Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

For animation FX

Go down 
+3
Malfunction
Tom
Isaac
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Isaac

For animation FX Empty
PostSubject: For animation FX   For animation FX I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2011 1:12 pm

A really good freelance animator decided he was going to start weekly FX tutorials on his site in the future. Sadly. there is a monthly fee, but if any of you are willing to pay it, I'm sure you would learn a lot. This guy did work on FX for disney, so he does know what he's talking about.

Back to top Go down
Tom
Staff
Tom

For animation FX Empty
PostSubject: Re: For animation FX   For animation FX I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2011 4:00 pm

yes I actually saw this video on youtube earlier today.

downloaded it to go through it frame by frame.
Back to top Go down
Malfunction

Malfunction

For animation FX Empty
PostSubject: Re: For animation FX   For animation FX I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2011 9:41 pm

Adam Phillips is AMAZING. I would actually do that (if I wasn't already absolutely amazing at FX) (jk).
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

For animation FX Empty
PostSubject: Re: For animation FX   For animation FX I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2011 2:11 am

Oh shit it's Adam Phillips :O
I wish I could take his course, would be bomb as hell!

/e: Holy shit, look at his fuckin game. Inspiring as FUCK!
Flash game 2d visuals at its finest. It's so nice to see this kind of artistic quality.

Back to top Go down
Miccool

For animation FX Empty
PostSubject: Re: For animation FX   For animation FX I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2011 2:39 am

Yeah saw this earlier on Newgrounds... Makes me jealous that ppl will be learning from a pro, hehe.
Back to top Go down
SethX

SethX

For animation FX Empty
PostSubject: Re: For animation FX   For animation FX I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2011 11:02 am

miccool ... im sure you could help with the effects in dashkin .-. absolutely sure. ABSOLUTELY SURE.
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

For animation FX Empty
PostSubject: Re: For animation FX   For animation FX I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2011 11:44 am

In a way, Seth is right; age-wise we have a huge head start on training, and we'd probably be at least as good as Mr. Philips' by the time we're his age :)

He should be about 40 at the moment, right?
Back to top Go down
SethX

SethX

For animation FX Empty
PostSubject: Re: For animation FX   For animation FX I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2011 1:55 pm

Edyrem, im assuming this guy has some amazing talent in the effects industry, but from what i saw in the video........ eh.
Back to top Go down
Tom
Staff
Tom

For animation FX Empty
PostSubject: Re: For animation FX   For animation FX I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2011 2:10 pm

he's worked for Disney, for example. has a shitload of experience in animation and especially effects.
SethX, why do you think it's only meh?
Back to top Go down
Isaac

For animation FX Empty
PostSubject: Re: For animation FX   For animation FX I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2011 2:21 pm

I think the video might make it seem that way because they're 2d animation effects in a real life video. But he is really good.
Back to top Go down
Tom
Staff
Tom

For animation FX Empty
PostSubject: Re: For animation FX   For animation FX I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2011 2:23 pm

Yes, I love his water effects. and the explosion of fire at the end of the first video is awesome.. I love the choice of color and the flow of the effect.
Back to top Go down
Isaac

For animation FX Empty
PostSubject: Re: For animation FX   For animation FX I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2011 2:32 pm

Yeah, his water is absolutely amazing.
Back to top Go down
SethX

SethX

For animation FX Empty
PostSubject: Re: For animation FX   For animation FX I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2011 11:34 pm

oh nonononono i knew that hes a fantastic animator for disney and whatnot, im just saying that the effects in the video were kinda... low quality. even if they are 2-d, their not that good even for 2d animations ( aside from the bubble, although that was relatively simple also) ( oh yeh the water was epic. ) but aside from that, the 2d animation in that video was kinda.... sad. although im sure when he added those he did it for personal fun and probably didnt care what people thought about the lazers other than their comedic effect.

EDIT: i had closed the video before his head exploded. just watched that and spewed chocolate milk everywhere.
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

For animation FX Empty
PostSubject: Re: For animation FX   For animation FX I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 3:55 am

I thought the fire/sparks in the beginning was beautiful especially with the sound effects he used.
Back to top Go down
Tom
Staff
Tom

For animation FX Empty
PostSubject: Re: For animation FX   For animation FX I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 4:00 am

SethX, Somehow you're coming across as kind of cocky. I'd definitely like to see you animate those effects for us.
Please, go ahead and show me and other psudans how easy it is to make it look that good by animating it yourself.
Back to top Go down
SethX

SethX

For animation FX Empty
PostSubject: Re: For animation FX   For animation FX I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 1:07 pm

tom thats not what i mean. sorry if it comes off like that. what i mean is those effects aare low grade for HIM. like, he can make beautiful effects, and does, but in this video he only put them there for comedic effect, and therefor didn't try his hardest :o sory if i come off cocky sometimes.
Back to top Go down
Tom
Staff
Tom

For animation FX Empty
PostSubject: Re: For animation FX   For animation FX I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 1:49 pm

I disagree with low grade effects. the water was awesome, the fire was awesome, the lightning was awesome.

Making fire is easy, making fire like THAT is hard.
Back to top Go down
SethX

SethX

For animation FX Empty
PostSubject: Re: For animation FX   For animation FX I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 9:15 pm

i dont mean low grade. i mean low grade compared to what i assume he is capable of....

like... i know the water fire and .. lightning somewhat, was awesome but im just saying i feel like he could do better.
Back to top Go down
Tom
Staff
Tom

For animation FX Empty
PostSubject: Re: For animation FX   For animation FX I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2011 1:43 am

Perhaps, I would think he wouldn't give his prized quality FX animation away for such a low amount of money just like that.
Back to top Go down
SethX

SethX

For animation FX Empty
PostSubject: Re: For animation FX   For animation FX I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2011 12:50 pm

Oh yeah... i completely forgot about... money.
Back to top Go down
kidkei

kidkei

For animation FX Empty
PostSubject: Re: For animation FX   For animation FX I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 7:31 pm

Are you serious :O
I love Bitey I can't wait until this is out
Back to top Go down
Tom
Staff
Tom

For animation FX Empty
PostSubject: Re: For animation FX   For animation FX I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2011 9:34 am

Kidkei, Don't expect his course to be resleased to the general public that's not willing to pay, hehe.
Instead, get the book called Elemental Magic, an introduction.

It's an awesome book. 321 pages of pure effects-teaching goodness!
Back to top Go down
kidkei

kidkei

For animation FX Empty
PostSubject: Re: For animation FX   For animation FX I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2011 7:21 pm

:O Oh ish thanks Toms you sexy fuck
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

For animation FX Empty
PostSubject: Re: For animation FX   For animation FX I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

For animation FX
Page 1 of 1