Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tom's Epic Animation Gallery of Epic proportions of Epicness

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Tom
Staff
Tom

Tom's Epic Animation Gallery of Epic proportions of Epicness Empty
PostSubject: Tom's Epic Animation Gallery of Epic proportions of Epicness   Tom's Epic Animation Gallery of Epic proportions of Epicness I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 1:40 pm

As I am now in animation college, I've begun to animate a ridiculous amount compared to how much I did in the past.
This means that I'll most likely be spamming Psuda with updates of animations and adding new animations to the forum.

To prevent myself from flooding Psuda's animation section, I decided to use this topic to dump everything I make.

Here's the first thing after the latest topics I started:

http://www.truploader.com/view/767491

Edit because I'm calling it a night for now.. almost 2 AM, I'll continue tomorrow.
This is what I have so far, an updated/ extended version of the previous one:

http://www.truploader.com/view/888424

2nd Edit: Here's the latest version, some parts are cleaned, but most of it isn't.
Will clean it today and maybe tomorrow if I can't finish it today. sound effects will be added tomorrow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KW-C1ZkoJZc

Third Edit: I uploaded the final version for the animation to YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfMRn66wVqQ

The assignment is to make a 10 second animation, traditionally ( on paper ) and add sound effects or some music that syncs with the animation.
I chose to add sound effects. ( which will happen after I finish this damn thing )

I'm currently at frame 114 out of 240, and the deadline is on Tuesday.
This animation has to be cleaned and colored and be given a background before then.
FML.

Animation college is awesome, but the deadlines are just plain crazy.

Fourth edit: I uploaded a sort of showreel so you can see what I've been working on lately, the bear isn't included as it's already shown here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLCVK9NYKtQ

Fifth update: a previsualization for a cut out assignment for college

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJuw9MaPgpo

Í'm going to create a cut out version of this animation, hopefully exactly like you see in this animation, but then in my actual room with actual paper version of the drawn character.

Last edited by Tom on Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:40 pm; edited 7 times in total
Back to top Go down
SethX

SethX

PostSubject: Re: Tom's Epic Animation Gallery of Epic proportions of Epicness   Tom's Epic Animation Gallery of Epic proportions of Epicness I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 1:50 pm

whoaaaa that was cool. i really love how you chose to animate a teddy bear. the shape of the arms and legs really accentuates perspective. i love it so far!
Back to top Go down
Tom
Staff
Tom

PostSubject: Re: Tom's Epic Animation Gallery of Epic proportions of Epicness   Tom's Epic Animation Gallery of Epic proportions of Epicness I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 5:53 pm

Check first post for update.

Thanks for the comment by the way SethX.
This is gonna be a real bitch to clean, though..
Back to top Go down
Isaac

PostSubject: Re: Tom's Epic Animation Gallery of Epic proportions of Epicness   Tom's Epic Animation Gallery of Epic proportions of Epicness I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2011 7:25 pm

That looks like a lot of work, but it came out nice. The way the bear's head moves makes the run a little stiff. To me it seems like it should move more fluidly and move up and down more. It looks good though, I really like it being traditional.
Back to top Go down
Tom
Staff
Tom

PostSubject: Re: Tom's Epic Animation Gallery of Epic proportions of Epicness   Tom's Epic Animation Gallery of Epic proportions of Epicness I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 3:37 am

Yes I agree, the run cycle looked slightly better in Flash, but upon redrawing it on paper, I forgot to make the arms move and the body didn't sway enough.
As I had to reach a deadline, I decided to let it stay as it was at that moment and focus on the rest of the animation.
Back to top Go down
Tom
Staff
Tom

PostSubject: Re: Tom's Epic Animation Gallery of Epic proportions of Epicness   Tom's Epic Animation Gallery of Epic proportions of Epicness I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2011 3:31 am

Check my first post to see an update containing a link to my anim showreel sort of thing!
tell me what you think :)
Back to top Go down
Isaac

PostSubject: Re: Tom's Epic Animation Gallery of Epic proportions of Epicness   Tom's Epic Animation Gallery of Epic proportions of Epicness I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2011 4:00 pm

The show reel looks good. I have to say i like the martial arts guy the best. There's something about the orange outlined guy and the blue outlined guy that's always felt weird to me, but other than that i like them all. They show a lot of emotion in the characters.
Back to top Go down
Tom
Staff
Tom

PostSubject: Re: Tom's Epic Animation Gallery of Epic proportions of Epicness   Tom's Epic Animation Gallery of Epic proportions of Epicness I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2011 4:02 pm

Thanks, that weird moving loop isn't my thing either, I had to do it for college.. lol
I'll keep posting stuff from college here on Psuda in hopes that there's a neat progress visible!
Back to top Go down
Tom
Staff
Tom

PostSubject: Re: Tom's Epic Animation Gallery of Epic proportions of Epicness   Tom's Epic Animation Gallery of Epic proportions of Epicness I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2011 2:41 pm

Updated first post with a new assignment for college. this one is still in Pre-viz phase, but will be turned into fullblown mixed cut out and stop motion this weekend.
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

PostSubject: Re: Tom's Epic Animation Gallery of Epic proportions of Epicness   Tom's Epic Animation Gallery of Epic proportions of Epicness I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 11:06 am

I wish you ordered these in reverse-chronological order :(

/e: It looks okay by paper animation standards :P you're good to go bro

Last edited by Edyrem on Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tom
Staff
Tom

PostSubject: Re: Tom's Epic Animation Gallery of Epic proportions of Epicness   Tom's Epic Animation Gallery of Epic proportions of Epicness I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 11:07 am

Lol, lazy bum.

If you edit it so it's in reverse chronological order, I'll keep that up in the future.
Back to top Go down
Tom
Staff
Tom

PostSubject: Re: Tom's Epic Animation Gallery of Epic proportions of Epicness   Tom's Epic Animation Gallery of Epic proportions of Epicness I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 6:27 pm

Too lazy to update my first post, so here's a new lip sync animation im working on for college:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4x4_kMxSZA
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tom's Epic Animation Gallery of Epic proportions of Epicness   Tom's Epic Animation Gallery of Epic proportions of Epicness I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tom's Epic Animation Gallery of Epic proportions of Epicness
Page 1 of 1