Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Animation Project

Go down 
+3
Edyrem
0lelouch0
Jettzin
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Jettzin

Jettzin

Animation Project Empty
PostSubject: Animation Project   Animation Project I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 5:12 pm

Im doing History Fair about the revolution of 2D to 3D animation
and i need primary resources like messages from professional animators or like interview answers
so i tried to research to see if i could contact some people at pixar or dreamworks
no dice
i really desperately need to get some answers form some pro animators and some question from the amateur (but growing in strength) new generation that is Psuda
so i was wonderin if you guys knew anyone i could talk to
maybe get some answers from them :)
Back to top Go down
0lelouch0

0lelouch0

Animation Project Empty
PostSubject: Re: Animation Project   Animation Project I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 6:48 pm

Hmm. My sister and her boyfriend both work in Weta Digital., and actually worked on the Tin Tin movie.
If you wanted I could ask them some questions.

But I'm not sure if you would really want to know about Weta Digital.
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

Animation Project Empty
PostSubject: Re: Animation Project   Animation Project I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2011 3:49 am

@lelouch; um, the fuck? Did you just ... forget to bring that shit up before? What are their skills and occupations?

@jettzin; Message Cartoonblock on youtube, he has done lots of professional work in the 2d animation field.
Back to top Go down
0lelouch0

0lelouch0

Animation Project Empty
PostSubject: Re: Animation Project   Animation Project I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2011 3:51 am

Rofl. I didn't think it was that important!
Shit man.

Well, my sister does some 3d modeling, and texture.
Her boyfriend does things like cloth and hair and lighting.
Neither of them do any actual animation. :P

But still! They helped make TIN TIN!! WHOOOO
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

Animation Project Empty
PostSubject: Re: Animation Project   Animation Project I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2011 3:56 am

Yeah and that's totally fuckin' cool lol
Man, what programs do they use? I would mingle with them a bit if I could. I'm interested in 3D shizzle.
Back to top Go down
0lelouch0

0lelouch0

Animation Project Empty
PostSubject: Re: Animation Project   Animation Project I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2011 3:58 am

Fuck knows what programs they use. I think they use a number of different things for different purposes.

They gave me Maya though, 'cause apparently it's the closet thing u'll get to learning how to animate and model. You could get that if you have a spare 2000 dollars. Or a source.

I'll ask them when they come down tomorrow, if you want me to write a list of things >.>
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

Animation Project Empty
PostSubject: Re: Animation Project   Animation Project I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2011 4:09 am

Nice bro. Alright, here:

First and foremost I'd like to see some of their works (judging by the fact that they have done work on Tintin, they must be good). Also, what a strong relationship pairing... I'm so jealous man.

Secondly, I'd like to know a basic sort of step by step process of what programs they use and what they do with them, on a detailed little piece from start to finish (at least all of the parts that each of them are involved in).

If you could provide such goodies, that would be immense.

Lol I like how I hijacked this thread.
Back to top Go down
0lelouch0

0lelouch0

Animation Project Empty
PostSubject: Re: Animation Project   Animation Project I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2011 4:13 am

Lol. "get outta here Jettzin, this is MAH thread!"

And I'll see what I can get.
I honestly don't think there's that much connection or interaction between each department. Mainly they get giving something to do, and have a certain amount of time to do it.
They all work on contracts, so that means they work as fast as they want, as long as they get it done.

Every time I ask about it though, it's confusing when they explain it. But we'll see XD

ALSO. I'm not sure how to show you any of their 'works' ... because they don't have show reels on the internet. My sister got in because her boyfriend worked their and she had a fine arts degree and they were doing a training program for texturer's.
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

Animation Project Empty
PostSubject: Re: Animation Project   Animation Project I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2011 4:34 am

Hmm, alright, just ask what program(s) they rely one and for what.

Can I see some of your sister's fine art stuff? :P
Back to top Go down
0lelouch0

0lelouch0

Animation Project Empty
PostSubject: Re: Animation Project   Animation Project I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2011 4:34 am

No.
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

Animation Project Empty
PostSubject: Re: Animation Project   Animation Project I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2011 5:06 am

mfw
Animation Project PbAW9
Back to top Go down
Hitorio
Staff
Hitorio

Animation Project Empty
PostSubject: Re: Animation Project   Animation Project I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2011 5:18 pm

Animation Project JbbrcSeyFG5UW4
Back to top Go down
Jettzin

Jettzin

Animation Project Empty
PostSubject: Re: Animation Project   Animation Project I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2011 1:48 pm

thanks for the advice edy
and SURE bro ask
once i get my questions in order
but i also have to know who they are and how they contribute professionally
for grade's sake lol :D
Back to top Go down
SethX

SethX

Animation Project Empty
PostSubject: Re: Animation Project   Animation Project I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2011 4:01 pm

Animation Project What-the-fuck-just-happened
Back to top Go down
Jettzin

Jettzin

Animation Project Empty
PostSubject: Re: Animation Project   Animation Project I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 8:28 pm

Evan Burs hasnt answered back to my message
and i tried to contact some people from Ai art institute but the most recent email hasnt been answered :(
anybody have any suggestions?
Back to top Go down
Tom
Staff
Tom

Animation Project Empty
PostSubject: Re: Animation Project   Animation Project I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 6:45 am

maybe try and contact the major studios like pixar, disney and dreamworks through their customer service stuff?
Back to top Go down
Jettzin

Jettzin

Animation Project Empty
PostSubject: Re: Animation Project   Animation Project I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 1:55 pm

yeah but i cant contact pixar
and im kinda unsure about dreamworks as well
Back to top Go down
Tom
Staff
Tom

Animation Project Empty
PostSubject: Re: Animation Project   Animation Project I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 2:01 pm

Back to top Go down
Jettzin

Jettzin

Animation Project Empty
PostSubject: Re: Animation Project   Animation Project I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 3:58 pm

read number 5 of the FAQ's :P
Back to top Go down
Tom
Staff
Tom

Animation Project Empty
PostSubject: Re: Animation Project   Animation Project I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 4:02 pm

then contact them as a journalist writing for Psuda. I think we'd all be interested in an article about the 2d/3d revolution here on Psuda.
Back to top Go down
Jettzin

Jettzin

Animation Project Empty
PostSubject: Re: Animation Project   Animation Project I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 4:45 pm

okay I'll try
but i get to keep the official title afterwards as well
along with twister master and ruler of taboo
im not too good at monopoly
Back to top Go down
Jettzin

Jettzin

Animation Project Empty
PostSubject: Re: Animation Project   Animation Project I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2011 3:12 pm

HOLY crap
its due in a week and no one is answering back
who would like to volunteer for the "amateur" animators who answer the same set of questions :D
Back to top Go down
Tom
Staff
Tom

Animation Project Empty
PostSubject: Re: Animation Project   Animation Project I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2011 3:18 pm

haha go ahead
post here
Back to top Go down
0lelouch0

0lelouch0

Animation Project Empty
PostSubject: Re: Animation Project   Animation Project I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2011 4:09 pm

I think anyone here will be whiling to answer your questions.
Back to top Go down
Jettzin

Jettzin

Animation Project Empty
PostSubject: Re: Animation Project   Animation Project I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2011 6:06 pm

OK here goes:

What was your reaction to the creation of 3D animation?
Has 3D animation changed your work process or work in anyway? Why or why not?
How did 3D animation change the animation industry?
Do you think 3D animation has revolutionized the animation industry? Why or why not?
Has 3D animation made anything easier for the animators or anyone else in a production of an animation? Why or why not?
Do you think 3D animation is helpful to the animation community? Why or why not?
How has 3D animation affected the film industry?
Why do you think 3D animation is seen more in the mainstream?
Do you believe that 2D animation is beginning to be a lost art? Why or why not?
Do you think 2D animation has more competition now because of 3D animation? Why or why not?
Do you believe that the essence of 2D animation still lives in 3D animation? Why or why not?
How much has changed since the early days of “Steamboat Willie”?
How has 3D animation affected culture?
Do see 3D animation to continue in say, 30 to 50 years from now? Why or why not?
Where do you think animation is headed next?
What are your personal feelings on 3D animation?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Animation Project Empty
PostSubject: Re: Animation Project   Animation Project I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Animation Project
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next