Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

2 unfinished things

Go down 
+3
Tom
Edyrem
Creativename
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Creativename

Creativename

2 unfinished things Empty
PostSubject: 2 unfinished things   2 unfinished things I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 3:58 am

Hey guys. I've got these two unfinished things that I figured I'd post here, lest nobody ever see them ever.

This one was a request and I thought I could make it cool, but it's just too retarded for me to be interested in. Plus, the shitty parts really ate away at me. I've got better work to be doing.

http://www.fileize.com/view/e6436bf3-dbc/

This one I want to finish, even though it's kinda crappy as a work of art, because I really love Dinosaur Comics. I wanna tell Ryan North how special he is, you know? But this is so fucking boring to work on, and the 3rd panel has to be redone, and I just can't bere the boredom.

http://www.fileize.com/view/42280a3d-dbc/

I've got an actually good cartoon in the works that I'll definitely finish, but the first scenes are already really hard to figure out, so you guys wont see it for a bit.

http://www.fileize.com/view/dfaa86ea-41f/

Last edited by Creativename on Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Creativename

Creativename

PostSubject: Re: 2 unfinished things   2 unfinished things I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 4:15 am

This too, actually.

http://www.fileize.com/view/a8ab345d-745/

It was hugely fun to make and it looks kinda sweet, but I've just got too much stuff to work on.
Back to top Go down
Creativename

Creativename

PostSubject: Re: 2 unfinished things   2 unfinished things I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 4:18 am

Oh sheesh, and now that I'm talking, I'd actually like to ask something. The third URL I posted, which leads to the binocular-thing is really important to me, so I could use you help. If you could go ahead and right-click it after is starts and stop it from playing, you'll hear the whole audio track. What I'm worried about is that the audio might sound beyond bad and delving into the realm of terrible. If the audio is not repulsive to you, it's good enough for me, but if you wince or are upset by it at all, please say so. I really need a real microphone.
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

PostSubject: Re: 2 unfinished things   2 unfinished things I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 5:51 am

omfg the comic one
I fucking love you

oh god please finish it
Back to top Go down
Tom
Staff
Tom

PostSubject: Re: 2 unfinished things   2 unfinished things I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 6:09 am

CN, the audio is great. if ever I need a voice actor, I'm coming to you!
What mic are you using currently? link to some place online?
The skeleton was awesome too, you've become my favorite animator on Psuda, buddy.
Back to top Go down
tocksique

tocksique

PostSubject: Re: 2 unfinished things   2 unfinished things I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 2:35 pm

Those were sex! (as always) but i would love to see some more
Back to top Go down
Hitorio
Staff
Hitorio

PostSubject: Re: 2 unfinished things   2 unfinished things I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 11:41 pm

Edyrem wrote:
omfg the comic one
I fucking love you

oh god please finish it

It looks like your old anims. >: p

Good shit, CN. It's refreshing to see a guy that throws around keyframes with actual understanding of perspectives and motions... and strings 'em together to make milky animation.
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

PostSubject: Re: 2 unfinished things   2 unfinished things I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 4:17 am

I love the comic one especially for the fact that he's animating that comic, aside from how nice it looks.

I don't know if he actually keys his animations yet. Last I heard, he doesn't.
Back to top Go down
Creativename

Creativename

PostSubject: Re: 2 unfinished things   2 unfinished things I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 8:05 am

Okay, so, I made this, and wanna talk about it real quick:

2 unfinished things Ynxxj

It took hours and hours to make and I could ramble about its flaws and qualities forever, but I especially wanna point out this erroneous face that I almost gave her.

2 unfinished things 7idna

It was really cool how totally misguided my attempt at doing her face was. I don't normally do anime, so I knew for sure that I would make her face really ugly if I didn't plan it out really well, but my plan was so mechanical and didn't follow the body's rhythm at all.

This particular thing was too complex to make with either strait-ahead or pose-to-pose, for me at least. I laid down lines at random until the whole thing was done.

Even now, I'm seeing loads of stuff that could be improved with simple fixes, but whatever, I already learned as much from this as I'm ever gonna.

Happy birthday, Tocksique.
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

PostSubject: Re: 2 unfinished things   2 unfinished things I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 9:17 am

There's this jello quality to your animations that I notice. It's a bit blobby, wobbly, weird.

But I think I'm fond of your 'random line placement' style. I think you're onto something, mate.

Ayyy, two peope on Psuda already got the same birthdates.
Back to top Go down
tocksique

tocksique

PostSubject: Re: 2 unfinished things   2 unfinished things I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 2:39 pm

Creativename wrote:

Happy birthday, Tocksique.
thanks man! And btw, do you sketch it out first? Or do you just straight up animate it?
Back to top Go down
Creativename

Creativename

PostSubject: Re: 2 unfinished things   2 unfinished things I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 10:13 pm

I do lots of different stuff. But never for the sake of doing lots of different stuff; there's always a best method to get things done. Strait-ahead is the most fun. Basically all my early stuff was pose-to-pose, because strait-ahead really isn't a novice technique.

For loops, I mostly focus on pose-to-pose, but I don't usually draw in all their details at once. For that girl, I first made her left arm pretty much complete, then I made her hips and tried to make sure that the arm wasn't leading the rest if her body. I had to do a lot of going back and fixing errors with her. This was probably not the best way to make her.

Strait-ahead is the only way to go for lip syncing. It can seem really hard, but I swear it'll give the best results.

I never draw a skeleton before inking their lines. It's too inefficient to be any fun. Committing to a skeleton can mean committing to mistakes anyway. My earlier animations were really vague, and I would leave out animating limbs that weren't important. They just gradually became more detailed and complete over time, so I hope that that'll continue.
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

PostSubject: Re: 2 unfinished things   2 unfinished things I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 9:42 am

It blows my noodle that I never considered this animating method before meeting you. I'm certainly going to experiment with this... there's clearly an advantage with it. If only I'd thought of using it in my straight-ahead animating days.
Back to top Go down
Jones

Jones

PostSubject: Re: 2 unfinished things   2 unfinished things I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 10:14 pm

Ive seen a good bit of you animations over time. Very good.
Like Edyrem said, that style is very unique.
Back to top Go down
Creativename

Creativename

PostSubject: Re: 2 unfinished things   2 unfinished things I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 3:06 pm

I just remembered this, from like a year ago:
https://i.imgur.com/6GccV.gif
He had this compatriot:
https://i.imgur.com/lsczR.gif

Unrelatedly, I always thought that this slugdog was really cool, but I messed up his front left paw and never fixed it:
https://i.imgur.com/RTZuG.gif
Actually, I regret up a whole portion of the loop, and I'd be cutting out lots of good frames if I even wanted to make it better.

EDIT: It's good that you guys like the dog thing. I draw a lot of things by using methods that I used to make that dog thing, and people say the drawings are unintelligible and no-good. I like them very much, though, so it's weird, guessing at how people might react.

Last edited by Creativename on Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:02 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
tocksique

tocksique

PostSubject: Re: 2 unfinished things   2 unfinished things I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 3:21 pm

SEEXXXYYY!!! I LOVE YOUR WORK! :D You should really finish alot of those though
Back to top Go down
Jones

Jones

PostSubject: Re: 2 unfinished things   2 unfinished things I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 6:30 am

Dude.... :O
The fucking dog thing....
Awesome
Something about things in some of your animations. I think its the extra lines that are drawn and how the outline changes sometimes. I cant really explain myself clearly i Know
The smoothness of the legs hold that anim together and helps w/ the whole thing.
Back to top Go down
Creativename

Creativename

PostSubject: Re: 2 unfinished things   2 unfinished things I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2012 7:10 am

2 unfinished things EoG7C
Silly ponies make a neat subject for experimentations, and for inking too.

EDIT: I actually did change this animation around after posting here. Here is what this Fluttershy looked like when I first posted.

Last edited by Creativename on Tue May 01, 2012 5:22 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Jones

Jones

PostSubject: Re: 2 unfinished things   2 unfinished things I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2012 7:57 am

It feels really alive. Love the blinking.
What fps and How long did that take you?
Back to top Go down
Creativename

Creativename

PostSubject: Re: 2 unfinished things   2 unfinished things I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2012 8:01 am

Jones wrote:
It feels really alive. Love the blinking.
What fps and How long did that take you?
It's 36 frames, and it felt like it took a really long time. 12-15 hours? It's 6 fps and would be improved if I in-betweened.
Back to top Go down
Jones

Jones

PostSubject: Re: 2 unfinished things   2 unfinished things I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2012 8:21 am

Damn man thats a long time. You got a good result though.
Were you trying something new or specific here? Im pretty sure you usually animate quicker than that.
Back to top Go down
Creativename

Creativename

PostSubject: Re: 2 unfinished things   2 unfinished things I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2012 8:26 am

Jones wrote:
Damn man thats a long time. You got a good result though.
Were you trying something new or specific here? Im pretty sure you usually animate quicker than that.
I can in-between pretty quick but that's the only fast part. Inking especially is slow.

Yeah, I was playing with the hair a whole lot. Her body moves well, I think, but her hair is crazy crazy crazy. I'm really interested in how these like roiling, bouncing lines can be used. But they're more trouble than they're worth.
Back to top Go down
Hitorio
Staff
Hitorio

PostSubject: Re: 2 unfinished things   2 unfinished things I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2012 7:05 am

Thanks for reminding me just how much spending time on a piece matters. Sometimes, to psychologically secure yourself when working on a complex piece, you have to think of your completion rate and your indirectly-correlated quality in terms of the hours that you pump in. ...and not try to finish too fast.
Back to top Go down
Creativename

Creativename

PostSubject: Re: 2 unfinished things   2 unfinished things I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2012 7:12 am

Hitorio wrote:
Thanks for reminding me just how much spending time on a piece matters. Sometimes, to psychologically secure yourself when working on a complex piece, you have to think of your completion rate and your indirectly-correlated quality in terms of the hours that you pump in. ...and not try to finish too fast.

Actually the truth is, there are real changes that I can still really make to this particular animation. It can be better, now that I've studied it more and stuff.

But I don't control what interests me and improving this would be really boring.

EDIT: I actually did go back and make my changes. It didn't take long, but the colors caused a real nuisance since fill colors block onion skins.

Last edited by Creativename on Tue May 01, 2012 5:26 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Hitorio
Staff
Hitorio

PostSubject: Re: 2 unfinished things   2 unfinished things I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2012 7:14 am

You said "actually," but what did that point have to do with my comment on time? Lawl.
...and yes. If artists are any good, they're always finding ways that their shit can be better.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2 unfinished things   2 unfinished things I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2 unfinished things
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next