Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Another new doodle animation.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Tom
Staff
Tom

Another new doodle animation. Empty
PostSubject: Another new doodle animation.   Another new doodle animation. I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 6:58 pm

Rumor has it Animation college forces me to animate ugly 12 fps 1 second loops.
That rumor is correct.

http://www.truploader.com/view/859174

And here's the waving character without the other character holding him:
http://www.truploader.com/view/897462

Here's a revised version including the second character:
http://www.truploader.com/view/377118

Fuck you, easing, I don't have enough frames for you to show up.

After having finished the revised version, I conclude that with only 12 frames, my planned feel of the movement won't be possible.
I need more frames to make this one look really good.

Last edited by Tom on Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:48 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
0lelouch0

0lelouch0

PostSubject: Re: Another new doodle animation.   Another new doodle animation. I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 7:49 pm

1 second loops? You mean u only allowed 12 frames in the anim? Or am I just crazy . . .
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

PostSubject: Re: Another new doodle animation.   Another new doodle animation. I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 3:16 am

That's right, louch.

Bro, Tom, the orange guy feels way off in his gestures. The physics between him and the other completely clash. How can you even explain such an intense waving motion when you're hardly changing the position of the ankles at all? It's not a believable swing; in fact, it's more believable without the orange character.
Back to top Go down
Tom
Staff
Tom

PostSubject: Re: Another new doodle animation.   Another new doodle animation. I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 4:08 am

I was only allowed to use 12 frames.. edy, you are completely right. After having finished it, i really dislike the orange characters movement. That character completely destroys the wave movement of the other character. Luckily i saved the waving character in a separate file because i had expected this to happen...

Edit: as a comparison, I uploaded the waving character without the second character holding him. check the updated first post in this topic to see that anim.
Back to top Go down
Tom
Staff
Tom

PostSubject: Re: Another new doodle animation.   Another new doodle animation. I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 3:47 am

Check first post for a revised version.
Back to top Go down
0lelouch0

0lelouch0

PostSubject: Re: Another new doodle animation.   Another new doodle animation. I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 8:20 pm

That's better, I think there should be a more sort of, whipping action. The waving just doesn't feel right. I'm not sure, right now I'm resisting the urge to grab something an wave it around like that to see what it actually looks like >.>
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another new doodle animation.   Another new doodle animation. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Another new doodle animation.
Page 1 of 1