Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Assloads of Anime Roughs

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Hitorio
Staff
Hitorio

Assloads of Anime Roughs Empty
PostSubject: Assloads of Anime Roughs   Assloads of Anime Roughs I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 6:41 am

http://unkoest.tumblr.com/
http://unkoer.tumblr.com/

These two blogs have a huge mass of roughs frames/storyboards/design sketches, etc.

...Some of them are helpful, but the main reason I dived into this collection was because, according to AniPages' sonicmarshmallow, Yutaka Nakamura's roughs were somewhere on this site. I hear that, much like Psudans do, he animates his action sequences with "a plain mannequin-like construction pass for each scene he animates, to feel the movement first, and then draws the character features on another pass."
...good for action.

...I also see more detailed rough frames for more realistic scenes that involve dialogue and such. Interesting. *Strokes few hairs that have grown on chin*
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

PostSubject: Re: Assloads of Anime Roughs   Assloads of Anime Roughs I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 1:16 pm

"to feel the movement first, and then draws the character features on another pass"

That's a solid rule of thumb in general for drawn animation. He's not the only animator expressing this idea, either. I was watching a vid of this British animator (middle aged woman; you don't always see that!) pretty much talking about the same thing.
Back to top Go down
Hitorio
Staff
Hitorio

PostSubject: Re: Assloads of Anime Roughs   Assloads of Anime Roughs I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 3:18 pm

Quote :
middle aged woman

Quote :
middle aged woman

Quote :
middle aged woman

Quote :
you don't always see that

============

...right. the mannequin approach is very common for pretty much every animator company I've seen. ...the relative difference that action animators have is interesting, though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Assloads of Anime Roughs   Assloads of Anime Roughs I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Assloads of Anime Roughs
Page 1 of 1