Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Radium's Anims!

Go down 
+4
Touma
Jettzin
SethX
Radium
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Radium

Radium

Radium's Anims! Empty
PostSubject: Radium's Anims!   Radium's Anims! I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2011 12:10 am

I'm relatively new to FB animation so I'm going to keep track of my progress on this thread. CC is very much appreciated!

http://i-radium.deviantart.com/art/FB-1-Ba-252928918?q=gallery%3Ai-radium&qo=2
This was one of my firsts (my real first is too ugly to show).

http://i-radium.deviantart.com/art/FB-2-Movements-252930124?q=gallery%3Ai-radium&qo=1
I really wanted to practice some movements, so i made this. I tried making the shirt and hair flow with the direction he was going but i think i failed? ._.

http://i-radium.deviantart.com/art/FB-3-Run-Cycle-252931383?q=gallery%3Ai-radium&qo=0
This is a basic run cycle. I made it at a slight angle, cuz that's boss.

http://www.truploader.com/view/791806
I FINALLY FIGURED OUT MY SKELETON! YEESSHH! Well yeah, wanted to test out my skeleton, turns out the the solution ot my waist problem is giving the skeleton diapers, and solution to shoulder problem is using an upside down triangle for torso :D

http://www.fileize.com/view/542a3c0a-85e/ NEW!
Using my new and improved skeleton, i lazily made this pitch... obviously inspired by that episode of samurai shamploo :P
EDIT: after watching this a few times, and trying it myself, I noticed that he should have lifted his back leg, so.. yeah, i may or may not fix that (laazzyyy)

http://www.fileize.com/view/52ae22c1-117/ NEW!
I felt like i was improving so i made another.. this one has a sword.. i lazed out the drawing so much lol but i like the hair

Thanks for the support :D
-88Ra (Radium)

Last edited by Radium on Sun Sep 04, 2011 9:26 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
SethX

SethX

Radium's Anims! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radium's Anims!   Radium's Anims! I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2011 12:16 am

you dont animate enough for my tastes, son. ANIMATE MORE. right now.
Back to top Go down
Radium

Radium

Radium's Anims! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radium's Anims!   Radium's Anims! I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2011 12:25 am

._. okay father.
Back to top Go down
Jettzin

Jettzin

Radium's Anims! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radium's Anims!   Radium's Anims! I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2011 10:00 am

lol i liked the run cycle
your style is reminiscent to scott pilgrim
kinda
any inspiration from there?
Back to top Go down
Touma

Touma

Radium's Anims! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radium's Anims!   Radium's Anims! I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2011 12:06 pm

hey could you just put a post up in the are you new here section, and properly introduce yourself it would make everyone notice you a bit more(just saying).

Back to top Go down
SethX

SethX

Radium's Anims! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radium's Anims!   Radium's Anims! I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2011 12:09 pm

you lied to me son. you said you introduced yourself :| i am not amuse.
Back to top Go down
Radium

Radium

Radium's Anims! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radium's Anims!   Radium's Anims! I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 11:56 am

i thought i did introduce myslef :O ima go check , lol sorry :<
edit: jettzin , no, not inspired by Scott Pilgrim lol
Back to top Go down
Tom
Staff
Tom

Radium's Anims! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radium's Anims!   Radium's Anims! I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2011 9:04 am

Link 1:

Hard to comment on, really short clip. I see you're going for a more cartoony look though, good stuff!

Link 2:

Needs moar Inbetweenz. Get that movement to look smoother, less jumpy from one frame to the next one. seems like there's a lot of doubleframing and some triple framing there (?)

Link 3:

When someone runs, they're basically performing a repetitive jumping motion, which means the body moves up and down.
Use that knowledge and work on those.
Also, try to make your cycles a bit more interesting. Everybody and their grandma knows the basic run cycles, spice it up a bit!
Back to top Go down
SethX

SethX

Radium's Anims! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radium's Anims!   Radium's Anims! I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2011 8:40 pm

helloooo radium update your topic man. you've made something else and i know it... (cough cough you know what im talkin' 'bout)
Back to top Go down
Radium

Radium

Radium's Anims! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radium's Anims!   Radium's Anims! I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 10:08 am

Tom, thanks for the CC, I'll try to use ur tips! (and yeah there's a looott of triple framing :| maybe i should use them less? <.<)
Sethx, its ugly, so im gonna make better stuff ...

Last edited by Radium on Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SethX

SethX

Radium's Anims! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radium's Anims!   Radium's Anims! I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 10:32 am

it wasn't ugly though .-. ... at all.
Back to top Go down
Radium

Radium

Radium's Anims! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radium's Anims!   Radium's Anims! I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 1:11 am

it was extremely ugly , and im working on other stuff
Back to top Go down
Sunny-go

Radium's Anims! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radium's Anims!   Radium's Anims! I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 4:59 pm

Hi there, Your animations are good for a beginner :) But it seems you have yet to learn the basics of it all :) For better understanding of the basics I recommend the bouncing ball, as it will deal with the easing of movements. As for the run, there are a few poses for the run to rememer. Try searching for the çontact, down, passing and up motions ;)
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

Radium's Anims! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radium's Anims!   Radium's Anims! I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 6:44 pm

Radium your stuff is actually okay imo.
Your run cycle looks weird, though. His head and torso seem stuck in the air while the arms and legs move. No shoulder or hip turning, no head or torso bouncing.
Back to top Go down
Radium

Radium

Radium's Anims! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radium's Anims!   Radium's Anims! I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 11:24 am

updated lol, FINALLY FIGURED OUT MY SKELETON YEEESSSHHH!!!
thanks for the comments edyrem and sunny-go, i'll try practicing more of the basics :D
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

Radium's Anims! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radium's Anims!   Radium's Anims! I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 6:22 pm

Congrats on that, but believe me, if you keep driving yourself forward as an artist, you'll probably "discover" your skeleton again and again.
Back to top Go down
Radium

Radium

Radium's Anims! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radium's Anims!   Radium's Anims! I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 8:30 pm

no doubt on that mistar ;)
Back to top Go down
SethX

SethX

Radium's Anims! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radium's Anims!   Radium's Anims! I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2011 4:53 pm

@edyrem, as i've improved i've switched skeletons like 20 times.
@radium i see that you drew rough legs instead of lines, but kept the arm's as lines. it seems wierd to me, but if it works for you then GO FOR IT. <- my point in saying this is that it could make a small challenge to show perspective when your doing angles if your arm's are sticks :D
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

Radium's Anims! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radium's Anims!   Radium's Anims! I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2011 6:43 am

Yeah Seth, that's what I'm talking about :P

Also, I agree with the advice if Radium wishes to better his anatomy skills.
Back to top Go down
Hitorio
Staff
Hitorio

Radium's Anims! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radium's Anims!   Radium's Anims! I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2011 6:53 am

Plus, there're also different skeletons for different applications and types of movement. Sticking to one isn't gonna work well if your cuts are visually diverse.
..nikka.
Back to top Go down
SethX

SethX

Radium's Anims! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radium's Anims!   Radium's Anims! I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2011 10:37 am

:O i never thought of switching skeletons. i think it'd be hard to keep my proportions the same if i kept switching skeletons mid-anim, but that's just me. (happy late birthday btw mang)
Back to top Go down
Hitorio
Staff
Hitorio

Radium's Anims! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radium's Anims!   Radium's Anims! I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2011 6:34 am

(osht; he noticed.) Tee Wai, fellow Psudan; the animation community is the only place to be if I want to celebrate anything.

...Suppose you've got a shot in which your camera rotates around the char and you wanna keep those proportiopns. Get geometric. Suppose you've got a very zoomed out shot that focuses purely on movement -- get simple. Suppose you're animating dialogue -- absolutely go deep on that head. (Harharhar)
Back to top Go down
Radium

Radium

Radium's Anims! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radium's Anims!   Radium's Anims! I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2011 8:09 am

New anim :>
Back to top Go down
Jettzin

Jettzin

Radium's Anims! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radium's Anims!   Radium's Anims! I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2011 10:24 am

the end should have had a bit more frames for easing into the last pose
BUT SO MUCH improvement bro cool
though i would like to see your scott pilgrim style(for the lack of the better word) animations every now and then :D
Back to top Go down
Radium

Radium

Radium's Anims! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radium's Anims!   Radium's Anims! I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2011 10:28 am

LOL yeahhh SP STYLE FTW XD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Radium's Anims! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radium's Anims!   Radium's Anims! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Radium's Anims!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next