Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

CrystalOri Art/Animation Quick Updates

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
CrystalOri

CrystalOri Art/Animation  Quick Updates Empty
PostSubject: CrystalOri Art/Animation Quick Updates   CrystalOri Art/Animation  Quick Updates I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2012 12:59 pm

Il be posting my stuff here :Y.

Last edited by CrystalOri on Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:25 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Hitorio
Staff
Hitorio

PostSubject: Re: CrystalOri Art/Animation Quick Updates   CrystalOri Art/Animation  Quick Updates I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2012 7:18 pm

*Looks at tumblr* So you're a Sakuga enthusiast. I see that Escaflowne Nakamura fight in your Liked Posts, and you named that first animation "Kameda Lightning".

It looks like that second animation is of Naruto - and it seems as if you drew it with a mouse. Is this so?
Back to top Go down
CrystalOri

PostSubject: Re: CrystalOri Art/Animation Quick Updates   CrystalOri Art/Animation  Quick Updates I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2012 8:37 pm

I drew it with my pen tablet. It looks messy cuz i did it sorta fast . That seems to be the way i do alot of my animations. I dont like spending alot of time on them , I like to practice my art skills more than actually finishing a full color animation. :Y I do some animations at school with a mouse. When bored during graphic design. I lose the animation fire from time to time but i always seem to come back eventually :).

Oh yeah about the sakuga. Hell yes i love sakuga. I have loads of sakuga vids and watch them everywhere. My favorites switch around from time to time. Sakuga has been really dry lately thou. I hope this drought ends soon .
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

PostSubject: Re: CrystalOri Art/Animation Quick Updates   CrystalOri Art/Animation  Quick Updates I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2012 8:53 am

Looks like another sakuga lover is among us. You'll fit right in with most of the guys here
Back to top Go down
CrystalOri

PostSubject: Re: CrystalOri Art/Animation Quick Updates   CrystalOri Art/Animation  Quick Updates I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2013 3:26 pm

Back to top Go down
ehl

ehl

PostSubject: Re: CrystalOri Art/Animation Quick Updates   CrystalOri Art/Animation  Quick Updates I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2013 6:47 pm

needs more anticipation/easing on the bend down and the jump up. btw your first two links are dead
Back to top Go down
Hitorio
Staff
Hitorio

PostSubject: Re: CrystalOri Art/Animation Quick Updates   CrystalOri Art/Animation  Quick Updates I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2013 7:11 pm

More importantly than easing and anticipation, even - get those physics right. You still want to make that jump look physically convincing, even if the motion isn't strung together in finished fashion.
The mistake is common - inconsistent center of mass.

Google "Center of mass."
Learn physics.
Animate.
Miracle skills.
Back to top Go down
CrystalOri

PostSubject: Re: CrystalOri Art/Animation Quick Updates   CrystalOri Art/Animation  Quick Updates I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2013 11:24 pm

Sorry about the dead links. Im kinda in the habit of deleting my old work I dont like everytime i post something new. I guess this is my quick update log . Changed the title from " archive " since its kinda the opposite :Y . Also yes i googled center of mass. I see what you mean. il work on it for sure. Thanks guys for the help
Back to top Go down
CrystalOri

PostSubject: Re: CrystalOri Art/Animation Quick Updates   CrystalOri Art/Animation  Quick Updates I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2013 11:13 am

Back to top Go down
Tom
Staff
Tom

PostSubject: Re: CrystalOri Art/Animation Quick Updates   CrystalOri Art/Animation  Quick Updates I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 3:01 am

How much time did you spend on animating it?
What did you focus on while you animated it?
Back to top Go down
Hitorio
Staff
Hitorio

PostSubject: Re: CrystalOri Art/Animation Quick Updates   CrystalOri Art/Animation  Quick Updates I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 5:36 am

Yeah, it'd be helpful (and just maybe more beneficial for you) if you wrote a little description detailing what went through your mind during the creation of the anim.

*You draw a circle*
"Why and how...did you draw this circle?"

It'd prolly enhance the Art Log, y'know?
Back to top Go down
CrystalOri

PostSubject: Re: CrystalOri Art/Animation Quick Updates   CrystalOri Art/Animation  Quick Updates I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2013 3:23 pm

Ok about 30 mins on this one. Rock crumbling... or maybe cheese? I wanted to see if i could make something crumble . Always try to do my anims at 8fps . I like the lag it gives. ALso dont have to draw so many frames.

http://mystagostring.tumblr.com/post/43592723103
Back to top Go down
Tom
Staff
Tom

PostSubject: Re: CrystalOri Art/Animation Quick Updates   CrystalOri Art/Animation  Quick Updates I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 3:35 am

It's good to practice animating stuff like this.

What do you see yourself doing with animation in the future?
Is this purely a hobby for you? or do you want to make animation your profession later on?
Back to top Go down
Hitorio
Staff
Hitorio

PostSubject: Re: CrystalOri Art/Animation Quick Updates   CrystalOri Art/Animation  Quick Updates I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 8:40 am

That crumbling rock- with that moderate sense of 3D spatial competence and all - is actually pretty sweet.

I also started animating at 8 fps many years ago - because I didn't have to draw so many frames. It's equivalent to triple-framing at 24 fps now, which opens you up to some exaggeratedly-snappy animation styles if you wanna go further with this.

Hiroyuki Imaishi? Eh? Eh?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CrystalOri Art/Animation Quick Updates   CrystalOri Art/Animation  Quick Updates I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

CrystalOri Art/Animation Quick Updates
Page 1 of 1