Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kyrin's art related SHITY SHIT

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
kyrin

kyrin

Kyrin's art related SHITY SHIT Empty
PostSubject: Kyrin's art related SHITY SHIT   Kyrin's art related SHITY SHIT I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 12:39 am

UPDATE:

http://kyrin21.deviantart.com/art/Moonmon-vs-Glutton-291634817

http://kyrin21.deviantart.com/art/Great-big-smile-286558888

http://kyrin21.deviantart.com/art/Evolution-of-Al-287965889

Spoiler:

My line art has improved (I assume)

i mainly did this to work on my shading... then i added a glowing dragon which completely disregards the shading a had already added :>

Spoiler:

WIP on my character Liz

Dude on the right is Baz, to lazy to draw his feet... ya

Last edited by kyrin on Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:03 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Hitorio
Staff
Hitorio

PostSubject: Re: Kyrin's art related SHITY SHIT   Kyrin's art related SHITY SHIT I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 10:47 am

I still remember vague fragments of your To aru Majutsu no Index comic. This lineart does seem better as shown by your 3D understanding of the bewts/boots. That dragon's jaw is... appealing. >: ] I like the somewhat misty cloud effect going on in the coloring of the boots, somewhere around the middle of the body, and the hair.

He looks nice a nice guy. :P
Back to top Go down
kyrin

kyrin

PostSubject: Re: Kyrin's art related SHITY SHIT   Kyrin's art related SHITY SHIT I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 3:15 pm

Thanks, I appreciate the comment :>
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

PostSubject: Re: Kyrin's art related SHITY SHIT   Kyrin's art related SHITY SHIT I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 3:16 pm

Kyrin my boy, I gotta say the glowing effect is like, boom, I can feel it; you did it well. With stuff like this, you have to be so careful with the lighting and shading because it could either pop out or just look flat. And 99% of the time, you will not want to create a flat look.

Good job on the line work, I'm feelin' it. I'm getting better at it myself. Personally I just switch back and forth between the brush and eraser like a pendulum, man. It gets really easy when you start to get used to the quick back-and-forth switching.
Back to top Go down
kyrin

kyrin

PostSubject: Re: Kyrin's art related SHITY SHIT   Kyrin's art related SHITY SHIT I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 3:22 pm

Edyrem wrote:
Kyrin my boy, I gotta say the glowing effect is like, boom, I can feel it; you did it well. With stuff like this, you have to be so careful with the lighting and shading because it could either pop out or just look flat. And 99% of the time, you will not want to create a flat look.

Good job on the line work, I'm feelin' it. I'm getting better at it myself. Personally I just switch back and forth between the brush and eraser like a pendulum, man. It gets really easy when you start to get used to the quick back-and-forth switching.

I did the back and forth to fix a few areas like the head
Luckily my pen has 2 sides that can be set to individual tools

though i tried to do what neon would do and use single strokes to make every line look smooth and clean
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

PostSubject: Re: Kyrin's art related SHITY SHIT   Kyrin's art related SHITY SHIT I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 3:37 pm

Bro, pen flipping takes way too long for how I do it. I basically try like three times to make one line; stroking, erasing, stroking, until I nail it. Like what you said about Neon with the single strokes; I basically try and try again with the pen and eraser until I get it. Why I use the eraser and not the undo tool is that I usually make at least a little bit progress with each next line; if I undo it, then I literally did not change anything. When I use the eraser I don't just erase the whole thing, I simply erase the part where I strayed too much, then I draw on that again. That's how it works as far as I know right now.
Back to top Go down
kyrin

kyrin

PostSubject: Re: Kyrin's art related SHITY SHIT   Kyrin's art related SHITY SHIT I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 3:43 pm

No, i do the erase thing sometimes :I

I stroke, Ctrl + Z if i dont like it, and repeat until i get a line i like
Back to top Go down
kyrin

kyrin

PostSubject: Re: Kyrin's art related SHITY SHIT   Kyrin's art related SHITY SHIT I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 1:00 am

Spoiler:

WIP on my character Liz

Dude on the right is Baz, to lazy to draw his feet... ya

<COPY PASTE DONE>
Back to top Go down
SethX

SethX

PostSubject: Re: Kyrin's art related SHITY SHIT   Kyrin's art related SHITY SHIT I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 12:14 pm

your style seems pretty unique to me kyrin. i love what you did with the reflections in liz's hair. but word to the wise, you should probably give dune some reflections up there too. just cause hes a guy doesnt mean he doesnt take care of his hair. baz looks like an asshole so he doesn't take care of his hair and therefore is fine. :D
EDIT: liz's clothes have 0 sex appeal. *frown*
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

PostSubject: Re: Kyrin's art related SHITY SHIT   Kyrin's art related SHITY SHIT I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2011 7:14 am

Assholes can be groomed too, ya know.

Look at American Psycho:
Kyrin's art related SHITY SHIT Batemanas
Back to top Go down
kyrin

kyrin

PostSubject: Re: Kyrin's art related SHITY SHIT   Kyrin's art related SHITY SHIT I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2011 8:28 pm

Kyrin's art related SHITY SHIT Group

UPDATE
almost finished liz, and a gave her a more tan skin tone
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

PostSubject: Re: Kyrin's art related SHITY SHIT   Kyrin's art related SHITY SHIT I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2011 4:00 am

Oh shi-

The steam idea is nice imo, and so is the black sword's look. The shine on Baz's shoulder plate is actually really nice for how simple it is to make it. You could do that same look in flash if you made the white shine have a glow.

+1 learn
Back to top Go down
Touma

Touma

PostSubject: Re: Kyrin's art related SHITY SHIT   Kyrin's art related SHITY SHIT I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2011 3:32 pm

hey kyrin how do you go about shading and btw wich program do you use to draw etc?

Love the pictures and are you gonna animate these and be a king like edy xD
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

PostSubject: Re: Kyrin's art related SHITY SHIT   Kyrin's art related SHITY SHIT I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2011 2:32 am

Kyrin's art related SHITY SHIT 128295894532
Back to top Go down
kyrin

kyrin

PostSubject: Re: Kyrin's art related SHITY SHIT   Kyrin's art related SHITY SHIT I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 11:03 pm

Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

PostSubject: Re: Kyrin's art related SHITY SHIT   Kyrin's art related SHITY SHIT I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2012 3:25 am

Awesome moonman/glutton angle. Nice depth there. Look thick. Solid. Tight. Your face drawing skills need some mad work though.
Back to top Go down
Hitorio
Staff
Hitorio

PostSubject: Re: Kyrin's art related SHITY SHIT   Kyrin's art related SHITY SHIT I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2012 6:48 pm

That lighting feel. It's one of my favorite.
Back to top Go down
kyrin

kyrin

PostSubject: Re: Kyrin's art related SHITY SHIT   Kyrin's art related SHITY SHIT I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2012 7:02 pm

Edyrem wrote:
Awesome moonman/glutton angle. Nice depth there. Look thick. Solid. Tight. Your face drawing skills need some mad work though.

lol thanks for telling me what I already know
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

PostSubject: Re: Kyrin's art related SHITY SHIT   Kyrin's art related SHITY SHIT I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 1:35 pm

Well you've been drawing the same damn face quality through Al's evolution, so I didn't think you knew.

Do you want some references for face studies?
Back to top Go down
Hitorio
Staff
Hitorio

PostSubject: Re: Kyrin's art related SHITY SHIT   Kyrin's art related SHITY SHIT I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 1:39 pm

I can imagine your Moonman/Glutton pic being an animation and moving pretty damn epically. Since you didn't really use blending, we know that a Flash animation from you could look that smexy with enough effort. >: D

Reminds me of Unknown-Person and his Animation Battles that he did for the Endzone tournament.
Back to top Go down
kyrin

kyrin

PostSubject: Re: Kyrin's art related SHITY SHIT   Kyrin's art related SHITY SHIT I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 5:40 pm

Edyrem wrote:
Well you've been drawing the same damn face quality through Al's evolution, so I didn't think you knew.

Do you want some references for face studies?

yes, that would be nice
i've mostly been focusing on body structure and i've been slacking on on my faces >_>
Back to top Go down
kyrin

kyrin

PostSubject: Re: Kyrin's art related SHITY SHIT   Kyrin's art related SHITY SHIT I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 11:38 pm

http://kyrin21.deviantart.com/#/d4u2ssi

so i decided a drawing for my 4 friends from the art community whom have helped me improved over the past few years since I'll be going to college soon

drawing 1 of 4
for neon-drane
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

PostSubject: Re: Kyrin's art related SHITY SHIT   Kyrin's art related SHITY SHIT I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 2:18 am

d'aw
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kyrin's art related SHITY SHIT   Kyrin's art related SHITY SHIT I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kyrin's art related SHITY SHIT
Page 1 of 1