Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Things in Animation Production other than Animation itself

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Jettzin

Jettzin

Things in Animation Production other than Animation itself Empty
PostSubject: Things in Animation Production other than Animation itself   Things in Animation Production other than Animation itself I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 10:26 am

We really stress on the animation, which by no means is bad. I mean, hey, we're an animation forum of course "what else would we care about"
Well i know a portion of you want to see Psuda rise and become something more, like a studio and you just can't have a team of great animators to make a studio.
You need writers, thinkers, sound teams, character design etc. I don't even know what other positions there are in making animated films. I'm not saying we should emphasize it more than animation
but we should have more basic knowledge of these things. I myself can't rely on popular songs do to copy right laws and so i'm trying to find methods for other ways to acquire music, like finding a program to make music. We should learn the process of making animated films and such.
Process Breakdown:
Working:
Actors:
post if you find anymore behind the scenes or anything like it :D

Thoughts?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Things in Animation Production other than Animation itself   Things in Animation Production other than Animation itself I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 3:29 pm

Great find I only watched the first video because it shows the parts I'm most interested in but very cool Jet.
Back to top Go down
Hitorio
Staff
Hitorio

PostSubject: Re: Things in Animation Production other than Animation itself   Things in Animation Production other than Animation itself I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 5:49 am

Silly me. We've been researching quite a bit about animation studios as a whole and such, but didn't really consider posting the info that we found onto Psuda, it seems. I suppose we should turn this into a collection thread of random info.
AniPages and its forum is a sweet spot for avid Sakuga fans who know quite a bit about the industry over out East to gather and discuss. Yeah, the info is actually Japanese, but it's informative nonetheless. There are also some YT vids that I should be posting about the production of certain movies.

Some of us can fill more than one position, by the way, not that we plan to stay as small as we are. I can write, direct (in an amateurish-but-effective manner) and on some level, character design.

EDIT:
This is Part 1 of like 20,538,295,304 parts on YouTube of the behind the scenes (just about every step of creation) of Miyazaki's Princess Mononoke.
Back to top Go down
Jettzin

Jettzin

PostSubject: Re: Things in Animation Production other than Animation itself   Things in Animation Production other than Animation itself I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 4:40 pm

great stuff ill read in week or after i get my groundbound butt lifted
since im not allowed to use the comp for a week :P
it'll teach me somethin'
ANYWAYS yeah good stufff i encourage it bro
also i might need help with my series(since i planned to do it alone for animation and stuff)
but thats not realistic really, but i do plan on using only a short number of animators
cuz i wanna be proud enough to do something kinda on my own
ya feel me?
but, HEY, we'll cross the bridge after we take out the giant lightning breathing dragon munster in its way
Back to top Go down
Hitorio
Staff
Hitorio

PostSubject: Re: Things in Animation Production other than Animation itself   Things in Animation Production other than Animation itself I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 5:38 pm

Every one of us has ideas for our own series. Looks like we'll have to have...auditions.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Things in Animation Production other than Animation itself   Things in Animation Production other than Animation itself I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 5:44 pm

Hitorio never really told us about his, I've seen early work but I'm sure it's evolved sense then, it seemed plane to me.
Back to top Go down
Hitorio
Staff
Hitorio

PostSubject: Re: Things in Animation Production other than Animation itself   Things in Animation Production other than Animation itself I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 6:04 pm

It actually evolved so much that, for a second, I had no idea what you were talking about when you said "early work." Good sign. The growth over the past coupla years has been ridiculous as far as writing prowess goes. I intend to direct as well, y'know. :P
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Things in Animation Production other than Animation itself   Things in Animation Production other than Animation itself I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 6:07 pm

Yay!
Back to top Go down
Jettzin

Jettzin

PostSubject: Re: Things in Animation Production other than Animation itself   Things in Animation Production other than Animation itself I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 7:24 pm

me too bro
can we see the early beginnings?
maybe a snippet and two
also ive got my scanner working
solution: installation CD
so yeah be seein' some paper sketches by me :D
actually yeah way ahead of you
i already auditioned for De8's last series :D
haha but yeah he had to discontinue and revamp it
so yeah i said it be funny for me to voice as his lead and his as mine haha
Back to top Go down
Hitorio
Staff
Hitorio

PostSubject: Re: Things in Animation Production other than Animation itself   Things in Animation Production other than Animation itself I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 7:34 pm

I'm not going to be creating a solid series while I'm still evolving. I'll outgrow it and shed it like I did with my last works years ago, which have been rather embarrassing. I'm still growing. I have no early works.
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

PostSubject: Re: Things in Animation Production other than Animation itself   Things in Animation Production other than Animation itself I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 7:09 am

Great material in here. I'll make sure to post anything relevant to this when it comes to my attention.
Come to think of it, I can think of something right off the top of my head: Foley art.

Sounds are the crunch in the crackers. Without them, you'd just have a soggy-ass cracker.

Here's a short demonstration of how such a mundane action could produce a believable sound for something extreme, like gore.

Basic process:

And here's the big shit:
About Jurassic Park SFX:
About Avatar SFX:
It gets more extensive:
About Star Wars SFX (10 minute video):
And finally:
About LOTR SFX (8 mins, part 1 of several):
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Things in Animation Production other than Animation itself   Things in Animation Production other than Animation itself I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Things in Animation Production other than Animation itself
Page 1 of 1