Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

1st Painting

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Jettzin

Jettzin

1st Painting Empty
PostSubject: 1st Painting   1st Painting I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 18, 2012 8:18 pm

1st Painting 0da6b110
first time digitally painting :D
woot im tired
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

1st Painting Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1st Painting   1st Painting I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 5:32 pm

Hey, not bad dude. I didn't know you had it in you.

At first glance the colors are all saturated with hardly any darkness or neutrality in any spot. Having trouble picking colors, buddymate?

Let's see the photo ref first so I can see how accurate your color and value choices are.
Back to top Go down
Jettzin

Jettzin

1st Painting Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1st Painting   1st Painting I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 6:02 pm

well okay
i did have some trouble pickin colors :P

1st Painting Derawi11
Back to top Go down
Hitorio
Staff
Hitorio

1st Painting Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1st Painting   1st Painting I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 7:44 pm

Good shit for the first time, even if the colors aren't lain out verbatim. I do recommend that you blend those colors so that they transition from one color to another. That's part of the key of realism, seeing as how blending happens (a shade from dark to light or light to dark) happens when light hits a curved object and the object is lightened less and less as its surface is less perpendicular to the light.
...also, don't draw the finished lineart first again. Build that shit up from basic shapes, y'know?
Based on your anatomic prowess, I'm guessing that you don't yet know the human body finely enough to apply shading with precision, so learn that human body some more. This means you must do that rigorous, boring shit...yep. ...and when you get realistic shading, painting will be quite easy(er).
Back to top Go down
Jettzin

Jettzin

1st Painting Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1st Painting   1st Painting I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 8:03 pm

it i thought you were supposed to put down some lines first then paint?
im confused
Back to top Go down
Hitorio
Staff
Hitorio

1st Painting Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1st Painting   1st Painting I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 8:34 pm

Yeah. Lines, then paint.
...but you put down the finished lineart first instead of doing rough drafts. I'm saying: rough draft that schitt.
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

1st Painting Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1st Painting   1st Painting I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 8:49 pm

By the way, the face's proportions are like, distorted. Not too much, though, you just need to pull the top left inside a little bit.
THIS IS HOW OP ACTUALLY PERCEIVES THE WORLD, ONLY THEN CAN YOU UNDERSTAND:
Do like this for the painting process:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

1st Painting Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1st Painting   1st Painting I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1st Painting
Page 1 of 1