart.com
Haitam

Haitam

PostSubject: Re: The fight for hydration   The fight for hydration I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 5:43 am

That was great ,I fav'ed it and rated 5.
Back to top Go down
Tom
Staff
Tom

PostSubject: Re: The fight for hydration   The fight for hydration I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 2:55 pm

Looks pretty good guys! I do think some parts might need a bit more detail but overall it's pretty good!

There's a few parts that definitely show less drawing skill than others, which really makes it feel that you did each scene separately.
This is something you should try to avoid.
Take equal time and effort for each part to turn the animation into a whole coherent animation next time!
Props, guys!
Back to top Go down
0lelouch0

0lelouch0

PostSubject: Re: The fight for hydration   The fight for hydration I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 8:32 pm

Actually I done all the drawings, but I got really annoyed and lazy. And I've never been good at faces.
And for some reason the brush was pixelized.Have no idea why. >.<.

It was funny to see how fast I could do the detail drawing in this compared to the anime that I normally have in my anims. XD
I could do about 5-10 frames of detail in the Pico anim for every 1 frame of my normal anime.

I would have gone back through them. But we were freaking out about how little time we had. v.v.
Back to top Go down
Cryvern

Cryvern

PostSubject: Re: The fight for hydration   The fight for hydration I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 9:16 pm

I didnt know you were Leozer0 lol..

BTW
Ypu guys are frontpaged! Good job!
Back to top Go down
http://cryvern.deviantart.com
kauza

PostSubject: Re: The fight for hydration   The fight for hydration I_icon_minitimeSun May 01, 2011 3:30 am

yaay... yea leozer0 did all the drawings and i did all the animation... we started running out of time so leozer0 rushed the rest of it to be able to get it done for the competition
thanks for the comments and 5s guys =D
Back to top Go down
hundo

hundo

PostSubject: Re: The fight for hydration   The fight for hydration I_icon_minitimeSun May 01, 2011 5:50 pm

It was magnificent, alot better than some of the other pico animations
Back to top Go down
0lelouch0

0lelouch0

PostSubject: Re: The fight for hydration   The fight for hydration I_icon_minitimeSun May 01, 2011 9:46 pm

Lol.
Yea, I used to be called leozer0. But decided I'll try something different here. So I decided 0lelouch0. My Leozer0 account got blocked on FA sadly u.u. (not my fault the guy who blocked me was a total dick)
I'm known as requiem on there now.

I'm sad that it is currently rated 10th out of all the pico anims. ;____;
Back to top Go down
Touma

Touma

PostSubject: Re: The fight for hydration   The fight for hydration I_icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 1:08 pm

that was awesome 5'd where did you learn to draw like that?
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

PostSubject: Re: The fight for hydration   The fight for hydration I_icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 9:56 pm

Kudos to you both! For 15 days that sure is a good work flow you got there. In fact, I humbly admire your effort.

Juicy work. Although the anatomy/motion of certain clips was very flawed in my eyes, it's all still good.
Back to top Go down
Tom
Staff
Tom

PostSubject: Re: The fight for hydration   The fight for hydration I_icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 3:15 am

Guys, can you describe your process of getting this animation done? I'm curious how you went about doing this.
Back to top Go down
kauza

PostSubject: Re: The fight for hydration   The fight for hydration I_icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 5:02 am

i did all the roughs key frames inbetweens.. then sent it to leozer0 and he draws over it and after that we both colored it and leozer0 shaded it while i added some effects.
Back to top Go down
Tom
Staff
Tom

PostSubject: Re: The fight for hydration   The fight for hydration I_icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 5:27 am

How long did it take you to finish the frames ( without going into clean up ) Kauza?
Back to top Go down
kauza

PostSubject: Re: The fight for hydration   The fight for hydration I_icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 5:46 am

i cant really remember how long it took me and i never did any clean up
Back to top Go down
Tom
Staff
Tom

PostSubject: Re: The fight for hydration   The fight for hydration I_icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 5:49 am

Clean up is not just nice lineart bro, it's also the coloring process.
Too bad you don't remember the time it took you to do the frames, I've been wondering how long stuff like that takes.
Back to top Go down
kauza

PostSubject: Re: The fight for hydration   The fight for hydration I_icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 5:56 am

I still didn't do much clean up in the colouring process anyway >.>
There was just nothing to really clean and we had to rush it to be able to get it up in time for the competition which sadly we didn't win anything because of the rule of no commercial / unlicensed music v.v
Back to top Go down
Tom
Staff
Tom

PostSubject: Re: The fight for hydration   The fight for hydration I_icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 6:00 am

Did you know about the rule before you handed it in?
If so, why break the rule?

Also, in my opinion it's important to look at creating animations as something you do to have fun and improve yourself.
Winning stuff with your animation is secondary.
first gain knowledge and skill, all those bonuses come later.
Back to top Go down
kauza

PostSubject: Re: The fight for hydration   The fight for hydration I_icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 6:05 am

Nope we just saw the competition and we were like omg we want all that money and decided to join. They didn't post that rule in the posts about the competition
And this was a good experience working with another person to be able to produce a longer anim rather than just shorts.
I looked at the anim with all the roughs and credits and it said created 15th and modified 24th.. so im guessing it took me about 9 days
Back to top Go down
Tom
Staff
Tom

PostSubject: Re: The fight for hydration   The fight for hydration I_icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 6:12 am

To be honest, seeing money and wanting to join just for that reason, is a bad idea in my opinion.
You should animate stuff because you like the idea of the competition and because you think its an awesome idea, not just for the money.
If that's how you prioritize your reasons for animating, I doubt you'll be able to have a lot of fun and hand in QUALITY animations in the long run.
But keep in mind, this is just my point of view, and is absolutely NOT the holy grail of looking at animation and priorities.
Back to top Go down
kauza

PostSubject: Re: The fight for hydration   The fight for hydration I_icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 6:23 am

I don't get why it has to be just one?
why cant it be for fun, improvement AND for the money? to be able to hand in a quality animation in the long run
Back to top Go down
0lelouch0

0lelouch0

PostSubject: Re: The fight for hydration   The fight for hydration I_icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 6:25 am

Besides... if we wanted to improve. New Grounds is the last place we'd post it >.>
And we did think our animation was an awesome idea. I wished we knew the rules of the competition better though.
Back to top Go down
Tom
Staff
Tom

PostSubject: Re: The fight for hydration   The fight for hydration I_icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 6:26 am

Ofcourse that's possible, but money shouldn't be the MAIN or ONLY reason to animate. it comes after the others. When you turn pro stuff changes but then it's a completely different story.

And why is Newgrounds the last place to improve?
What about Newgrounds makes it a bad place to improve?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The fight for hydration   The fight for hydration I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The fight for hydration
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next