Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Question about human proportions.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
CubeX

Question about human proportions. Empty
PostSubject: Question about human proportions.   Question about human proportions. I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 1:40 pm

When I draw a person, the arms are always too fat or too thin...
So my question is, how can I know the arm proportions?
Maybe I don't draw the arms correctly?
I just need a tip from an advance artist on how to draw arms.
Back to top Go down
0lelouch0

0lelouch0

PostSubject: Re: Question about human proportions.   Question about human proportions. I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 7:44 pm

What do you men too fat or too thin?
I wanna see this, some pictures. But honestly the best way you can learn is probably just looking at arms from real people.
Draw from real pictures of real people a lot in heaps of different poses, then hopefully you'll start to see some links.
Back to top Go down
CubeX

PostSubject: Re: Question about human proportions.   Question about human proportions. I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 4:22 am

0lelouch0 wrote:
What do you men too fat or too thin?
I wanna see this, some pictures. But honestly the best way you can learn is probably just looking at arms from real people.
Draw from real pictures of real people a lot in heaps of different poses, then hopefully you'll start to see some links.
I'll try to post some examples later.
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

PostSubject: Re: Question about human proportions.   Question about human proportions. I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 9:35 am

If you really want to understand arms, then observe images of arm bones, how the elbows work, and then how the muscles work. Once you do that you'll have a good idea on the thickness of arms.

Of course, when studying the actual muscles and stuff, you'll probably draw whacky proportions; that's okay, it happens to me whenever I'm learning new anatomy. It's just the process. Once you get the shapes down, concentrate on the proportions. It'll be much easier to do after learning the anatomy, since you seem to be having a hard time studying proportions of it as you are at the moment.
Back to top Go down
CubeX

PostSubject: Re: Question about human proportions.   Question about human proportions. I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 10:13 am

Edyrem wrote:
If you really want to understand arms, then observe images of arm bones, how the elbows work, and then how the muscles work. Once you do that you'll have a good idea on the thickness of arms.

Of course, when studying the actual muscles and stuff, you'll probably draw whacky proportions; that's okay, it happens to me whenever I'm learning new anatomy. It's just the process. Once you get the shapes down, concentrate on the proportions. It'll be much easier to do after learning the anatomy, since you seem to be having a hard time studying proportions of it as you are at the moment.
Do you know a good way of learning anatomy without wasting hours and hours on reading 200 paged books?
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

PostSubject: Re: Question about human proportions.   Question about human proportions. I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 12:51 pm

Yes. Find pictures of arm muscles, and look at them at different angles so you can get the idea of the muscles.

Start by drawing each reference picture you see, like, exactly as you see it. Draw a few different pictures like this, copying them. As you do this, you notice how differently you draw the same muscles at different angles.

Pretty much just look through the muscles as thoroughly as possible to figure out anything you're confused about.

http://hippie.nu/~unicorn/tut/xhtml/#basics-humananatomy

Click the arm on the list. Some nice diagrams of the arm muscles.

You can find many more, but if you really can't help yourself, just come back here.
Back to top Go down
CubeX

PostSubject: Re: Question about human proportions.   Question about human proportions. I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 4:21 am

Edyrem wrote:
Yes. Find pictures of arm muscles, and look at them at different angles so you can get the idea of the muscles.

Start by drawing each reference picture you see, like, exactly as you see it. Draw a few different pictures like this, copying them. As you do this, you notice how differently you draw the same muscles at different angles.

Pretty much just look through the muscles as thoroughly as possible to figure out anything you're confused about.

http://hippie.nu/~unicorn/tut/xhtml/#basics-humananatomy

Click the arm on the list. Some nice diagrams of the arm muscles.

You can find many more, but if you really can't help yourself, just come back here.
Thank you, this will probably help.
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

PostSubject: Re: Question about human proportions.   Question about human proportions. I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 9:53 am

Sure thing big dawg.
Back to top Go down
CubeX

PostSubject: Re: Question about human proportions.   Question about human proportions. I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 11:21 am

Edyrem wrote:
Sure thing big dawg.
I like dem drawingz.
I like dem dawg.
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

PostSubject: Re: Question about human proportions.   Question about human proportions. I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 11:05 am

My drawings?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Question about human proportions.   Question about human proportions. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Question about human proportions.
Page 1 of 1